Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Port Canaveral Car Rental

I have read that only 6 rental companies can drop off and pick up at Port Canaveral, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, and Hertz..........I normally rent with Alamo. Just trying to verify if this is true.................do you have to get a taxi or other transportation if you rent with Alamo?
Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #2
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

It looks like Alamo is partnered with Enterprise at their Cape Canaveral office. I found this on the Alamo site (https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rent...l-alamo.html):

How to Find Us
Follow these steps when you arrive at Cape Canaveral_alamo Print

To pick up your rental car, please proceed to the "Customer Waiting Area". As you disembark you will see signs posted to direct you. Any of the Port Canaveral porters will also gladly point you in the right direction. You will be picked up by an Enterprise Rent-A-Car shuttle bus. Our shuttles are white with a green and black logo. There will also be an Alamo/National and Virgin Holidays logo on the outside of the bus. The Enterprise shuttle bus runs every 15 minutes while your cruise ship is in port. Our office is located 10 minutes from the port. You can reach us directly at (321) 866-0324.

Your rental will be serviced through Enterprise our Drive Alliance partner. Proceed to the Enterprise counter to obtain your Alamo rental agreement and vehicle keys.
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #3
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Yes, I knew Alamo teamed up with one of them at Port Canaveral or are part of one of them.....like Thrifty/Dollar...ones is the leisure rental, one is the business rental (but you can rent from either one).

MJ
Disney Dream - 5 times - Official Maiden Voyage January 26, 2011
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

mmouse37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #4
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Seems Alamo, Enterprise and National are all owned by the same parent company.

http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
tinkerbell60
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the responses. I am renting a car in Tampa two days before our cruise. I am reading not so positive reviews about Enterprise, so I would prefer to rent with Alamo (the price is the same). I just did not want to get stuck taking a taxi to the terminal on top of the car rental. Sounds like this will work either way.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmouse37 View Post
Seems Alamo, Enterprise and National are all owned by the same parent company.

http://www.enterpriseholdings.com/

MJ
We rented from them earlier this month (National) and it went great. The wait at the port for a van was minimal and they were well staffed at the rental car office.
MND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
mmouse37
Mickey for Me!
Likes surprises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post
Thanks for the responses. I am renting a car in Tampa two days before our cruise. I am reading not so positive reviews about Enterprise, so I would prefer to rent with Alamo (the price is the same). I just did not want to get stuck taking a taxi to the terminal on top of the car rental. Sounds like this will work either way.
If (and I think they are) at the same physical location then you may experience the same problems with Alamo as Enterprise (if they are run and manned by the same agents). But, I rent from all the rental companies in the port area and have had good experiences and bad experiences with all of them. I could not honestly say one is better than another.

I book basically for best price and at different times different agencies had the best price.

MJ
Disney Fantasy - 2 times

Old 04-30-2013, 10:48 AM   #8
declansdad
DIS Dad#639
Still waiting for his first one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell60 View Post

We dropped off and picked up at that location for our cruise at the beginning of March and had no problems at all. The shuttles were quick and when we picked up after the cruise we were out and on our way in about 5 minutes.
ASM - March 2004 --- POP - July 2005 --- POP and the Poly - August 2007 --- CBR - Aug 2008 --- POFQ August 2009--- POP Christmas 2010--- POFQ Aug 2011 --- Disney Dream and MK March 2013 --- EPCOT F&G March 2013 --- Pop July 2013 --- AK March 2014

me dw (pooksma) ds
DIS Dads Club Member #639

Our WDW photos on Photobucket, Our WDW photos on Flickr

declansdad is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: