Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #181
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
I need to move to Florida.
We thought about it, but spent 6 weeks there spring 2009 and decided we would much rather visit regularly and live in Montana where it is MUCH quieter and the scenery is beautiful.
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:14 AM   #182
diesel2512
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 18

Do we have a Facebook page started for FE for this cruise? Or just a FB at all for this sailing? Could we??
diesel2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-19-2013, 07:23 AM   #183
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
 
TempusFugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The state of denial.
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel2512
Do we have a Facebook page started for FE for this cruise? Or just a FB at all for this sailing? Could we??
We don't to my knowledge. I'm not that good with the FB thing.
__________________
Let's dance.....put on your red shoes and dance the blues.....

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:25 AM   #184
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
 
TempusFugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The state of denial.
Posts: 409

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork

We thought about it, but spent 6 weeks there spring 2009 and decided we would much rather visit regularly and live in Montana where it is MUCH quieter and the scenery is beautiful.
I agree about the scenery, even living here in the Midwest. I just think the travel costs and Florida residence rates would be a huge savings. With an inside stateroom or a gty the cruise is just over half the total cost. We'd be able to cruise and visit WDW much more often.
__________________
Let's dance.....put on your red shoes and dance the blues.....

Want to split a pineapple?

Last edited by TempusFugit; 09-19-2013 at 07:30 AM.
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:46 AM   #185
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 807

I won't join a FB group for a roll call - sorry - don't trust it - not anonymous enough for my liking. It would take 2 minutes for someone to find out when you are on vaca - where you live etc - even if they weren't part of the group.
__________________
Cruise: MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #186
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel2512 View Post
Do we have a Facebook page started for FE for this cruise? Or just a FB at all for this sailing? Could we??
No FB page for this group. Please let us know what benefit we could get from a FB page. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
I agree about the scenery, even living here in the Midwest. I just think the travel costs and Florida residence rates would be a huge savings. With an inside stateroom or a gty the cruise is just over half the total cost. We'd be able to cruise and visit WDW much more often.
That would be nice, wouldn't it? We have learned that we just have to do longer trips. We will be at WDW for 10 days before this cruise. Maximize our air dollars that way. We are DVC so the rooms don't "cost" us anything. Ok, they cost but we prepaid for them while we were working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
I won't join a FB group for a roll call - sorry - don't trust it - not anonymous enough for my liking. It would take 2 minutes for someone to find out when you are on vaca - where you live etc - even if they weren't part of the group.
I agree, we have a FB page for our Oct 2014 cruise and the admin. approved a request to join from someone who immediately posted spam selling shoes. After checking, that person was not on our cruise and was unapproved by the admin., but in the meantime....
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #187
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
No FB page for this group. Please let us know what benefit we could get from a FB page. Thanks


That would be nice, wouldn't it? We have learned that we just have to do longer trips. We will be at WDW for 10 days before this cruise. Maximize our air dollars that way. We are DVC so the rooms don't "cost" us anything. Ok, they cost but we prepaid for them while we were working.



I agree, we have a FB page for our Oct 2014 cruise and the admin. approved a request to join from someone who immediately posted spam selling shoes. After checking, that person was not on our cruise and was unapproved by the admin., but in the meantime....
Also - even if the FB group is closed - if you are not a member you can still see the name/profile photo of everyone who is ... don't like that!
__________________
Cruise: MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #188
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugit View Post
I agree about the scenery, even living here in the Midwest. I just think the travel costs and Florida residence rates would be a huge savings. With an inside stateroom or a gty the cruise is just over half the total cost. We'd be able to cruise and visit WDW much more often.
The taxes are nice for retirement in FL too. And, one could get a seasonal job with WDW or DCL and reap even more benefits. Drawback is that you would need to live there and it is very, very busy. Traffic is roaring and we found drivers not quite as polite as in some other places. Traffic....when we were there we went to the Daytona area at race time and to Tampa at Super Bowl time. We got to enjoy the traffic at both places, but alas neither event. We were just visiting.
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:02 PM   #189
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
The taxes are nice for retirement in FL too. And, one could get a seasonal job with WDW or DCL and reap even more benefits. Drawback is that you would need to live there and it is very, very busy. Traffic is roaring and we found drivers not quite as polite as in some other places. Traffic....when we were there we went to the Daytona area at race time and to Tampa at Super Bowl time. We got to enjoy the traffic at both places, but alas neither event. We were just visiting.
Haha, I live in NJ - traffic in FL would be a break for me
__________________
Cruise: MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #190
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
Haha, I live in NJ - traffic in FL would be a break for me
We have lived in Southern Cal, then Portland, OR before Missoula, MT. Moved from bad to not too bad to traffic at 5:30 MIGHT back up 3/4 of a mile on our busiest street. The interstate is a breeze. We drive about 7 miles on the interstate to get to church (about the only time we use it) and we usually see less than 20 vehicles the whole way.
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #191
HoosierDisneyDad
Mouseketeer
 
HoosierDisneyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77

Hi, everyone! My family and I are booked on this cruise too! We were going to take a cruise this winter but we couldn't wait that long for our first Disney cruise. I've made all the travel arrangements and now I'm just waiting for our cabin assignment. We're flying into FLL the day before and spending the night in downtown Miami so we'll be close to the port.
HoosierDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #192
MrsMork
Proud Old Geezer
 
MrsMork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montana where the sky IS big!
Posts: 16,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDisneyDad View Post
Hi, everyone! My family and I are booked on this cruise too! We were going to take a cruise this winter but we couldn't wait that long for our first Disney cruise. I've made all the travel arrangements and now I'm just waiting for our cabin assignment. We're flying into FLL the day before and spending the night in downtown Miami so we'll be close to the port.
Welcome aboard! First Disney cruise!! You are going to love it! We have a FE group. Let me know if you would like to join in. Oct 1 is the deadline to let us know.
__________________

Disney Cruise 1999, 2000, 2002, twice in 2003, 10 Day 2004, Dec 2005, Dec 2006, Dec 2007, WB PC May 2008,WBTA 2010,Alaska 2011,Hawaii 2012,WBPC May2013,Jan 2014,Oct 2104,Dec 2014
MrsMork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #193
JennLK
DIS Veteran
 
JennLK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 807

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDisneyDad View Post
Hi, everyone! My family and I are booked on this cruise too! We were going to take a cruise this winter but we couldn't wait that long for our first Disney cruise. I've made all the travel arrangements and now I'm just waiting for our cabin assignment. We're flying into FLL the day before and spending the night in downtown Miami so we'll be close to the port.
Welcome Your first cruise !!! How exciting - if we can give you any advice don't hesitate to ask. You will be HOOKED
__________________
Cruise: MSC Divina 4/14 * Norwegian Breakaway 1/14 * Magic 11/13 * Fantasy 9/12 * Dream 1/12 * Dream 2/11
WDW: Off-site (Bonnet Creek) 01/13 and 11/11
SSR 1/11 and CSR/CBR 12/06-1/07

JennLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #194
HoosierDisneyDad
Mouseketeer
 
HoosierDisneyDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork View Post
Welcome aboard! First Disney cruise!! You are going to love it! We have a FE group. Let me know if you would like to join in. Oct 1 is the deadline to let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennLK View Post
Welcome Your first cruise !!! How exciting - if we can give you any advice don't hesitate to ask. You will be HOOKED
Thank you! The FE group sounds like a lot of fun. I'll PM you with my details.
HoosierDisneyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 AM   #195
TempusFugit
Are you a fan of delicious flavor?
 
TempusFugit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The state of denial.
Posts: 409

Welcome aboard! Good to see another Hoosier here.
__________________
Let's dance.....put on your red shoes and dance the blues.....

Want to split a pineapple?
TempusFugit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.