Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2013, 09:28 AM   #361
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

Thanks again ... this is clearing a lot of things up for me!!!
Melissaj1229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #362
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

32 days and counting... I just went on to book an excursion and there are server problems... I know patience!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #363
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

does anyone know of a great place to park for the cruise going out of Miami?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #364
diesel2512
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpadalik View Post
Diesel - A small world indeed! I grew up in Sarasota and have been here in North Port for 12 years now. I know exactly where the Frosted Mug is. It's still there! Where do you live now?
I live north of Destin in a little city called Niceville! Stationed at Eglin so back to Florida for us! Been back for about a month and of course first thing I did was book a disney cruise
diesel2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #365
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

SO I was reading the posts and it sounds like the best way to avoid problems in excursions is to book through Disney. Thanks! Great input!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #366
ncharlier
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissaj1229 View Post
I just booked this cruise with family and we are soo excited. It's our first time on the cruise line...I am a HUGE Disney fan!!!!! I'm trying to learn more about the FE... could someone give me some ideas on how we can join I have 3 kids and my sister has 2.
Melissa, I already joined. Look for Mrs. Mork on this thread and send her a private message. We are getting soooooooo excited!!
ncharlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:28 AM   #367
ncharlier
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Ok as stated before super new to cruising so lots of questions here....
I booked my husband and son on an excursion for just the two of them... my youngest son is going off with his Aunt and Uncle... and my Daughter and I will be doing something together too...now,the other 2 groups leave the ship earlier than we do...could we get off with them and tour around until our excursion starts? Or do they work it where you only get off at set designated times?
The last time we cruised, they had us meet on the ship as a group and then head off to the excursions. HMMMMMM???? That is a good question.
ncharlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #368
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
I just booked this cruise with family and we are soo excited. It's our first time on the cruise line...I am a HUGE Disney fan!!!!! I'm trying to learn more about the FE... could someone give me some ideas on how we can join I have 3 kids and my sister has 2.
Welcome aboard!!!

Quote:
Ok as stated before super new to cruising so lots of questions here....
I booked my husband and son on an excursion for just the two of them... my youngest son is going off with his Aunt and Uncle... and my Daughter and I will be doing something together too...now,the other 2 groups leave the ship earlier than we do...could we get off with them and tour around until our excursion starts? Or do they work it where you only get off at set designated times?
You can get off the ship and then return in time to join up with your excursion, but you cannot get off "with" another excursion. They will be given stickers to put on their shirts and will follow a crew member off the ship in a large group to waiting transportation. It the youngest and his aunt and uncle are just getting off on their own, you could go with them. Just be sure you allow time to reboard and have your tickets for your excursion with you so you can meet at the designated place on time. If you are talking Grand Cayman, I would not think of doing this since you have to get on a tender and that can take a half hour each way - depending on wait times. Hope that helped.

Quote:
Thank you so much! BIrthday cake at the table doesn't sound so bad Im sure he will like that kind of attention!!! Super Excited!!!
Our grandson will be turning 13 on the ship, so birthday attention in the dining room for him too!!

Quote:
SO I was reading the posts and it sounds like the best way to avoid problems in excursions is to book through Disney. Thanks! Great input!
First time cruise I would definitely put myself in Disney hands! We have done book ourselves a couple of times. The last was on the Hawaii cruise for a luau and we got back just 30 min before the ship was to set sail. I can tell you we were getting very, very nervous, although the tour guide kept telling us not to worry. We chartered a bus for a large group of us, but we did not know that they also added some people staying at a hotel to the group. Those people were in no hurry to get back to the bus after the luau and that was what held us up getting back. I think we will not add that stress to our cruises again to save a few dollars. Lots of people do book on their own and it works fine, I hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncharlier View Post
Melissa, I already joined. Look for Mrs. Mork on this thread and send her a private message. We are getting soooooooo excited!!
Got you added!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #369
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncharlier View Post
The last time we cruised, they had us meet on the ship as a group and then head off to the excursions. HMMMMMM???? That is a good question.
Thanks Nina... I was just trying to get my ten posts in... I just messaged them and waiting to hear back... we are excited too!!! Can't wait...Alyssa is trying to figure out how to make the costume you sent her to look more girly... Iam pretty sure we can make it work!
CAN'T WAIT!!!! 32 days and counting!!!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:17 AM   #370
Melissaj1229
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Welcome aboard!!!

You can get off the ship and then return in time to join up with your excursion, but you cannot get off "with" another excursion. They will be given stickers to put on their shirts and will follow a crew member off the ship in a large group to waiting transportation. It the youngest and his aunt and uncle are just getting off on their own, you could go with them. Just be sure you allow time to reboard and have your tickets for your excursion with you so you can meet at the designated place on time. If you are talking Grand Cayman, I would not think of doing this since you have to get on a tender and that can take a half hour each way - depending on wait times. Hope that helped.

Our grandson will be turning 13 on the ship, so birthday attention in the dining room for him too!!

First time cruise I would definitely put myself in Disney hands! We have done book ourselves a couple of times. The last was on the Hawaii cruise for a luau and we got back just 30 min before the ship was to set sail. I can tell you we were getting very, very nervous, although the tour guide kept telling us not to worry. We chartered a bus for a large group of us, but we did not know that they also added some people staying at a hotel to the group. Those people were in no hurry to get back to the bus after the luau and that was what held us up getting back. I think we will not add that stress to our cruises again to save a few dollars. Lots of people do book on their own and it works fine, I hear.

Got you added!
Thank you for the help!
Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #371
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLW1977 View Post
I think you are the one from Cruise Critic--Help@? If so, nice to see you here

I am thinking we will just book the Turtle Farm on our own. It says that they pick up at 8:30 and 9:45. On the ship's itinerary it says "guest ashore 8:00AM". Is that when they start letting people go ashore? In other words, would we make an 8:30 pickup, or should we play it safe with 9:45? I wish there was something in between. I want to make sure we have enough time there (return times are 12 or 1:15). Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
If you email them they will work with you. I would probably go with 9:45 though - by the time you get to the tender and get into port! We did this on the Fantasy and I think we were in later and left earlier than the Magic is doing.

Also, depending on how few people there are that have booked direct they will probably let you choose the return time. They did so with us.

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #372
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

FE FINAL CALL

We need to close this out so we all have time to get our FE gifts together. We agreed early on that OCT 1 would be our deadline.

Here is a list of what I have. If you have contacted me and are not on this list please send me a PM. And I will need cabin numbers if you have not already given me that info
JennLK
PoohGirl
ppruett
VowRenewal13
diesel2512
Fly4Free2
Randomiam
HoosierDisneyDad
cecechaffee
Bobaloo
Smith family (traveling with Bobaloo)
Ser0408
Stitch's girl
3minnie/1mickey
TempusFigit
MrsMork
ncharlier
disneyholic1977
TwinmomTN
Melissa1229 (two cabins)
please forgive if I have made any typos in the DIS names!)

ANYONE ELSE?? I THINK THERE WERE A COUPLE OF CABINS THAT HAD UNDECIDED FRIENDS/FAMILY IN ADDITIONAL CABINS. IS EVERYONE IN??

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 09-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #373
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My Son's birthday is the day before we set sail...I told the lady we booked with about his birthday and she said they would recognize it...So, what do they do? He is going to be 13 I don't want to embarrass him although he does LOVE attention. Could someone out there let me know what to expect?
tell your servers - they will sing and bring a special dessert

also, you can get a birthday pin at guest services for your son to wear

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #374
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

For those that have recently joined us and might have missed the posts about our first day meet and greet.....

JOIN US ON EMBARKATION DAY AT PROMENADE LOUNGE AT 3PM TO PUT SOME FACES WITH THESE NAMES.

It will be a good opportunity for the kids to make a buddy or 3 for fun times in the clubs also.

Old 09-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #375
disneyholic1977
Living our dream in paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
FE FINAL CALL

We need to close this out so we all have time to get our FE gifts together. We agreed early on that OCT 1 would be our deadline.

Here is a list of what I have. If you have contacted me and are not on this list please send me a PM. And I will need cabin numbers if you have not already given me that info
JennLK
PoohGirl
ppruett
VowRenewal13
diesel2512
Fly4Free2
Randomiam
HoosierDisneyDad
cecechaffee
Bobaloo
Smith family (traveling with Bobaloo)
Ser0408
Stitch's girl
3minnie/1mickey
TempusFigit
MrsMork
ncharlier
disneyholic1977
TwinmomTN
Melissa1229 (two cabins)
please forgive if I have made any typos in the DIS names!)

ANYONE ELSE?? I THINK THERE WERE A COUPLE OF CABINS THAT HAD UNDECIDED FRIENDS/FAMILY IN ADDITIONAL CABINS. IS EVERYONE IN??
Working on FE gifts - so excited!!! Mrs. Mork, will you be sending out or posting number in each cabin and an update on number of children and ages?
Disney Dream 9-2012
Disney Fantasy 10-2012
Disney Fantasy 5-2013
Disney Magic 11-2013
Disney Wonder 9-2014
disneyholic1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: