Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 06:46 PM   #61
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Nice Animal Kingdom update. You can really tell how tall the boys are getting in the Dinosaur picture.

Hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day, Amy!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #62
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Happy Mother's Day Amy!

Festival of the Lion King is fantastic! I'm always impressed!

I remember how much your boys love Dinosaur!

UGH!! I'm with Alex on the bird situation at FTBBQ.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #63
carissanboys
DIS Veteran

We wanted to go see FOLK again (have only seen it once), but it didn't work out on our AK day. We also have never watched the parade. We're normally gone before it starts.

The birds at Flame Tree are a bit crazy!

**NEW TR** S.O.C.K. and Stitch Return to the World with a Dog
Old 05-14-2013, 01:04 PM   #64
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Amy - this is a great picture in all their reverse matchiness ! I love that!

Also love the pictures looking down from EE. So cool. Sounds like you all had a blast at AK. Well, perhaps for the annoying birds at dinner time.

Hope you had a great Mother's day!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-14-2013, 06:29 PM   #65
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a fun AK day, I love the boys outfits, how they are similar but also opposite. Very cool.

We loved Flame Tree too, fortunately for us we haven't experienced the birds yet though. Hoping we can avoid them next time too as my kids would really freak also.

You got some great animal pictures :-) Can't wait to see your photopass pictures
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 05-14-2013, 07:27 PM   #66
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Fantastic that the camelback worked out so well! Four parks in two days?

Brave woman!

Kathy
Old 05-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #68
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
Happy Mother's Day to you as we'll!! Have a great day.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
How long was the wait for EE?? Just curious b/c we are usually there in the morning too.
I'm not sure... during that part of the day we may have used Alex's Guest Assistance Card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Fun afternoon at AK. We've not done Kali River Rapids in ages...must try to remedy it this year.

Love Flame tree.

It's a little chilly here to be planting flowers...so unspringlike here.

Can't wait to read more.
Kali was nice on a hot day! Flame Tree is a must do for us at least once during every trip!

I did get my flowers planted... then my mother showed up with about a million more flowers for me! Luckily she loves to garden (and only has a tiny garden space at her apartment) so she happily planted them all for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8leg8 View Post
Great Giraffe pics.

Enjoying the report very much!
Thanks!! And
Old 05-17-2013, 07:54 AM   #69
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Nice Animal Kingdom update. You can really tell how tall the boys are getting in the Dinosaur picture.

Hope you are having a wonderful Mother's Day, Amy!
They are growing! I had Alex try on some pants that he hadn't worn in a while & they were too short... so I had Zach try them on... too short for him too!

I had a nice Mother's Day - I hope you did too!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Happy Mother's Day Amy!

Festival of the Lion King is fantastic! I'm always impressed!

I remember how much your boys love Dinosaur!

UGH!! I'm with Alex on the bird situation at FTBBQ.
Happy Mother's Day to you too Missy!

I absolutely LOVE FoTLK!! It's my favorite Disney show.

There are always birds at Flame Tree but this year there were these tall birds with really long beaks - they were at eye level when sitting down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carissanboys View Post
We wanted to go see FOLK again (have only seen it once), but it didn't work out on our AK day. We also have never watched the parade. We're normally gone before it starts.

The birds at Flame Tree are a bit crazy!
The AK parade is one of those things that will probably stay on my Disney bucket list for a long time...

The birds are insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Amy - this is a great picture in all their reverse matchiness ! I love that!

Also love the pictures looking down from EE. So cool. Sounds like you all had a blast at AK. Well, perhaps for the annoying birds at dinner time.

Hope you had a great Mother's day!
I didn't even notice the reverse matchiness until you mentioned it!

I love taking pictures on EE! I was making Tim nervous!

I had a nice Mother's Day - I hope you did too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a fun AK day, I love the boys outfits, how they are similar but also opposite. Very cool.

We loved Flame Tree too, fortunately for us we haven't experienced the birds yet though. Hoping we can avoid them next time too as my kids would really freak also.

You got some great animal pictures :-) Can't wait to see your photopass pictures
Funny about the outfits because I didn't even notice!

I can't believe you've been to Flame Tree & haven't had a bird experience! Lucky!!

My photopass pictures should arrive any day!! I can't wait to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Fantastic that the camelback worked out so well! Four parks in two days?

Brave woman!

Kathy
We've been know to hit two parks in a day and even on back to back days. I knew we had a relaxing weekend so figured we could make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Awww..you saw the lion!

Fun AK afternoon (well, other than the birds at Flame Tree!)
Two lions!! There was a girl lion and a boy lion! They sure do sleep a lot!

It was fun to be at AK later in the day. The crowds definitely cleared out as it got later.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 AM   #71
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Heating up at DHS

Day 3 – Friday, April 19th

Plans for today included spending the morning at DHS, then heading to MK and ending the day with dinner at Be Our Guest! We needed to head back to the condo to meet up with Tim’s brother, Jeff and his wife, Karen.

The boys enjoyed some screen time on the the screened balcony.

We arrived at DHS in time for park opening. We headed straight up Sunset Blvd to ride or favorite thrill rides! We headed to Tower of Terror first & ended up being on the first elevator! I know this because the CM told me when he pulled up our photopass pictures.

Then we were off to ride RnRC! We were really moving along – the time stamp on my photopass picture redemption receipt says 9:33am.

We headed over to Toy Story Mania & it was already down! We continued on to ride Star Tours then to check out the store. I encouraged the boys to make their own droids. They also picked out a new action figure for their shared collection.

Based on my receipts, we stopped for a snack next. I must have smelled the churros & NEEDED one! We stopped at the kiosk near the Great Movie Ride. Tim & I shared a churro and a water. Alex got an Itzakadoozie and Zach had a Mickey bar. At this point we headed back to Toy Story Mania.

I played with Zach. This was our score.

Tim played with Alex… and it ended with a meltdown for Alex. He was trash talking Tim in the line… so Tim decided to kick his butt! Obviously that didn’t go over well! Alex couldn’t let it go! We decided it was time for a show so we headed to Indiana Jones. Zach raced down to the front row, very excited that there were seats open there. We soon figured out why those seats were open… it’s very hot down there when the explosions happen. Alex was still agitated from his big loss on Toy Story Mania & was antsy to move on. I almost took him out but he felt like he should stay for some reason. Apparently I didn't take any pictures of the show!

Finally just what we all needed… Lunch! We headed back over toward Sunset Blvd to eat at Rosie’s. We made a quick stop at Anaheim Produce to get Zach a lemonade slushie (he’s a huge fan of the slushie). Tim had a burger, Zach had the kids chicken nuggets and Alex & I both had the regular chicken nuggets. We had more than enough food & probably should have shared. I also got my first souvenir mug of the trip – the Tower of Terror mug.

We had planned to do a few more things at DHS before heading to MK but it was really hot (high around 90 today) & we were getting tired. During lunch we decided to head back to the resort for a little while before heading to MK. The only thing we really needed to do at MK was have dinner. There was no way I was going to miss our Be Our Guest ADR but there was no reason we couldn’t take a break. We opted for one more quick ride… The Great Movie Ride – a good choice for a hot day!

Unfortunately the line was longer than I’ve seen it in a long time. We made our way through the air conditioned queue & enjoyed our ride with the Gangster. For some reason we tend to get the cowboy as often as we get the gangster so that was fine with us.

We made our way out of the park and enjoyed some relaxation at the resort. We were only “home” for about an hour, but it gave us time to cool off at the pool and relax a little. Sorry for the lack of pictures today… between the heat & Alex’s meltdown, the camera was tucked away more than usual!

Here are a couple PP pix that I made everyone stop for on our way out.

Up next... Dining with the Beast!
Old 05-19-2013, 08:09 AM   #72
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Glad Alex got over his meltdown and it didn't totally ruin the show. I know all to well about those.

It's so nice that both boys will ride the thrill rides. That is our biggest challenge at Disney and all theme parks. DS15 won't ride them and DS11 is all about them!!! DS15 usually just hangs out and waits for us. Now that he's older he'll usually go on another ride if possible.

Can't wait to hear about BOG. I had an ADR for April but needed to cancel now I can't get one for July!!
We'll make it there sometime either Oct. or Dec. yes you heard that right!! I used to be so jealous of everyone's multiple WDW trips. Not anymore
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 05-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #73
MEK
DIS Veteran

Ahh - the dreaded meltdown! I know all too well about those. My older son Brian was famous for meltdowns when he got beat. It was never pretty. I feel your pain.

Aside from that it looks like you had a really great morning and got all the main rides done before lunch.

Yum - I think you have the same look on your face as I do when I got on ToT. It's the stoic "I'm tough. I can handle this" look! Bravo for being first on!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 05-19-2013, 11:43 AM   #74
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love the photopass pics, Amy.

Sorry for the meltdown...we've all been there and a "break" at the resort is the perfect thing for that.

Can't wait to hear what you thought of Be Our Guest.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #75
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

We headed straight up Sunset Blvd to ride or favorite thrill rides!

Those faces are just not screaming 'favorite thrill ride' to me.

Lemonade slushies - yum!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: