Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 PM   #736
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Question Question!

I'm making my first halter dress and I have no idea on the length for the straps. It's for my 9 year old niece. Any ideas?

I'm going with 20", I hope it's long enough, but not too long.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013

Last edited by squirrel; 06-22-2013 at 06:24 PM.
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #737
Meshell2002
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionsfantastic View Post
hi everyone, wow looking through and you all are so so talented. when i was pregnant i started making a few costumes to styling wigs like disney princesses, since having my newest addition ive been to busy to carry it on. after coming here im feeling very inspired to try make time to get back into it , and now my son is sleeping 7pm through the night i have some spare hours in the evening

i want to make my littlest a pinocchio costume for a trip we are hoping to take next year but size wise i dont know what he will be so ill start small and get some practice in
Welcome! I too am on here a little but rarely post since I'm mobile and have trouble putting up pics. I have 3 kids DS6 DD4 & DD 8 mos tomorrow . She still doesn't sleep more than 4 hrs so it has slowed down my sewing.

I made 2 leotards but...sold one before I even got a picture of it since my DD actually needed the next size up for growth room. The Jalie pattern fit DD a little better but the etsy one was super easy.....so I need to draft a custom one next go round...will try to get pics this week if she wears one...thanks for the rec.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #738
squirrel
DIS Veteran

Halter top is almost finished, I just need my niece to measure and make sure it's not too loose/tight. Then I will sew it to the circle skirt that I have 1/2 cut out.

Made the other niece a top out of the same fabric. There wasn't enough left for a dress.

Hopefully, I will get photos posted tomorrow of the completed outfits.

So much more to make for our cruise and DL trip.
WDW (Pop) Sept. 5-19 2008 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Oct. 1-15 2009 Free Dining
WDW (Pop) Sept. 30-Oct. 14 2010 Free Dining
WDW (Pop-BC) Sept. 29-Oct. 13 2011 Free Dining
Wonder and DLR (BWPPI) Sept. 10-20 2012
Wonder and DLR (DI&S) Sept. 9-21 2013
squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #739
Sandi S
Sew Crazy for Disney!

Hi ladies - I haven't been on almost at all since our trip last August, but I am going back with my mom and the four kids in December. It's going to be a surprise trip for the kids, so I will have to be sneaky sewing.

In the meantime, I am working on a Hello Kitty/Statue of Liberty themed outfit for a trip the kids DO know about - Washington DC & NYC in a couple of weeks. I'm going to have to look back through the thread and get some ideas - it will be fun to sew for a WDW Christmas trip.

Sandi S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #740
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Monsters U Crew

Took the boys to see Monsters University this morning, my husband works fridays and saturdays so today was the first day we could all go. LOVED IT. And the boys LOVED their special outfits, especially Mike W "trapped" on the back!

Now back to the rest of my orders and my 4th of July outfits before we leave in a week for Colorado for the 4th.

Jen

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #741
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
Took the boys to see Monsters University this morning, my husband works fridays and saturdays so today was the first day we could all go. LOVED IT. And the boys LOVED their special outfits, especially Mike W "trapped" on the back!

Now back to the rest of my orders and my 4th of July outfits before we leave in a week for Colorado for the 4th.

Jen
What a sweet family! So glad you all got to go in the mama made.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #742
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Jen
All items are wonderful.

What part of Colorado are you going to be going to?
sewdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:53 PM   #743
BabyRapunzel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood

Jen
Very cute outfits! Glad you had fun. We are going tomorrow, don't think I'll get the shirts done in time, brother came in early and took my sewing time, oh well.
BabyRapunzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #744
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post

All items are wonderful.

What part of Colorado are you going to be going to?
We are driving (sigh) from Chicago to Colorado Springs. I grew up there and my mom, brother and nephew all live there. My 6-yo nephew gets to throw out the first pitch at the CS Sky Sox minor league game on the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Old 06-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #745
babynala
DIS Veteran

Jen, everyone looks awesome in their outfits for the movie. I think I will try to get the kids there in a few weeks when we visit my parents.

We are currently in Orlando with my DHs work. No Disney for us, but if it rains maybe I will take the kids to DTD to see Monsters Inc.

The hotel we stayed at last night was was next to sea world and Shamu was at breakfast this morning. I told my kids "if I knew Shamu was going to be here I would have made you matching outfits." They both rolled their eyes and moaned. My DD told me I was going a little overboard. LOL. I am debating about what to make them for our Oct trip. Curtis will only wear tshirts. I am afraid to ask Casey if she will wear some skirts because I am afraid she will say no. She is a sweetie and will probably wear whatever I make, once it is made.

Missed a few quotes but I love hearing from those that are new or haven't been around lately. Yeah for more trips.

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #746
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Jen, everyone looks awesome in their outfits for the movie. I think I will try to get the kids there in a few weeks when we visit my parents.

We are currently in Orlando with my DHs work. No Disney for us, but if it rains maybe I will take the kids to DTD to see Monsters Inc.

The hotel we stayed at last night was was next to sea world and Shamu was at breakfast this morning. I told my kids "if I knew Shamu was going to be here I would have made you matching outfits." They both rolled their eyes and moaned. My DD told me I was going a little overboard. LOL. I am debating about what to make them for our Oct trip. Curtis will only wear tshirts. I am afraid to ask Casey if she will wear some skirts because I am afraid she will say no. She is a sweetie and will probably wear whatever I make, once it is made.

Missed a few quotes but I love hearing from those that are new or haven't been around lately. Yeah for more trips.
Thankfully my kids still wear what I tell them to most of the time. They do have their preferences though, for sure! I can tell I go overboard though since when we took them to the high school production of Beauty and the Beast one demanded to wear his BEAST SHIRT! for the show, which I had not made... No activity un-outfitted I guess.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:20 PM   #747
sewdisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We are driving (sigh) from Chicago to Colorado Springs. I grew up there and my mom, brother and nephew all live there. My 6-yo nephew gets to throw out the first pitch at the CS Sky Sox minor league game on the 4th.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Welcome home! How did your family do with the fire?

How exciting about your nephew! What a neat thing for him to get to do!

I hope your drive goes well. I will shout a "hello" to you from Littleton!
sewdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #748
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewdisney View Post
Welcome home! How did your family do with the fire?

How exciting about your nephew! What a neat thing for him to get to do!

I hope your drive goes well. I will shout a "hello" to you from Littleton!
My family was fine this time around. Last year my mom was evacuated, she lives in the foothills northwest CS, her house was fine but the church 50 yards outside her backdoor had a spot fire and suffered damage. My brother lives about a mile south of the evac area for this most recent fire. It's heartbreaking to see so much devastation in my hometown. I do miss the mountains and my husband, even though he is from Chicago, occasionally discusses moving back there. His family no longer lives here, they retired elsewhere, and it would be nice for my kids to grow up near their cousin. Looking forward to being in Colorado, not as much looking forward to the drive out and back! Our road trip to florida a few months ago to visit my husband's Dad was terrible, my kids were awful and I think we stopped 200 times to potty. Sigh.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #749
tmh0206
Mouseketeer

I have been stalking the thread but haven't done much sewing lately, so I wanted to share the 2 things I FINALLY got done for the MU movie this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=720%2C960

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=720%2C960

hope this works because it has been a long time since I posted any pics
tmh0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #750
tmh0206
Mouseketeer

hmmmm. why don't my pictures show instead of the link to them on facebook?
tmh0206 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: