Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
Summer-Caitlin
DIS Veteran

Smile Booked tonight!!!

I was hoping to book over the phone but I missed the cut off and the phonelines were closed. However I decided to take the plunge and book online, got Quidco so not all bad. I booked 4 nights at The Sequoia Lodge on 4th September. I am hoping to add 2 or 3 nights in Paris before that as we have never been and I would like to see the sights before travelling on to Disney. We will be going by Eurostar. It will be my husband, me and my 2 year old son so wanted to give ourselves extra time and take it easy. We married in WDW so this will be a completely different experience but one I am looking forward to all the same. I am really excited and am looking forward to beginning the planning stages. I am especially looking forward to the Disney Dreams show

So any advice on places to eat with a 2 year old? Or any advice on a hotel to book in Paris itself?

Next trip Nov 2nd-Nov 21 2014 OKW
Summer-Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
laurab84
Mouseketeer

evening have you been to Disneyland pars before? we love it there! the fact you can walk to the parks is a huge bonus! we have taken our son twice, first time he was 13 months and second time he was 25 months. both times in October. we find the buffet breakfasts are a great help as he can fill up on croissants and toast for breakfast. he's kind of a snacker so I tend to take lunch stuff with me from home. buttons, animal biscuits, poofs (the organic 'goodies' crisp things) then just get him a cake or something there for lunch. all the quick service counters do a small choc cake and a yoghurt. there's a lovely bakery that does biscuits and on the station, before you get to the park there's a couple of big shops. ideal for treats etc. for tea he's eaten in cafe mickey, annettes diner, and the rain forest cafe. as well as the counter places in Disney. round by the side of small world is a place that sells pizza and different pasta, makes a change to chicken nuggets! cafe mickey has a great selection on the kiddies menu and can be booked here before you go. there are characters wandering about. Theo loved them the 1st year, not so sure the second year. they are very good and keep their distance when the kids are nervous. the rain Forrest does the best kids menu, cottage pie, kiddies curry, and maybe a roast type thing. as well as the normal nuggets etc. Theo was too busy looking at the animals to eat! the hotel buffets are great too as they can have a little of all sorts! the 1st year we went was great as Theo ate anything and everything. the second year was harder as he was a fussy wotsit but we still managed to feed him!

when do you go?
Laura Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
laurab84 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
Summer-Caitlin
DIS Veteran

Hi, thanks for the info. We are booked for Sept 4th-Sept 8th at Sequoia Lodge but am hoping for a couple of nights in Paris before this as we have never been to Paris. I have been to Disneyland and WDW but this is the first time going to DLRP. Joshua will be 2 and a half by the time we go. Hubby isn't all for the idea as he thinks he is too young, but I think he will get a lot from it and he absolutely adores Winnie the Pooh. He is at the fussy age for eating but he seems to enjoy eating out, he never says no to chicken! I am definitely going to book Cafe Mickey for lunch one day. I also intend to book Rainforest Cafe for dinner as we have never been before. I can't wait, I so need a Disney fix!!!

Next trip Nov 2nd-Nov 21 2014 OKW
Summer-Caitlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #4
laurab84
Mouseketeer

you should be fine without booking the rainforest, we've always been fine without booking. as Joshua is 2.5 I suppose you'll be eating at 5ish so will avoid most crowds. Theo loved the whole experience both times we've been. the 1st time he mainly watched everything that was going on. this time he loved the rides, he did loads! just a word of warning, the cars ride which is opposite crush in the studios is a hell of a lot faster than it looks! slinky dog is fine thought. make sure you watch this animagique (sp?) in the studios. it's a black light show so everything is dark and all the giant puppets glow in the dark! it's not scary and is a nice place to chill for a minute. is the 20 anniversary still on when you go? Theo enjoyed that too.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
laurab84
Mouseketeer

by the way, I got married in wdw too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: