Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #1
kiki7o5
Mouseketeer

Any shoes I haven't tried?

I have tried Nike walking shoes, Fitflops, and Crocs on the reccommenation of my friend. None of them have been particularly comfy. I know that Disney is going to be hard on your feet regardless, but I was wondering if there is a shoe I haven't tried that might provide a little more comfort. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Mommy to Four Little Disney Fanatics!
Polynesian Since 2000!!
kiki7o5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #2
automaticsoap
Mouseketeer

I found Saucony Jazz sneakers to be really comfortable -- although I think the most important thing is to alternate shoes so you don't wear the same pair everyday.

automaticsoap is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 11:32 AM   #3
kiki7o5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaticsoap View Post
I found Saucony Jazz sneakers to be really comfortable -- although I think the most important thing is to alternate shoes so you don't wear the same pair everyday.
Good suggestion, I think I will bring 2 pairs of shoes this year and see how it works out. Thanks!

Polynesian Since 2000!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Have you tried gel inserts in any brand of shoes? You may need to wear a larger size shoe to accommodate the inserts.

A nurse told me that feet are not really a matching pair, so one shoe might be comfortable on one foot, but the matching shoe might not work for your other foot. She also said that podiatrists recommend orthotics for all adults by age 40.
jdb in AZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
ImDMous
DIS Veteran

I am way more comfortable in sandals than sneakers for that much walking. My feet swell a bit and the sneakers just get too tight.

I like Merrel, Teva and Keen for comfortable walking sandals.

DLR - passholders, as often as possible
WDW - 3 nights Swan May 2008; 7 nights POFQ Aug 2011
DCL - Wonder 4 night Bahamas May 2008, Fantasy 7 night Caribbean May 2012
Wonder Pixar 7 night California Coast Sept 2012, Wonder WBPC 15 night May 2014
ImDMous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #6
kiki7o5
Mouseketeer

I haven't tried inserts. My mom made the same suggestion, will probably get a pair of inserts for my walking shoes and bring a sandal also. I have been hearing a lot about Teva as well. Thanks for the suggestions! They're helpful!

Polynesian Since 2000!!
Old 04-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #7
Zerosinthecloset
DIS Veteran

I do realize that most females believe their feet quit growing in the eighth grade, but when was the last time you had your feet measured? I wore a size 12 for years...that's what my feet were measured at. Seems like they started making the 12s a little smaller so even though my feet still measure 12, I started wearing 13s. Just something to think about.
Zerosinthecloset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
ibrokeitmommy
Mouseketeer

Tevas for me. I have the sturdier sandals and mush flips and love both. The first time I tried them my sandal world changed.

I just got a pair of sanuks today and they are quite comfy. I am going to try them out at disney next week a bit.
ibrokeitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
MarineVet
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki7o5
I have tried Nike walking shoes, Fitflops, and Crocs on the reccommenation of my friend. None of them have been particularly comfy. I know that Disney is going to be hard on your feet regardless, but I was wondering if there is a shoe I haven't tried that might provide a little more comfort. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
I have bad feet - planters that comes and goes and now an anterior impingement I am in physical therapy for. I swear by Ecco sandals - they have velcro adjustments in three places and are the best thing I have found for comfort and letting my feet breath.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #10
lanesmom6
Earning My Ears

I have terrible feet as well. I just got some sandals by Sketchers called Reggae Rastas and I love them. They are going to be my Disney shoes for sure. Many people say to switch shoes mid day and I may try that as well.
lanesmom6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:49 PM   #11
Gretch22
Earning My Ears

I absolutely love Sanuk yoga map sandals. I own 2 pairs and just bought my 6 year old daughter a pair. I wore them last year at Disney with no problem. My feet never hurt at all! You can buy them through zappos
Gretch22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #12
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I detest tennis shoes down there. They are just too hot and the only time I've ever gotten blisters down there is when I was wearing a pair of well broken in tennis shoes, that I wore all the time here at home for work. Living in the south, I pretty much live in flip flops year around, but due to plantar fasciitis a few years ago, have to be very careful which ones I wear. I need alot of arch support. My absolute favorite shoe for WDW is the OluKai Ohana flip flops. Even when my plantar fasciitis is flaring up, they are the one shoe that I can wear. I haven't had a flare up with my PF in well over a year and swear the OluKai Ohana's cured it.

I also like the following flip flops and can wear them down there: Sketcher Tone Ups, Cobian Leather Bounce, Flojos Exena, Montrail Molokini, Fit Flops, Yellow Box Jello C, Base Camp Wedge, and Volatile Keralees (not fond of the any of the other Volatile's though as they run small). Nothing compares to my beloved OluKai Ohanas though.

Before developing plantar fasciitis, I used to swear by Teva Mush or Ulani, Reefs Ginger or Slaps, Yoga Mats, Chacos, Crocs, other Yellow Box, or Grazies.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:01 AM   #13
MinnieLee
DIS Veteran

I love the Sketchers Go Walk. So comfortable and light weight. Just got a pair of the Go Run (even though I am NOT a runner) and they have a memory foam and are also really comfortale.

MinnieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #14
alc571
DIS Veteran

I've tried everything. The best I found are Ryka Desires. They're a barefoot type running shoe. Ryka is a brand that specializes in shoes for women. These shoes are super light, made for wearing without socks, and super cushy. My feet were always happy. I need a little more support as sometimes my knees would hurt a little, but I still couldn't find anything better than these shoes. On the recommendation of my chiropractor, I'll be breaking in a pair of Birkenstocks for our next trip.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #15
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

I usually wear flip flops, because it is too hot. Just leather or rubber from Abercrombie and Fitch or Jcrew. Toms are also amazing if you want your foot covered, or even Sperry's (once broken in).
Good luck!
DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: