Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
NicholeB630
Mouseketeer

What do you wear to Disney?

We are going in December and I am dreading packing as I am afraid we'll have to pack for all types of weather resulting in a crap ton of clothes, but we are in Bay Lake Tower 1 bedroom Villa and I THINK there is a washer. Anyways when we do amusement parks I usually dress like I am going to the gym. I like to be comfortable and layer. Sometimes I'll wear jeans depending on what were doing. But I always wear tennis shoes, as I have horrible feet that hurt just walking around the house. So what all do you wear? Any essentials you always take to wear? In December should I need more cold clothes or warmer clothes. I always crack up when I see people where high heels in amusement parks I mean who in their right mind wears heels to walk around a park all day?
NicholeB630 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 03:41 PM   #2
JoeyEmmaMomma
Mouseketeer

For December trips, you'll want to check the weather the week before you go. It could be 90 or 40.

Me DH and our kiddies J (8) E(4) and W(10 months)

JoeyEmmaMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-08-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
jtowntoflorida
Looking Like I Can't Really Afford To Go To Disney Since 2012!

We have stayed in a 1 bedroom villa at BLT. There is a washer and dryer in the unit.

We haven't been to Disney in December, but we have visited Florida in December several times. We are going to Disney this December, we're also staying in a one bedroom, and I plan to take about 5 short sleeved shirts, a hoodie or two, and probably two pairs of jeans, a couple of skirts (one short, one maxi), and a couple of pairs of shorts. I'll wear a hoodie and jeans on the plane, so it will be less to pack. The hoodies will allow us to layer as needed, and since we're coming from a cold climate, we'll have winter jackets with us anyway in case it gets really "cold" (by Florida standards). If the weather is looking especially warm, I'll cut out one of the pairs of jeans, but other than that, I think that's more than enough to take along, considering I'll be doing laundry while there.
jtowntoflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmmaMomma View Post
For December trips, you'll want to check the weather the week before you go. It could be 90 or 40.
This!

The key to packing for a December trip is Layers.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #5
NicholeB630
Mouseketeer

I am praying we have decent weather!! When we went two years ago the end of Feb it sucked. We had one decent day but the others were so cold and soooo windy my poor 9 month old wasn't having fun. But the kids are bigger this time but really praying its not freezing. Its looking like the whole east coast is going to have a really cold winter again so hoping it doesn't effect FL to much. I am thinking I'll pack workout like pants, jeans, tees, tanks, laying type cardigans (not the sweater types) maybe a lighter coat. The sweatshirts are good ideas. Although hooded ones tend to bother me. I am kind of hoping its not warm enough for shorts but cool enough for pants or capris I NEED that perfect weather when we are there.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #6
SandyinMonterey
DIS Veteran

We've been there in December. The weather and temperature varied. Did have a down pour of rain one evening....ugh! During the day it was beautiful, sunny and not too hot. My Mom wore a light jacket but I didn't. At night it was definitely cooler. I even remember seeing people in winter coats but I felt I didn't need that much. I just wore a jacket or a heavy sweatshirt.
SandyinMonterey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 12:19 PM   #7
Viva Las Disney
DIS Veteran

I went last December and the weather was beautiful but varied a lot, it was chilly enough in the morning and evening for at least a sweater but was in the 80's during the day where a sweater would be unbearable. I packed a little of everything, from t-shirts and shorts to gloves and hats and I was glad I had it all. I used a small single sling backpack in the park and it was perfect for stashing away my sweater during the day, I kept some long underwear, a thermal T, and my gloves in it as well but only needed them one night, I was glad I had them though. I probably could have worn shorts during the day but just went with jeans all day so I didn't have to change.

Layering really is the best way unless you plan on going to your hotel a few times a day to change.

Viva Las Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:37 PM   #8
MandiC
DIS Veteran

Well, I fully embrace my feminine side my favorite thing to wear when we were in Disney was sundresses. I wear dresses most of the time anyways so probably another reason I felt most comfortable in them. Sundresses and flip flops, I brought sweaters for when the weather was cooler. 2 days I did wear character tees with shorts/jeans though.

10 8 4 3

Feb. 2014 (POR), first trip and hooked!

Already planning our next trip, Fall 2015! (ticker is an estimate )
MandiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
imthemamahere
Mouseketeer

We've been to Disney in early December twice in the last 3 years.

2011 was COLD - the sun made the days relatively comfortable in jeans and a long-sleeved top (or t-shirt layered under a sweater), but we were bundled up in fleeces and jeans and scarves and gloves every evening. And still shivering sometimes. I regretted leaving my winter coat at home! My son (who was 2 1/2 at the time) wore a fleece during the day, and his winter coat with the hood up over his head at night. We did the Very Merry Christmas Party and had to buy my son a warm blanket to tuck around him in the stroller, because he was simply too cold, even in his coat!

2012 was much warmer - daytime, we were comfy in jeans/capris and a t-shirt and even got pretty sweaty in the sun a few days. We were able to go swimming at our resort, though it was a bit cold once we stepped out of the water! Evening temps were cool, but not truly cold. It was far more pleasant that way!

We also did a one-day stop one Christmas, several years ago. That year, it was colder in Orlando than it was back home in New York. I remember walking around EPCOT with a totally numb nose. Crazy.

I'd recommend looking carefully at the weather forecast for Orlando before you pack - both the high temps and lows. Bring along at least one warm fleece or jacket + scarf/gloves, just in case, especially if you plan on being out and about in the evenings. In general, layers will be your friends! I think you're on target with jeans/yoga pants and tee's + cardis during the day.

Meanwhile, I'm hoping for a relatively cool Halloween at Disney World. I'm hoping that we're not dragging around the parks in 85+ degree weather and full humidity at the end of October. I wouldn't mind a little "perfect" weather on our trip, too!
imthemamahere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:07 PM   #10
MSSANDRA
DIS Veteran

I'm a comfort girl all the way and we almost always go winter. I always take mostly black yoga type pants. Super comfort and easy to match with solid color Disney and character tees for the parks. I will pack a few nicer outfits for signature outfit for those places if they are in our plans that trip. I mostly wear my tennis shoes and socks, though I always take my crocs for rain. My guys almost always wear black athletic style pants and Disney shirts as well as a few signature outfits. We take Disney sweat shirts and hoodies to layer and a few pairs of the cheap magic gloves and a hat for the kid. The guys add a couple pairs of shorts but I'm not a shorts girls and rarely take a pair. Sometimes we need more warm clothes than others. A couple trips ago we really needed more and ended up wearing like three hoodies at one time!!!
MSSANDRA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #11
gemini2727
Mouseketeer

I second the sundress idea...we go in August though, when it feels like it's over 100 degrees! I like to wear a dress or skirt with bike shorts underneath...so much cooler than the jean shorts I would normally wear if it weren't so hot.

(April 1976-Off Site) (April 1993-CB) (July 1998-ASMusic) (April 2006-ASMovies)
(March 2009-POR) (March 2010-POR) (Sept 2011-POR) (Aug 2012-POR) (Aug 2013-BC)

gemini2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:16 AM   #12
mousekatool
Mouseketeer

When we went in January, we had some days that were warm enough for shorts and tees, other days that were more hoodie, tee and jeans temperatures. I would just pack a few of each, since you have a washer/dryer, then do laundry if needed. I dress for comfort, so mainly casual clothes and sneakers.
mousekatool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #13
NicholeB630
Mouseketeer

I def plan on checking the weather before we go I'll prob start following Orlando's weather on my phone starting mid November. Oh I hope its not freezing or 90!!! I know thats a lot to ask for lol. I will def be packing lots of workout pants and maybe crop ones if its warmer and just casual tanks and tees and then layering pieces. We'll all have our winter coats since were leaving from VA and it will be cold here. I hate traveling with them but we may as well take them. Maybe I'll leave some room in a suite case so we can stuff them in there once we get to the airport. We always have the issue of our luggage weighing too much I am afraid I'll be checking 4 suit cases, especially if we need to bring clothes for all types of weather. But I'll prob only bring two pairs of shoes and the kids I can probably get away with just one pair maybe?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:53 AM   #14
wdwgoofydaddy
Mouseketeer

We will be there in Dec too and have visited in Dec in the past. We packed layers and used a locker to store stuff. Staying at BLT will help because it is only a short walk from MK however make note depending on when you go in Dec, it is the busies time of year for Disney, especially closer to xmas and the parks make close due to capacity. Would hate for you to leave to get additional cloths and not be able to get back in.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Memor...46591875460145
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/memoriesodisney/

April 2005 - WDW / June 2007- WDW / January 2008 - Cruise (Magic) / December 2009 - WDW / March 2010 - WDW / August 2010 - WDW / February 2011 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / April 2011 - WDW / August 2011 - WDW / February 2012 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / August 2012 - WDW / December 2012 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / July 2013 - WDW / January 2014 - WDW & Cruise (Dream) / March 2014 - WDW & Cruise (Magic) / May 2014 - WDW 24hr Event / Aug 2014 x2 - WDW/ Dec 2014 - WDW / Mar 2015 - WDW / May 2015 - DLR

wdwgoofydaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #15
NicholeB630
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgoofydaddy View Post
We will be there in Dec too and have visited in Dec in the past. We packed layers and used a locker to store stuff. Staying at BLT will help because it is only a short walk from MK however make note depending on when you go in Dec, it is the busies time of year for Disney, especially closer to xmas and the parks make close due to capacity. Would hate for you to leave to get additional cloths and not be able to get back in.
We are going Dec 6-14 so before all the crowds. The crowd calendars are saying 4/5 that week. You could not give me a free trip to Disney to go that week of Christmas, even the week before or after. NO WAY. We dont do crowds well lol. But its true it will be easy to go back to room if need be. We will be taking mid day breaks too. Plus have a stroller so we can store some things in that.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: