Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
Quicklabs
DIS Veteran

Is this something new? The ultimate fast pass for only $3K/day!

Saw this today on the Disney website. I've never heard of it before. Hey, I'll be a VIP guide for 1/2 that amount! Podcast team, you guys could charge double for your PhD level of "shared insight"!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/ev...tour-services/

We Make Wishes Come True
With the help of your own VIP Tour Guide, enjoy maximum fun with minimal fuss—and the Disney...Read More

With the help of your own VIP Tour Guide, enjoy maximum fun with minimal fuss—and the Disney vacation of a lifetime.

The team at Disney’s VIP Tour Services will plan the most efficient, enjoyable way for your group of up to 10 people to see and do what’s on your list. Just tell us what you want, and we’ll create your ideal itinerary!

With special perks like door-to-door transportation, preferred event seating and expedited entry to select attractions, you’ll spend less time waiting and more time soaking up the magic of Walt Disney World Resort.

Premium VIP Tour
Your day begins when your Disney VIP Tour Guide meets you at your door in a private vehicle and whisks you effortlessly to the park of your choice. As part of your personalized service, you’ll enjoy:

•A flexible start time of your choosing
•Visits to multiple theme parks in a day, if desired
•The ability to experience some of your favorite attractions efficiently, even repeatedly
•VIP seating for parades, select stage shows and nighttime spectaculars
•Shared insight from your highly knowledgeable VIP Tour Guide throughout your tour
•A completely customized experience based on your preferences
VIP Tour Pricing
Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can enjoy the star treatment at a special rate.

Guest Type Hourly Rate per
Guide (regular)
Hourly Rate per
Guide (holiday)

Resort Hotel $315 $355
Non-Resort Hotel $340 $380

Transportation between local airports and Walt Disney World Resort hotels can be arranged at an additional cost.

For more information or to make a reservation, please call (407) 560-4033. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.

I've eaten at 66 out of 245 restaurants at Walt Disney World (27%)

Last edited by Quicklabs; 04-30-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Quicklabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #2
dgthree
DIS Veteran

I heard of someone touring this way last year. Never heard anything about their vacation, so I don't know if they enjoyed it or not.

Personally, I could find many more ways to spend that kind of money... if only I had it to spend!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
Cheshire Figment
Friend of Figment

This is not new and has been around for years.

You let your Guide know what attractions you want to see or go on. The Guide will determine the sequence and make reservations for shows.

All transportation will be to backstage areas closest to the attraction(s) you want. If a show you will have reserved seating which may be accessed up until show start time, even if the theater is capacity closed. If an attraction with FastPass the Guide will automatically take you through the FastPass line; if it does not have fastpass generally you will come onstage right in the boarding area.

And the price is per hour whether it is one person or ten people.

Now Working Part Time at Walt Disney World! (Guest Services/Ticket Sales)

A few very helpful links which are on DisBoards:
Everything About WDW Tickets and this one disABILITIES FAQs
Cheshire Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:20 PM   #4
SA mom
DIS Veteran

I had a friend who used the service last year with her three kids. Actually, it was her mother who insisted. My friend said it was great, but a little over the top since they went the first week of May and the lines weren't that long.
SA mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #5
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Yup, the Premium VIP Tour has been around since at least 2009, when I first saw a brochure for it.

If you can get up to 10 people to pitch in, it can be reasonable. The minimum is 6 hours though.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #6
BuzzBelleMom
DIS Veteran

Our last visit to WDW, I was waiting outside Tatooine Traders and I spoke to a guide who was watching a baby while the rest of the family was on ST. She was very nice and explained the program to me.

I hope I kept a straight face when I realized it was like $1900 for six hours
Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
TheShea's
Mouseketeer

We're looking into doing this in August. It's not $3k, it's $315/hr with a 6 hour minimum so it's a minimum of $1890. The cost is not pp but p/hr.
TheShea's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
tinkbutt
DIS Veteran

When my dad worked at WDW he was a VIP tour guide he had guests like.... Little Bow wow, an Indian prince, Davey jones, and Michael Eisner!!

he also had other guests that had money, he would drive them around so they didnt need Disney buses and while they were on one ride he would be running around getting their fast passes.

if you have been on the keys to the kingdom tour these guides where the same costume. If you haven't then they will be in the red plaid vest and the blue pants/skirt
Old 05-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #9
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShea's View Post
We're looking into doing this in August. It's not $3k, it's $315/hr with a 6 hour minimum so it's a minimum of $1890. The cost is not pp but p/hr.
It's $315 at its cheapest (on-site resort guest, non-holiday), but it can easily get to $3k if you want to make a "day" of it, beyond 9 hours.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #10
kgibbler20
Mouseketeer

VIP tour guide is my dream job!
6/05 - First Trip 12/06 - Merry Christmas 11/07 - Mom's suprise!! & SSW October 23 - November 4, 2008 - 3 days at sea, 10 days on land... Halloween Here We Come!!3/09 & 7/09 - Short visits with a friend... 10/09 - finally became a resident now at least monthly visits

kgibbler20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:30 AM   #11
lttlmc3
You can ship it. I'll still eat it
If I were a ghost, I would def. stay at WDW!

If I ever win the lottery, I would absolutely do this for at least a day. Otherwise, it's just a dream for me.
lttlmc3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: