Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #691
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Sorry I am a few pages behind. We had a super crazy busy week last week so I am just catching up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbelleatheart View Post
As usual, I get back to a computer and the creativity of you all is astounding.
Thought I would share a kind of nice story if you don't mind. We moved our son and fiance' to Orlando last week. We took a few days to visit my parents (ages 83 & 85) at their active adult community. The ladies had decided on a project and they needed a little assistance from me.
The project was to purchase 10-15 sewing machines and teach young mothers how to sew, either for themselves or as a possible job skill. My job was to refurbish all the machines they had collected. It was fun yet tedious to teach these ladies how to thread the newer machines. They all can sew on a machine (except my Mom). Of course, they had so many brands of machines I hit Walmart several times to get bobbins, oil, needles! Then took them shopping on Craigslist to see what else they wanted to buy.
One lady donated a machine that belonged to her Mom. I googled it. It was worth way more than she thought. Pristine Singer Featherweight 221 with all the attachments, case and original manuals. They decided not to put that in the project and resell it for the cash.
It was the BEST working vacation I ever took! While I worked on sewing machines, DH made his way around the complex fixing toilets. sinks, putting up shelves, changing oil in cars. We drove back north after 9 days when it was supposed to be a 3 day trip feeling it was time well spent.
This is not solicitation, just thought you all would enjoy hearing about what these ladies are doing for their community. Now they have 10 machines ready to go, a room to put them in and everything is up and running for their launch date of Sept. 2013.
What a nice way to spend a vacation! Thank you for sharing your work. I am sure the ladies appreciated the hard work you and your husband put in. I hope their launch will be successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valpss View Post
Could all you sewing pros help me out please?
I made some clothes for my 2 kids for our trip and now that we are back I was wondering what's the best way to wash them?
Would it depend on what it is?
Two are dresses made of cotton fabric, one store bought dress with a sewn on minnie patch (made on felt), some easy pull on shorts, a store bought tshirt with a sewn on mickey patch (made on felt), and then finally a store bought tshirt with an iron-on from special printer paper.

Can I do them in the washing machine maybe on gentle or do I have to hand wash everything? Is there a detergent that you would recommend? Is it better to hang them up to dry or lie them flat?

What if there are stains on them? I haven't looked at them closely yet since we just got back but just wondering. The kids wore each outfit a whole day in the park (along with getting rained on) so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something on them.

Also, one of the dresses has a tulle underskirt - anything special I should do for it?

And if I need to hand wash them could you please suggest the best way to do it? I've only hand washed a few things in my lifetime so I'm not sure if there's a right way or a wrong way.

Thanks so much!
Welcome! I would suggest washing them inside out in the washing machine. Modern detergent does a pretty good job at stain removal (even my scent free, dye free detergent), but if it is bad, I will pre-treat with Shout. For the dress with the tulle underskirt, I would probably wash it in a mesh bag in the machine. I hate hand washing anything (both clothes and dishes!), but if you do, use a mild detergent (I use liquid hand soap) and rinse it out well. You can wrap the garment in a towel, roll it up, and press it gently so the towel will absorb the water. I then lay it flat to dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babynala View Post
Here are a few things I made for our Universal trip:

These were for our Universal day - Sponge Bob and Patrick theme. The yellow shirt is for Curtis and I wore the pink one.
Casey wore the pink tank and her dad wore the yellow shirt

The kids wore these our first day at Islands of Adventure when we went to Harry Potter "land". When I was packing I could not find my son's shirt anywhere. Everyone looked but we could not find it. I ended up making another one the night before we left. Of course, I found it yesterday on the front porch where I took it to take some pictures.

I made these for my daughter as "extras". My son wore his Scooby Doo shirt and Casey wore her Mystery Machine shirt after they got soaked in Curious George's playland. We never found Scooby and Shaggy this day I think because we were in TS Andrea and they were not out.

These are my first "felt" designs and I am planning on taking off the appliques and reusing the shirts since we don't have much of a use for them after our trip.

I made a few Dr. Suess themed items but I have to get some pictures of them.

Curtis wore this shirt to his end of year movie day since he was planning to watch Monsters Inc. I had just purchased this design so I quickly made this shirt for him. One item done for our Oct trip.

I made these outfits for my nieces and nephews. There are two sets of cousins one boy and one girl, live near each other so I wanted to send something for everyone. I just appliqued some beach dresses from Walmart and both of the girls really love them.

These shirts were for the boys. My sister loved the shrimp boat since she calls her son Bubba. She calls it his Bubba Gump shirt but I just thought the design was cute.

I also made this for my daughter but I don't think she is a fan. She doesn't like that you can't tell what the letters are on the pocket. Of course there is no explaining the monogram concept to her.
Looks like you have been busy! I like everything that you made, even though your daughter didn't understand the monogram concept! Hooray for having one item done for your October trip! (Sorry I had to cute Spongebob and his friends out due to the picture limit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goteamwood View Post
My embroidery machine woes continue to depress me, but I took my kids to the splash park this morning for a few hours and they went down for a LONG nap afterward (I could have easily slept too!) so I finished my Dana Scientific Seamstress sew-along top today. It's pretty much outside my comfort zone fabric/color/style wise, but I am pretty happy with it. I am a t-shirts and not much else sort of person. Sadly I had a LOT of trouble with this, not any of which was the pattern, it was actually quite easy. I did the ruffle over like 6 times, first two times I sewed it to the wrong side... Then I tried to do the ruffle on the serger has I have done with most ruffling recently and it didn't work (though a sample fabric would work so I think it was the tiny ruffle or something.) so I had to cut off the ruffle so many times. The rest was OK, but ran out of bobbin thread about 1.5 inches from the end, the last 25 stitches of the whole thing. But I got through it. And it is done.

The Dana top looks nice. I haven't purchased that pattern yet because I am afraid it will make me look pregnant (espeically after someone at work asked me that question last week!) Having seen yours, I may give it a try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
According to the rules on page one I see it is mandatory to share all sewing whether or not Disney related.

2.You MUST share pictures of everything (and unfortunately, we do mean EVERYTHING)!

I offer this post in order to comply with all regulations:

Has any one made the uklass dollhouse? I gave it a go yesterday. I went back and forth between making it as directed and modifying it. I went as far as I needed to go to get the general idea of how to make one and quickly discovered it would be too small for my broccoli family, so am done for now.

Just wondering if anyone else has made one. I can see how they’d be fun to make and personalize if you had someone (other than broccoli) to make one for.

The house . . .

Too small for Mr. Broccoli, let alone the rest of the bunch . . .

Open house . . .

You get the idea . . .

I’ll eventually make another one.

When I do the preview the pictures are HUGE, but I think I've found out in the past that they shrink. If not, sorry!!!
I like your house Cheryl. Mr. Broccoli looks cute. I think your house may have just given me an inspiration for my lunch bag (yes, I am still using the broken one since I haven't found something that I like yet). If I ever get mine done, Mr. Broccoli and his family can come for a visit (before I put real food in there!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cuteDISkids View Post
Hello everyone! I am new-ish to the Dis and new to here. I lurked the Dis for months before joining (you don't have much to contribute when you are there to learn!). Once I felt schooled I joined in. I have been lurking your thread for awhile (which sounds so stalker-ish) and I am amazed and inspired by all the wonderful creations you ladies have made. While I don't know most of you I hope you'll let me hang around and learn the craft. My mil taught me to sew a few years ago and got me a sewing machine. While I'm not great, I have made a few things with her help, which I will post eventually. I'm gearing up for my 2014 wdw trip and I am starting to plan for my kids outfits, 2 dd 4&7 and 1 ds who's 1. It's our first family trip and I tend to go over the top. Eeek!

The reason to finally post is that I was excited today and you were the only ones who I thought would care. I've decided to make pillowcase dresses for our dis trip, but I thought I'd do a trial run with some July 4th ones. While shopping at Jo Ann's, I came across a clearance rack.....and I scored a gorgeous Tiana fabric for $2.50 yard! It made my day! I think I'm going to use some of it make a mixed piece tutu (well 2 of them of course, my oldest loves to match her sister). Since none of my friends really sew and dh could care less, I was busting at the seams to tell someone!! Thanks for letting me share and I look forward to getting to 'know' all of you
Welcome! I look forward to seeing pictures of your projects. Great find on the Tiana fabric! I am sure whatever you make will look great! Just think how cute your girls will look with their matching tutu's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Finally I get to show you some of my sewing.

First up are the quilts I made Izzy's kindergarten teachers.

And a round neck dress for Izzy.

Must do her 4th of July outfit soon.
Those are very nice quilts! I am sure the teachers really appreciate them! The dress looks great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by love to stitch View Post
Photobucket and I seem to be getting along now so here are the projects I've worked on this week.

The first is a Hello Kitty sundress, hat and there are pink shorts under the dress.

My grandson's favorite toys are balls so the fabric for this shirt was perfect.

A friend asked me to make a bear for her from a suit that belonged to her father-in-law who died last year.
The dress set and the ball set look super cute! What a nice idea to make your friend a bear from clothing once worn by someone she loves. I am sure she appreciates the effort you put into the project to make such an important keepsake!

Quote:
My turn for machine woes. My embroidery machine was not tracking properly yesterday and I needed to get Izzy's 4th outfit done. I took the machine in today and of course it worked for the service man. Anyway we scolded me for using spray glue and canned air. I didn't know those were no-no's. He's going to service it and check the tracking with the computer. Sigh. Didn't need more money out of my pocket this month.
Oh no! I hope your machine can be fixed quickly and at minimal cost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkNH View Post
I am SO not going to be able to keep up. Way too busy with this guy:

This is Loki. He was rescued from a shelter in TX along with his 9 brothers and sisters and mom when they were 1 day old, same day they were scheduled to be put down. A wonderful rescue found a brave foster family who raised 10 puppies until they were old enough to travel up north and be adopted (mom now lives happily with the foster family) and I was lucky enough to get this guy for myself. Hes a lab mix..no idea what the mix is of, but he is super smart, and super sweet and I am head over heels for him!

On the sewing front...my mother surprised me with a Brother Pe770..so I have been making tee shirts left and right And I made this dress:

Off to take Loki out to pee and collapse into bed...hopefully will find time to read up on what everyone has been doing!
Loki looks so cute. It is so nice to hear that he will have a loving home. By the way, DH walked by when I was admiring Loki and he said, "nice floor" Mind you, he installed our hardwood floor so he tends to notice those things! Congrats on getting an embroidery machine. The snail applique looks cute.

Quote:
Our little family is SO excited for Monsters University, I can't stand it. We are going on Sunday since that is hubby's day off, and I seriously wish I could fast-forward through the week to get there. (Especially since my darling children have decided to reject napping and the days are SOOOOOOOO long without that break.)

Here are the outfits I have been working on this week for my boys for the movie:

They are both the same (to prevent fights.) so the one on the left is the front, the right is the back. I do have enough of the Monsters fabric to make them bowling shirts later on if I find time.

AND...

(One of my sons took this for me, not too bad.)

I made myself another Dana top. I saw this fabric a few weeks ago and it screamed Monsters Inc to me, so I decided I needed a Monsters Inc shirt too. My friend whom I made the bowling shirt for our Disney trip is coming with us to the movie, so I am sure we will be quite the sight!

Thinking my husband NEEDS a Monster shirt, maybe I will do the Mike W face on a Lime Green shirt this week sometime so he doesn't feel left out!
Looks like your family is all ready for the movie! The second Dana top looks good too!

Quote:
Another round neck for Izzy (she's wearing it over the bathing suit which is why it looks funny)

Matching doll dress.

And the first piece for Disney! Blouse for D!
Looks like you have been busy! Everything looks great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieckers View Post
Quick question... How many of you make these things for a living? I would love to quit my full time job and work from home but I'm not sure if that is just a dream or something I can make a reality.
Disclaimer: I don't sell my creations.

I found most people do not appreciate the time and material cost for custom clothing. Some people think they can buy a custom dress with appliques for $20 which is not even enough to cover the material cost, let alone my time. If I do anything for my friends, I simply tell them the number of hours and the cost of materials I put into it, and ask them to give me a fair price.

I know a number of people here have their own etsy shops so maybe they do better than my past experience.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 AM   #692
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieckers View Post
Quick question... How many of you make these things for a living? I would love to quit my full time job and work from home but I'm not sure if that is just a dream or something I can make a reality.
I do have a small business working from
Home but it is nowhere near "making a living." I do it to supplement my husbands income but truly it is a lot of work. I have twin 3-year-olds which is my full time job so I work on my projects while the nap, after bedtime and when my husband is off. I try not to cut into family time too much but when I get slammed with orders or get behind in my queue I end up spending an entire day locked away from my family. I enjoy it and it gives me a little extra money which I end up spending on projects I make for my boys anyway. I'm sure there are people who do make a decent living but I'm sure if I ever calculated my wage per hour it would be depressing. Not to
Discourage you, but it's a lot more work than I expected and not easy money. Besides the production time I spend hours promoting and building my business, creating new products, working on my website and social media presence, trying to streamline supplies and vendors, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Sorry I am a few pages behind. We had a super crazy busy week last week so I am just catching up now.

The Dana top looks nice. I haven't purchased that pattern yet because I am afraid it will make me look pregnant (espeically after someone at work asked me that question last week!) Having seen yours, I may give it a try!

I found most people do not appreciate the time and material cost for custom clothing. Some people think they can buy a custom dress with appliques for $20 which is not even enough to cover the material cost, let alone my time. If I do anything for my friends, I simply tell them the number of hours and the cost of materials I put into it, and ask them to give me a fair price.

I know a number of people here have their own etsy shops so maybe they do better than my past experience.
I think that people definitely under-value the time that goes into handmade things. I've had many inquiries and the people balked at what I thought was a low quote.

Sorry someone asked if you're pregnant. People should learn that question is never ok. Unfortunately due to extra pounds and some very stretched out "twin skin" in the belly I always fear I look pregnant. (Except when I actually WAS pregnant I was the size of a small car!) I like yhe Dana top because its sort of flowy around the middle where shirts are usually tight. But Carrie said hers looked maternity-Ike so maybe it's a better fit for us bigger folk.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

goteamwood is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #693
Mom2kmta
Earning My Ears

Here's the shirts I made for our January trip to Disney.
Our 1st day, Chef Mickey's. I made iron on appliques but I got too busy and didn't stitch them down...Big mistake! Unfortunately I did it with most of the shirts. They looked good while we where at Disney but they fell apart as soon as I washed them. Lesson learned!
[IMG][/IMG]

Freezer paper stenciled Mickey hands for Epcot.
[IMG][/IMG]

Mickey Tie-Dye for our 1st day at Magic Kingdom. I made these in the winter and I couldn't find a short sleeved shirt for my daughter. So, I bought a boys shirt and cut it up and tied it off 80's style. That's why it's not laying right. Apparently my fringe skills have faded over the last 25 years.
[IMG][/IMG]

Animal Kingdom iron ons. Some are hand stitched some have no stitch at all.
[IMG][/IMG]

Hollywood Studios- At this point I just wanted them done. Nothing is stitched and everything fell apart when we got home. I'm so mad at myself because I loved these.
[IMG][/IMG]

Magic Kingdom round 2. The shirts are kind of hidden but you get the idea.
[IMG][/IMG]

The trip home Peace, heart and Mickey freezer paper stencil. We couldn't get all the eyeliner off from the pirates league.
[IMG][/IMG]

And here's what our Christmas tree looked like on Christmas morning. We think out Elf on a shelf did it???
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #694
nowellsl
my car finds out everytime I have money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2kmta View Post
And here's what our Christmas tree looked like on Christmas morning. We think out Elf on a shelf did it???
[IMG][/IMG]
That is soooo cute - I'd love to try out something like that!
nowellsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #695
Mom2kmta
Earning My Ears

I swear I resized all of those pictures. I don't know what happened. I'm so sorry!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:53 PM   #696
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleEars View Post
Those are very nice quilts! I am sure the teachers really appreciate them! The dress looks great too.

Disclaimer: I don't sell my creations.

Thanks so much, they really did. All were speechless. And I think you are totally right about people not appreciating hand made work.

Quote:
They were all so cute! Your kids look so happy.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
darnheather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #697
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone

I am a bit of a lurker here. I love custom clothes and desperately wish I could be as talented as all of you! My sewing skills are very basic at best. I managed to sew up a circle skirt for my DD and myself this past May for our trip to WDW but that is about the extent of my sewing. I would like to get into it more and would like to start making some dresses for DD. Recently I have been dreaming of purchasing an embroidery machine. I purchased several embroidered shirts for our past trip and they weren't cheap! So, the main reason for my post is this... how difficult is it to learn to use an embroidery machine? Can someone with limited sewing skills learn to use one? What is a good basic machine to buy? I was looking at some on Amazon that weren't too expensive. Should I buy one from there or would I be better off going to a specialty sewing store? Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thank you!!
Me , DH , DS (6) , DD (3), (baby #3, arriving April '15)
mommy2jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:12 PM   #698
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Hello everyone

I am a bit of a lurker here. I love custom clothes and desperately wish I could be as talented as all of you! My sewing skills are very basic at best. I managed to sew up a circle skirt for my DD and myself this past May for our trip to WDW but that is about the extent of my sewing. I would like to get into it more and would like to start making some dresses for DD. Recently I have been dreaming of purchasing an embroidery machine. I purchased several embroidered shirts for our past trip and they weren't cheap! So, the main reason for my post is this... how difficult is it to learn to use an embroidery machine? Can someone with limited sewing skills learn to use one? What is a good basic machine to buy? I was looking at some on Amazon that weren't too expensive. Should I buy one from there or would I be better off going to a specialty sewing store? Any and all advice is welcomed.

Thank you!!
I think sewing and embroidery are pretty different. I am entirely self-taught with advice I have found here on this thread and some youtube videos. This is one of the first videos I watched before I bought my machine and I thought hey, I can do that! http://www.thediydish.com/2011/05/ho...-free-pattern/ I have watched tons of other videos on youtube and found other tutorials as I have needed them, but I think that video goes through the basics pretty well.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:51 PM   #699
PurpleEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry someone asked if you're pregnant. People should learn that question is never ok. Unfortunately due to extra pounds and some very stretched out "twin skin" in the belly I always fear I look pregnant. (Except when I actually WAS pregnant I was the size of a small car!) I like yhe Dana top because its sort of flowy around the middle where shirts are usually tight. But Carrie said hers looked maternity-Ike so maybe it's a better fit for us bigger folk.

Thanks Jen, it was one of those situations when you don't know if you should laugh or cry! I know she meant well though.

Quote:
Our 1st day, Chef Mickey's. I made iron on appliques but I got too busy and didn't stitch them down...Big mistake! Unfortunately I did it with most of the shirts. They looked good while we where at Disney but they fell apart as soon as I washed them. Lesson learned!

Freezer paper stenciled Mickey hands for Epcot.

Mickey Tie-Dye for our 1st day at Magic Kingdom. I made these in the winter and I couldn't find a short sleeved shirt for my daughter. So, I bought a boys shirt and cut it up and tied it off 80's style. That's why it's not laying right. Apparently my fringe skills have faded over the last 25 years.

Animal Kingdom iron ons. Some are hand stitched some have no stitch at all.

Hollywood Studios- At this point I just wanted them done. Nothing is stitched and everything fell apart when we got home. I'm so mad at myself because I loved these.

Magic Kingdom round 2. The shirts are kind of hidden but you get the idea.

The trip home Peace, heart and Mickey freezer paper stencil. We couldn't get all the eyeliner off from the pirates league.

Thank you for sharing your pictures! It looks like your family had a great time. It's too bad about the appliques. Were you able to savage any of it?

The Christmas tree is super cute.

Quote:
Hello everyone

Thank you!!
Welcome! Some of us here barely knew how to sew when they joined the group and they are all making amazing outfits in no time! In terms of embroidery machine, I think most people here will recommend the Brother PE770. It has 5"x7" maximum emboridery field, which is good for most children's clothing (perhaps adults too). From time to time you can get a good price on it from Amazon. The embroidery machine is very easy to use, and the group here is very nice and will answer any questions you have.

Our Disney trips:
May 2006 - All Star Music
Jan 2007 - Pop Century
Jan 2008 - Pop Century // Sept 2008 - Pop Century (Free Dining!)
May 2009 - Coronado Springs // Oct 2009 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining again!)
Feb 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter // Aug 2010 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining, round 3!)
Apr 2011 - Disneyland - Hilton Anaheim // Aug 2011 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #4)
Feb 2012 - Disneyland - Ramada Plaza // Aug 2012 - Coronado Springs (Free Dining #5)
Dec 2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter (Free Dining #6)
PurpleEars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #700
cogero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone

Thank you!!
I am a totally self taught and do both sewing and embroidery. The ladies on this thread are great.

Etsy ID: ChiarasCouture2014 here we come... WDW, a cruise, F&G and more!!! Why don't we make this trip report about 2012 & 2013.
Christmas & My Happy Place Equals Perfection. - A Dec 2011 PTR
cogero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #701
scrap_heaven
Planning our second family trip to the MOUSE!!!

Quote:
Our little family is SO excited for Monsters University, I can't stand it. We are going on Sunday since that is hubby's day off, and I seriously wish I could fast-forward through the week to get there. (Especially since my darling children have decided to reject napping and the days are SOOOOOOOO long without that break.)

Here are the outfits I have been working on this week for my boys for the movie:

They are both the same (to prevent fights.) so the one on the left is the front, the right is the back. I do have enough of the Monsters fabric to make them bowling shirts later on if I find time.
I sorta love this guy "taped" to the back of the shirt:

AND...

(One of my sons took this for me, not too bad.)

I made myself another Dana top. I saw this fabric a few weeks ago and it screamed Monsters Inc to me, so I decided I needed a Monsters Inc shirt too. My friend whom I made the bowling shirt for our Disney trip is coming with us to the movie, so I am sure we will be quite the sight!

(to refresh, this is the shirt I made her)

Thinking my husband NEEDS a Monster shirt, maybe I will do the Mike W face on a Lime Green shirt this week sometime so he doesn't feel left out!
Love it all!!! Seriously! I had already ordered the monster university fabric and it is on it's way when I came and saw what you have done. It is great.

I neeeeeeeeed to know what is that polkadot fabric you made your shirt out of, I am searching like crazy and can't find it.

Thank you
sarah
Old 06-20-2013, 10:42 AM   #702
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap_heaven View Post

Love it all!!! Seriously! I had already ordered the monster university fabric and it is on it's way when I came and saw what you have done. It is great.

I neeeeeeeeed to know what is that polkadot fabric you made your shirt out of, I am searching like crazy and can't find it.

Thank you
sarah
Thanks! We are definitely a monster loving family.
The purple/lime/teal polka-dot is from Hobby lobby. They also have one in the same colors with line-art flowers which is cute.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #703
sewmess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! We are definitely a monster loving family.
The purple/lime/teal polka-dot is from Hobby lobby. They also have one in the same colors with line-art flowers which is cute.

Well, with two little boys how could you not be monster loving?

Love your shirts and I smile every time you post a picture of yourself because you remind me of one of my sisters college pictures.
'90:School 3 days at 3 parks + 3day Diz cruise (pre DCL) 2004: POP, 6 months after wedding to DH 2006: ASMovies DSis 50th b'day 2008: POR Herding Cats (Apr) 2008: ASMovies Redo/Freezing Bits Off (Nov) 2009 & 2010: CBR just DH & me 2011: CBR Herding Different Cats 2012: CBR Alone Again, Happily 2013: Time Out from the YotS 2014: Sick Trip
sewmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #704
aboveH20
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone. Just a quickie . . .

We're in Maryland for the funeral of my husband's former sister-in-law. I knew her, but not well.

I'm posting because even though I haven't been very faithful in my reading, scanning or posting, it occurred to me that I don't think Diane has been around lately. (I think she's in Maryland which is what made me think of her.)

Diane, if you're scanning, just hope all is okay. I know you had a couple family health things going on. Thinking of you.

Disneyland Disney World Disneyland Paris Disney Cruise Aulani Next?
aboveH20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #705
goteamwood
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveH20 View Post
Hello everyone. Just a quickie . . .

We're in Maryland for the funeral of my husband's former sister-in-law. I knew her, but not well.

I'm posting because even though I haven't been very faithful in my reading, scanning or posting, it occurred to me that I don't think Diane has been around lately. (I think she's in Maryland which is what made me think of her.)

Diane, if you're scanning, just hope all is okay. I know you had a couple family health things going on. Thinking of you.
I'm pretty sure they're at Disney world this week. I saw a bunch of dresses she posted on Facebook she made for kids who lost their homes in Oklahoma tornadoes and some shirts she made her family for Disney.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: