Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #1
Gianella08
Earning My Ears

Cinderella's Royal Table

I'm trying to decide between breakfast and dinner at CRT. My girls will be 4 1/2 and a month shy of 3. They love the princesses and I knew this would be the ultimate fairy tale experience for them. However, I'd want an 8 am reservation so we are in the park early, but do I want to carry their princess dresses around all afternoon????? I thought dinner because we could take a break at our resort and they'd be refreshed and happy but I was reading that dinner wasn't that great.

We are also doing the Tusker House and Hollywood and Vine character breakfasts. We are on the dining plan and I know CRT is two table service credits.

Any thoughts and advice is much appreciated! We will be there the 1st week in November and are staying at SSR for four days and then Dolphin for 2 days.

Thanks.
Gianella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

You can get a locker for the dresses, if you don't mind paying for one.
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

We pay out of pocket even when we are on the dining plan because we don't feel like it's a good value for 2 credits. But if you are using the 2 credits, then go with dinner....better value for your money. Neither meal has the best food, you are there for the experience.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #4
AmyB2006
I'd rather be in Disney!

Well if you're concerned about food, I'd go with breakfast. Dinner was horrible.

But the experience of being in the castle at night with the lights and such was nice.

AmyB2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
Gianella08
Earning My Ears

CRT or Storybook Dining

Should we skip CRT and go to Epcot Storybook Dining??? Is it better??
Gianella08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

From what I am hearing, the thing that CRT really has over Akershus at Epcot is the castle. If it means a lot to you and/or your family to have a meal in Cinderella's Castle, then there isn't any substitute. But if the castle is secondary to the princesses themselves, Akershus is a good less expensive option.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
lovedworld
Mouseketeer

When we had dinner there. I thought it was very good. We had the Roast Beef and potatoes. The desert sampler was good also. I wouldn't be afraid to go for dinner.
lovedworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
gilesmt
DIS Veteran

For the same credits you could do akershus for breakfast and get into Epcot early, and 1900 park fare for dinner, that way they get two princess meals for the same price.we will only do the castle once, and we waited until next week, my granddaughter will be 8 in June, she is old enough to remember it all, she is old enough to know what she wants, she will be princess Aaliyah and not one of Disney princesses, and this will be her last year really into princesses, but I have been reading for years and my expectations are not high of what the food will be, and the price is why off the charts. So we still have to do it and this is the year for us.

That said, my granddaughter still wants to go to 1900 because that was and always will be her dream night. When she was just shy of three years old we took her to wdw, each day we had problems with our dining plan so I would have to go to front desk before leaving the hotel, and as I asked about the dining, our princess would dance and sing and entertain all the front desk people's that she was going to eat with her prince. Finally the day came and we went to take our nap. When she woke up, the door knocked and low and behold there was a doorman, right out of cinderella's officially proclaiming that Aaliyah was invited to the ball with Prince Charming, he had a scroll with gold lettering and all. I thought my granddaughter was going to faint, she was jumping and crying and totally out of control. The poor door man probably still has bruises. We went to 1900 for dinner, and we had such a great time, and she got her picture with the prince and her, and he even danced with her for a few minutes, and the picture is attached to the scroll. To us, CRT will never compare for the experience, but we do have to try it once. We are doing dinner, only time we could get and I have been trying to switch it because the only BBB we could get was 9 am. But either way she will be happy and remember it. If you go a lot, or even think you will go in three years, I would wait and do both the others first. But that is me.
gilesmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #9
2012DisneyWorldBride
I was a Disney Bride on 12.8.12
I put ketchup on my ketchup

We did dinner at CRT for our honeymoon in Dec. we thought the food was great. It is very pricey but def worth the experience. I thought it was magical... I can only imagine what little girls think of the experience!

Michelle & Jeff's 12/8/12 Disney Wishes Wedding WP/GF/DP Morocco - Planning Journal and Trip Report!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2850449
Our Wedding / Honeymoon Trip - 8 Day Deluxe Dining Plan Review With Pictures!!! Didn't finish...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3037533
Michelle - Jeff (DH) - Chanel (Maltese Puppy)
Disney Trips: AP - for as long as I can remember - AKL 8/2011, GF 12/2012 & AKL 12/2012, CBR 9/2013 & GF 12/2013, CBR 8/2014 & GF 12/2014
2012DisneyWorldBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:30 PM   #10
gtpoohbear
DIS Veteran

We've eaten breakfast and dinner at CRT, and prefer dinner. It may not be the BEST food you'll find at WDW, but after 3 dinners there I don't understand why so many people don't like it. It's definitely a magical experience if you have princess-loving DDs. When my DD was that age and in a princess frenzy, we did all 3 princess meals on every trip. (CRT, Akershus, and 1900PF). They are each unique and worthy in their own way.

Now that DD is older and less interested, and DS isn't exactly a princess-lover, we won't likely be doing any of them again. Enjoy it while it lasts!!!

All Trip Reports & Photo Albums are located here!
Previous Trips: 2008: Poly | 2010: CBR | 2012: ASMo | 2013: YC | 2014: AKL, AoA | 2014: POR
Upcoming Trips: 12/14 - WL | 7/15 - ASMusic | 3/16 - DCL Fantasy - W.Car (7 nights)
gtpoohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #11
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Worth Every Penny

No matter what anyone say about the price it is worth every penny. Such fond memories you can't put a price on them. We've done it twice so far and I have one more granddaughter to take. We've done breakfast both time. They were so overwhelmed by it all. The last time we did Bobbity Boutique. A few hours into the day we rented a locker for her dress. It nice to be in the park before it opens too.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #12
jmcghee2024
DIS Veteran

My suggestion is for the same 2 credits you can go to Akerhaus for the princess interaction and Be Our Guest for a castle meal.
jmcghee2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #13
Groomer Gal
Mouseketeer

We LOVED dining in THE Castle! My twin daughter were just in awe over the entire thing!

The food? Not so great...but the experience is soooo worth it!

Our next trip....not entirely sure we are going to CRT again...but I'm not saying that we would never do it again either.

It was magical !
Groomer Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #14
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

We LOVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD the bfast at CRT!

Here is my review & pics:

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blo...st-review.html

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on WDW Trash cans & custodial show at Tokyo DL!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #15
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

When comparing food Breakfast at CRT is better than Dinner.

Breakfast is all you care to eat so you can ask for seconds, fourths and tenths if you want

The Princess line up is generally the same (excluding illness ect)

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: