Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #76
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Thank You, you nailed it down!

Keep the scum out of WDW and for that matter away from people in general!

AKK
Yes! Thank you! The thing I find disgusting as well are the people who make excuses for them.. Befriend, date, marry them..I wish they could be banned too, to me they are just as bad..

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #77
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27 View Post
Yes! Thank you! The thing I find disgusting as well are the people who make excuses for them.. Befriend, date, marry them..I wish they could be banned too, to me they are just as bad..

I have found the posts that seem to make excuses for them odd as well.

Now maybe *away from people in general* was a bit over the top, but my point is these heinous crimes, assault, rape and pedophilia etc. effect these people for life, especially the kids. While granted some are very minor and things like peeing in a bush, maybe crude, but should not be on a predators list.

AKK
Tonka's Skipper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #78
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now you want ban completely innocent people just for knowing a sex offender? Nice.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #79
eadavis
Mickey is my Homeboy

Quote:
Now you want ban completely innocent people just for knowing a sex offender? Nice.
At least it will shorten lines...

If there is a method to keep those unwanted out...please lets implement it.

Once we do, pass it on to Congress so they can apply it to immigration reform...
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #80
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb View Post
No, not innocent. Those who befriend, marry, date, or defend them..Why would anyone want to know, or get to know a sex offender?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #81
faindrops27

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadavis View Post
At least it will shorten lines...

If there is a method to keep those unwanted out...please lets implement it.

Once we do, pass it on to Congress so they can apply it to immigration reform...
That is a whole other issue, but shorter lines are always great!

Old 05-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #82
staceycanada
Mouseketeer

Sounds good in theory in practise it may be something else.

I hope this doesn't give some parents false security however.

Nothing no practise or security measures will ever match the watchful eye of a parent.
staceycanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:37 PM   #83
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, not innocent. Those who befriend, marry, date, or defend them..Why would anyone want to know, or get to know a sex offender?
Are you are saying people are guilty by association?
Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #84
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceycanada View Post
sounds good in theory in practise it may be something else.

I hope this doesn't give some parents false security however.

nothing no practise or security measures will ever match the watchful eye of a parent.

this, totally correct!

Akk
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 PM   #85
faindrops27

Quote:
Are you are saying people are guilty by association?
No, you are saying that..I am standing by what I typed, was it evasive? I thought what I typed above is pretty direct, straight forward, and self explanatory.

I've taken so many communication courses, a message can easily be misunderstood when a person adds words to the original intended message like you did. Just reread what I am saying, it's clear.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #86
Minnies Boy Toy
Keeping an eye out for Mickey....

Quote:
Maybe for the purpose of rehabilitating them, or helping them try to redeem themselves. There was a guy way back when who had some success with this. Spent much of his time with criminals and outcasts. I think he was from Nazareth or thereabouts.

OK maybe that was a bit facetious. I apologize. I have NO problem with Disney barring true sex offenders (not 18 year old "statutory rapists" who made a mistake with their 17 year old consenting girlfriends) from the parks. But to suggest those who "befriend" or "know" such persons should also be shunned is ridiculous, in my opinion. There are dozens of legitimate and honorable reasons why a person would want to reach out to a previous offender. Personally, I do not think I would have the ability to look past what they had done to try to help them salvage something good from their lives - but I'm glad there are people out there who can.
Minnies Boy Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #87
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No, you are saying that..I am standing by what I typed, was it evasive? I thought what I typed above is pretty direct, straight forward, and self explanatory.

I've taken so many communication courses, a message can easily be misunderstood when a person adds words to the original intended message like you did. Just reread what I am saying, it's clear.
Apparently, it's not clear or I wouldn't ask for clarification two (and now, three) times. Are you trying to say that "Those who befriend, marry, date, or defend [sex offenders]" are not innocent people? If so, what crime are they guilty of that would lead WDW to ban them from their parks? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but I am really struggling to understand what you are trying to say.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #88
Tonka's Skipper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnies Boy Toy View Post
Maybe for the purpose of rehabilitating them, or helping them try to redeem themselves. There was a guy way back when who had some success with this. Spent much of his time with criminals and outcasts. I think he was from Nazareth or thereabouts.

OK maybe that was a bit facetious. I apologize. I have NO problem with Disney barring true sex offenders (not 18 year old "statutory rapists" who made a mistake with their 17 year old consenting girlfriends) from the parks. But to suggest those who "befriend" or "know" such persons should also be shunned is ridiculous, in my opinion. There are dozens of legitimate and honorable reasons why a person would want to reach out to a previous offender. Personally, I do not think I would have the ability to look past what they had done to try to help them salvage something good from their I lives - but I'm glad there are people out there who can.

I Totally agree!
Old 05-01-2013, 05:01 PM   #89
faindrops27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnies Boy Toy View Post

OK maybe that was a bit facetious. I apologize. I have NO problem with Disney barring true sex offenders (not 18 year old "statutory rapists" who made a mistake with their 17 year old consenting girlfriends) from the parks. But to suggest those who "befriend" or "know" such persons should also be shunned is ridiculous, in my opinion. There are dozens of legitimate and honorable reasons why a person would want to reach out to a previous offender. Personally, I do not think I would have the ability to look past what they had done to try to help them salvage something good from their lives - but I'm glad there are people out there who can.

Read my posts again, I'm talking about the sex offenders. The Jesus analogy is ok with me.

Now, tell me what is a legitimate reason a person would want to befriend, date, or marry, a sexual offender?

Old 05-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #90
faindrops27

Quote:
Apparently, it's not clear or I wouldn't ask for clarification two (and now, three) times. Are you trying to say that "Those who befriend, marry, date, or defend [sex offenders]" are not innocent people? If so, what crime are they guilty of that would lead WDW to ban them from their parks? I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but I am really struggling to understand what you are trying to say.

Ok, I am speaking specifically about sexual predators/offenders, who have sexually abused children. Why would anyone befriend, date, or marry a person who they know has raped a child?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: