Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #16
Pella Windows
Earning My Ears

Pella Windows and Doors

We’d like to learn more about your concerns, so we can look into them, so please call Pella at 855-735-5232 with your contact information, and details about your products.-Erin F., Pella Community Manager
Pella Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #17
Pella Windows
Earning My Ears

Pella Windows

We’d like to learn more about your concerns, so we can look into them, so please call Pella at 855-735-5232 with your contact information, and details about your products. Thank you! -Erin F., Pella Community Manager
Pella Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pella Windows View Post
Wed like to learn more about your concerns, so we can look into them, so please call Pella at 855-735-5232 with your contact information, and details about your products. Thank you! -Erin F., Pella Community Manager
I have talked till I am blue in the face with Pella. I even wrote a complaint to your main office online along with pictures of the water pouring in during a rain storm and was assured someone would look into it and get back with me only to be blown off with nobody even attempting to get ahold of us. That was after being completely blown off by our local office previously after they sent out men to try and fix it about 4 times without any improvement and the last guy telling us it was useless there was nothing they could do unless I paid $700-$800 to Pella to replace the small upstairs window that was the last thing they blamed it on despite us cualking around that entire window as suggested despite that window not needing to be replaced and giving us no problems. I will try again but I am sure it will be more of the same. Who wants to invest almost a thousand dollars on a 36x18 inch window by a company that screwed up the window below it and can't fix it. I do not need to be soaking up towels of water on both levels. I am sure a new guy would blame it on something else other than the window that was put in by Pella. I will call within the next week.

Last edited by angwill; 05-02-2013 at 02:35 AM.
angwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 AM   #19
Minnie_me
I don't wipe butts
Maybe I should mention that I don't wipe noses, either

Thank you so much for all of the great advice and recommendations!

I have found a Window World in my area, and will call them tomorrow.

I have also decided to replace only 4 windows at this time: the two in the living room, and my girls' bedroom windows.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #20
indimom
Are We There Yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onyx8 View Post
You don't have to replace ALL the windows at once - if there are just a few that need immediate replacement, do what you can afford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny3 View Post
Do one window at a time. Chances are more than likely that your 100 year old home needs custom windows, which are pricey. My home was built in 1935 and we replaced all of ours a few years ago. Every single one was a custom size, unfortunately, which really racked up the price. We got Simonton windows through our contractor, they have been fantastic! Worth every dime in just what we saved in heating and electric costs
I agree with these (and am glad to see you are going to look into it, op).
Enjoy your new windows!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Sears offers replacement windows and you could open a Sears card and charge them.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: