Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #571
HFam Loves Disney
Earning My Ears

Thanks

I appreciate all the comments about the kids club. I may let him try it this time. I think it will be nice if he meets some kids his age. Sounds like some of you have young kids, so maybe he'll make new friends. He is VERY social, but doesn't like when I leave him. Plus....I'm one of those moms.....as my husband calls me "helicopter mom".

Also, I know I was one of latecomers to the FE thing and I know we can't be on the official list, but thanks for trying to include us.

I noticed some of you said to pm you our room #. How do I do that? I only know how to post to the whole group. And those of you that wanted our room number, I'd like to get yours as well so we can reciprocate. I love to craft, so I can't wait to get involved....even if it is just with a few people.

We still don't have our room number either. We have never booked without it, so this waiting game is a first to us.
HFam Loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #572
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFam Loves Disney View Post
I appreciate all the comments about the kids club. I may let him try it this time. I think it will be nice if he meets some kids his age. Sounds like some of you have young kids, so maybe he'll make new friends. He is VERY social, but doesn't like when I leave him. Plus....I'm one of those moms.....as my husband calls me "helicopter mom".

Also, I know I was one of latecomers to the FE thing and I know we can't be on the official list, but thanks for trying to include us.

I noticed some of you said to pm you our room #. How do I do that? I only know how to post to the whole group. And those of you that wanted our room number, I'd like to get yours as well so we can reciprocate. I love to craft, so I can't wait to get involved....even if it is just with a few people.

We still don't have our room number either. We have never booked without it, so this waiting game is a first to us.
Come to the first day 3 pm meet at Promenade Lounge so he can meet some of the other kids. That way when he sees them in the club I might be more apt to enjoy.

You need to have 10 posts before you can send private messages. Just post a few more comments and then click on the person's name on the left of the post. Send a private message will be a choice there.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #573
HFam Loves Disney
Earning My Ears

Thank you. We will definitely try to attend.
HFam Loves Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #574
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Thank you. We will definitely try to attend.
You need 4 more posts. Smiley faces or whatever will do.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 10-17-2013, 09:48 AM   #575
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:

We can do a gift for your son, but unfortunately, I didn't get any extra for the adult gift. So, you can add me to your PM list if you'd like.
KLW1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #576
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Yes, that is correct. I will email an updated, corrected copy as soon as we have the last 3 cabins assigned. I'm leaving home Friday and not able to add a second list of latecomers to the official list. I will take my laptop with me so I can update those 3 cabins that still are not assigned and email that final info out, but I am not willing to spend more time than that out of our WDW (and visiting with our son) time. I know some are asking those newcomers to PM this info to them if they have extra stuff. Adding to the official list would require setting up separate list also, since not all have made and/or purchased extra things and the original participants who signed up prior to the agreed upon cutoff date should come first.
Totally understandable, you go, relax have fun, I certainly did not mean to create more work for anyone. Guess I didn't think it through before acting. Random goodies will work very well. Can't wait to meet everyone, we've got a terrific group.

6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
fly4free2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #577
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Anyone who was trying to get in on the FE past the cut off date .... PM me ...

I may have some extra goodies and will share whatever I have left. If you want to tell me your cabin #, # of people, and if you have kids what ages/sex

Thanks

Jenn
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #578
ser0408
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
Anyone who was trying to get in on the FE past the cut off date .... PM me ...

I may have some extra goodies and will share whatever I have left. If you want to tell me your cabin #, # of people, and if you have kids what ages/sex

Thanks
You can PM me too. I will have a few extras.

Thanks!
Disneyland-several times during 2002-2005 while we lived about 45 min away
ser0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #579
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Uh oh!! First sailing of the Magic has been canceled. I bet the boards lit up with that announcement! So, now we are on the second sailing, not the third.

Old 10-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #580
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

Let's keep our fingers crossed that there aren't any more delays and that our sailing isn't affected!!!! I feel horrible for those people who had their 10/20 cruise cancelled. However, the compensation is very nice....
Old 10-17-2013, 01:52 PM   #581
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Uh oh!! First sailing of the Magic has been canceled. I bet the boards lit up with that announcement! So, now we are on the second sailing, not the third.
there is a 10/25 2 night cruise as well... so we will be the third - unless that gets cancelled as well. as of now you cant even pull up the 10/27 cruise to book :/

Jenn
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #582
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!

Do you think we will be affected? I hope not - it's a whole extra week, but nervous!!

I feel so bad for all those that have to scramble to reschedule!

I believe we are on the third cruise now. We Were on the fourth.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:13 PM   #583
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

Well they say it was because of the weather they encountered while crossing the Atlantic that caused them not to finish the renovations in time. I'm wondering if they just underestimated how long the renovations were really going to take and are using the weather as an excuse? Either way, I'm sure no one is happy right now - DCL included. I guarantee that they are busting their butts so they don't have to cancel anymore sailings. I bet the reason you can't book the 10/27 sailing anymore is because DCL probably closed it so that the people on the 10/20 sailing could rebook on that sailing if they wanted. My stomach will be in knots for the next few days until I know for sure that the Magic will be sailing as planned! I'm sure that DCL is going to be keeping their passengers informed to avoid any unnecessary travel.
Old 10-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #584
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Holy #$@_&!

Big time sympathy for those that got the shaft today. I hope they get things ironed out quick!

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #585
jenerra11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpadalik View Post
Well they say it was because of the weather they encountered while crossing the Atlantic that caused them not to finish the renovations in time. I'm wondering if they just underestimated how long the renovations were really going to take and are using the weather as an excuse? Either way, I'm sure no one is happy right now - DCL included. I guarantee that they are busting their butts so they don't have to cancel anymore sailings. I bet the reason you can't book the 10/27 sailing anymore is because DCL probably closed it so that the people on the 10/20 sailing could rebook on that sailing if they wanted. My stomach will be in knots for the next few days until I know for sure that the Magic will be sailing as planned! I'm sure that DCL is going to be keeping their passengers informed to avoid any unnecessary travel.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. I'm 90% sure that they put the blame on mother nature just to cover their $%#&*
jenerra11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: