Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
dgagnon519
DVC member AKL since 2008

Room Key - tickets

I am not sure if this is the right place, but hoping someone can help me. We are checking into POR for 2 nights with a 10 day park ticket. We are switching hotels a few times. What happens with our park tickets? Do they move it from room key to room key or does our first room key work for the park ticket the whole trip?
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 8 nights
Villas at Wilderness Lodge - 2 nights
Old Key West - 2 nights
Art of Animatition - 1 night
2011- Calypso Cay (off property) - 5 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Baylake Tower - 1 night
Saratoga Springs - 3 nights
Boardwalk - 2 nights
2010 - Old Key West - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo - 4 nights
Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - 4 nights
2009 - Pop Century - 10 nights
2007 - All Star Music - 8 nights
dgagnon519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
crazybones27
DVC Member

Since you're switching resorts a couple of times it might be easier just to have the resort you booked with tickets give you a paper ticket instead of attaching it to your room key. This way when you switch resorts you don't need to have to worry about having it moved from one room key to another.
crazybones27 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
morgy827
DIS Veteran

I had this question too. WOndering if we can just use the original key for park tickets and the current key for dining plan and resort room door?
I hate the paper tickets
Old 04-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy827 View Post
I had this question too. WOndering if we can just use the original key for park tickets and the current key for dining plan and resort room door?
I hate the paper tickets
Sorry, no. Once you check out of a resort, any KTTW cards attached to that resort's reservation become inactive, for everything. You'd need to stick with paper tickets or try to have them attached to your new resort's KTTW cards.

I agree with a previous poster: I think it'd be easier in the case of multiple resort switches to go with paper tickets, rather than going to the concierge desk at each resort to do the encoding. It's not bad once in the beginning of a trip, but I think would get old by the second time in one trip.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #5
danceintherain
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy827 View Post
I hate the paper tickets
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Sorry, no. Once you check out of a resort, any KTTW cards attached to that resort's reservation become inactive, for everything. You'd need to stick with paper tickets or try to have them attached to your new resort's KTTW cards.

I agree with a previous poster: I think it'd be easier in the case of multiple resort switches to go with paper tickets, rather than going to the concierge desk at each resort to do the encoding. It's not bad once in the beginning of a trip, but I think would get old by the second time in one trip.
I doubt it's very likely that you'll end up with paper tickets anymore. All the RFID enabled tickets are plastic. I was surprised when the CM who "activated" our Armed Forces Salute tickets, put them on different media rather than having us keep the originals.
It was nice that we could use both forms of turnstiles.

I suppose it's possible that the resort CMs may still have paper/tyvek tickets to give out, but I doubt it.

As per the other issue...from my understanding, any tickets will remain active for as long as they are intended. I think I've read accounts from people who have used the same "room key" for park entry over the course of many no expiry trips. I assume that they've made the new plastic tickets more durable than they have been in the past (because the paper was actually more durable) but there are also rumors going around of discontinuing the no expiry option anyways so it may become less relevant.
NEXT TRIP: SoG Dec 28-Jan 4, 2015 ~ POFQ Apr 13-20, 2013 ~ CBR: Nov 7-12, 2010 ~ Doubletree Guest Suites: July 8-14, 2009 ~ AKL: Jan 4-13, 2009 ~ Off-Property: New Year's 2006-2007, Spring Break 2001, Florida Resident 1991
danceintherain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We recently did a split stay and at check in for the second resort we asked the cm to transfer the tix to our new room key. The only issue we had was that we kept getting an error trying to go through the RFID entries once the tix were transferred. They had cms there with tablets to help though. No problems going through the International Gateway though, which didn't have RFID yet. I haven't read about this problem elsewhere so maybe just our bad luck!

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: