Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2013, 11:07 AM   #331
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic1977
Mrs. Mork - we will join you on the deck chairs and help count laps
Grab a couple chairs for Kaie and me. We'll bring drinks.

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #332
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyholic1977 View Post
Mrs. Mork - we will join you on the deck chairs and help count laps
We can use the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
Thanks for the support
You are most welcome. That's what DIS folks do!

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-28-2013, 11:11 PM   #333
disneyholic1977
Living our dream in paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
Double (virgin drinks for us!)
Disney Dream 9-2012
Disney Fantasy 10-2012
Disney Fantasy 5-2013
Disney Magic 11-2013
Disney Wonder 9-2014
disneyholic1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #334
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncharlier View Post
Has anyone found cheaper parking around the port? My dad found one online, but then read the reviews and was very discouraged. We most likely will have three vehicles and would love to save a little on parking. Any suggestions?
My mom just got back from a cruise last week and used a parking garage that was 5 minutes from the port and is leased from the City of Miami. It was very cheap (I think around $7/day) and she was able to keep the keys to her car. Getting to the port and getting back to the garage was fast and easy, employees were very nice. She would definitely use them again, so we are going to use them. I can't find the name of the company, so I will have to ask her and get back to you with that. The only thing she said that was a little unnerving was that the garage was on the edge of a very sketchy part of town, but the garage itself is partially underground, gated, and watched 24 hrs by a security guard.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #335
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Joining in

Hi everyone, I just spent quite a while reading through all 21 pages of this thread. Looks like a fun group! We are another family that took advantage of the great military rate. It will be myself, DH, DD (6), DS (6), and DD (4). This will be our first cruise and we are extremely excited!
KLW1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:32 AM   #336
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Post #6

Hmmm, looks like I need another 5 posts to be able to PM. So, a little more about us? We are traveling from Maryland. We are going to fly in on the 31st, to Fort Lauderdale. I think I already mentioned that this is our first cruise. My husband got back from a deployment in May and we celebrated at Disneyworld. Since then, I haven't been able to get the cruise idea out of my head. So, when the military rate came up--we jumped on it! I will be 20 weeks pregnant at sailing, so no tastings for us. I think we are going to do the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman (probably book independently, since if I reading things correctly it is not offered alone in any of the Disney excursions). Someone on Cruise Critic suggested Chankanaab to us and it looks like a good fit for Cozumel, but again, I don't think it is offered through the ship? I would love to do Xel-Ha or seen the ruins on the mainland, but the length of travel time worries me (the kids, especially the 4-year old aren't great travelers).

Four more to go...
Old 09-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #337
JennLK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLW1977 View Post
Hmmm, looks like I need another 5 posts to be able to PM. So, a little more about us? We are traveling from Maryland. We are going to fly in on the 31st, to Fort Lauderdale. I think I already mentioned that this is our first cruise. My husband got back from a deployment in May and we celebrated at Disneyworld. Since then, I haven't been able to get the cruise idea out of my head. So, when the military rate came up--we jumped on it! I will be 20 weeks pregnant at sailing, so no tastings for us. I think we are going to do the Turtle Farm in Grand Cayman (probably book independently, since if I reading things correctly it is not offered alone in any of the Disney excursions). Someone on Cruise Critic suggested Chankanaab to us and it looks like a good fit for Cozumel, but again, I don't think it is offered through the ship? I would love to do Xel-Ha or seen the ruins on the mainland, but the length of travel time worries me (the kids, especially the 4-year old aren't great travelers).

Four more to go...
Wondering if I am the person on Cruise Critic who suggested Chank I work there and have been posting there as well (at Cruise Critic not Chankanaab - though that would be cool)

We are still debating as well.

The turtle farm can be booked independently through Disney - and included a buffet lunch I think - for around $100 pp. Kind of pricey. We paid so much less doing it on our own.

The cost via the farm website is: Turtle Adventure Tour- Includes the Entire Park
Adults (over 12) - $45 USD
Child (ages 5 - 12) - $25 USD
* admission FREE for children ages 4 and under

There is a 20% discount right now for booking online - and they will pick you up! The only thing you will have to pay extra for as compared to the Disney trip is food.

Cruise: Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

Jenn
JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:12 PM   #338
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Hi everyone, I just spent quite a while reading through all 21 pages of this thread. Looks like a fun group! We are another family that took advantage of the great military rate. It will be myself, DH, DD (6), DS (6), and DD (4). This will be our first cruise and we are extremely excited!
Welcome aboard!! Again, thank your family for the sacrifices for us.

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
Old 09-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #339
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer

Quote:
Wondering if I am the person on Cruise Critic who suggested Chank I work there and have been posting there as well (at Cruise Critic not Chankanaab - though that would be cool)

The turtle farm can be booked independently through Disney - and included a buffet lunch I think - for around $100 pp. Kind of pricey. We paid so much less doing it on our own.

The cost via the farm website is: Turtle Adventure Tour- Includes the Entire Park
Adults (over 12) - $45 USD
Child (ages 5 - 12) - $25 USD
* admission FREE for children ages 4 and under

There is a 20% discount right now for booking online - and they will pick you up! The only thing you will have to pay extra for as compared to the Disney trip is food.
We are doing the city tour with Disney, which includes the Turtle Farm and it is only $39 per adult and is only 2.5 hours. Also doing the Cozumel tour that includes the Mayan ruins and it is only $52 per adult. I don't think those prices are out of line and we have the comfort of knowing if anything happens the ship will wait for us. Anyway, works for us and our "missing the ship" paranoia!

Old 09-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #340
VowRenewal13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
We are doing the city tour with Disney, which includes the Turtle Farm and it is only $39 per adult and is only 2.5 hours. Also doing the Cozumel tour that includes the Mayan ruins and it is only $52 per adult. I don't think those prices are out of line and we have the comfort of knowing if anything happens the ship will wait for us. Anyway, works for us and our "missing the ship" paranoia!
Those are the tours I booked too. Didn't want to spend a whole lot of money and since this is our first Western Caribbean trip wanted to do something besides stay on the ship.

VowRenewal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #341
KLW1977
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I think you are the one from Cruise Critic--Help@? If so, nice to see you here

I am thinking we will just book the Turtle Farm on our own. It says that they pick up at 8:30 and 9:45. On the ship's itinerary it says "guest ashore 8:00AM". Is that when they start letting people go ashore? In other words, would we make an 8:30 pickup, or should we play it safe with 9:45? I wish there was something in between. I want to make sure we have enough time there (return times are 12 or 1:15). Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #342
TwinMomTN
Last but not Least

Quote:
Another set of twins! How cool is that! We have several sets! It'll be like a multiples support group LOL!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:11 PM   #343
TwinMomTN
Last but not Least

Quote:
The cost via the farm website is: Turtle Adventure Tour- Includes the Entire Park Adults (over 12) - $45 USD Child (ages 5 - 12) - $25 USD * admission FREE for children ages 4 and under There is a 20% discount right now for booking online - and they will pick you up! The only thing you will have to pay extra for as compared to the Disney trip is food.
You're the best! I am so booking that trip! Going to the website now. My kids won't swim with the dolphins but really wanted to see the turtles! Perfect!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #344
TaniaSWFL
Earning My Ears

Personal Navigator Request

This group is the lucky group to be the first to sail the newly re-imagined Magic with the Itinerary B schedule. That being said, I'm cruising on the next Itinerary B schedule on 11/15. Would anyone consider sharing their Personal Navigators when the cruise ends? I know it would be tough to share quickly but it would surely help us with planning/packing and I'd be very grateful! Thank you in advance!
TaniaSWFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 PM   #345
disneyholic1977
Living our dream in paradise

Quote:
I think you are the one from Cruise Critic--Help@? If so, nice to see you here

I am thinking we will just book the Turtle Farm on our own. It says that they pick up at 8:30 and 9:45. On the ship's itinerary it says "guest ashore 8:00AM". Is that when they start letting people go ashore? In other words, would we make an 8:30 pickup, or should we play it safe with 9:45? I wish there was something in between. I want to make sure we have enough time there (return times are 12 or 1:15). Any thoughts?

Thanks!!
I would go with the 9:45 pick-up. Occasionally the ship may be a few minutes late docking and may not clear customs as quickly as they hope. We've had the guests ashore time change by as much as 30 minutes.
Disney Dream 9-2012
Disney Fantasy 10-2012
Disney Fantasy 5-2013
Disney Magic 11-2013
Disney Wonder 9-2014
disneyholic1977 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: