Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Additional FPP

Heard on a podcast this morning that some guests have been getting 4 FPP options instead of 3 when staying on property. No emails or announcements. They just have 4 instead of 3. That would be great as 3 doesn't feel like enough.

ToyStory3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Whatsthegoodword
Earning My Ears

We're staying "in the Tower" at the Contemporary in March and only have three so far. That's plenty for us, by the way. The only park we would maybe use a fourth is the MK - but we can get it done with three. No big deal.
Whatsthegoodword is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #3
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
Heard on a podcast this morning that some guests have been getting 4 FPP options instead of 3 when staying on property. No emails or announcements. They just have 4 instead of 3. That would be great as 3 doesn't feel like enough.
I haven't heard any recent reports of this but this was happening when only a select resort guests were testing the FP+ system because they wanted attractions that don't normally have FP get tested with FP. I remember people getting an automatic HM FP even though they didn't select it but they still got their three selections plus HM. Same with SSE. Do you have a link or something to this?

rteetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

This wasn't an automatic FPP for a specific attraction - it was 4 choices instead of 3. It was on "3 moms and a mouse" podcast on 1/16/14. They acknowledged that they have no idea if it's a glitch or something they're testing - just not sure.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyStory3 View Post
This wasn't an automatic FPP for a specific attraction - it was 4 choices instead of 3. It was on "3 moms and a mouse" podcast on 1/16/14. They acknowledged that they have no idea if it's a glitch or something they're testing - just not sure.
that's interesting haven't heard anything else about this.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rteetz View Post
that's interesting haven't heard anything else about this.
I would like to know too. 4 just seems like a better number to me.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:19 AM   #7
Ladcassidy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
I would like to know too. 4 just seems like a better number to me.
I just tried canceling my FPs for one day to see if it would pop out 4 when I rebooked. No such luck.
Ladcassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #8
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladcassidy View Post
I just tried canceling my FPs for one day to see if it would pop out 4 when I rebooked. No such luck.
might have been a glitch who knows this is the first I've heard of this other than the very early testing.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #9
Funfire240
DIS Veteran

I called to book BBB yesterday for our July dates and the CM was telling me about FPP and the way she described it was "you get 3 or 4 picks a day." That was the first time I heard about possible 4 - I just thought maybe she was saying it to enhance the idea of FPP.

Funfire240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:28 AM   #10
rteetz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funfire240 View Post
I called to book BBB yesterday for our July dates and the CM was telling me about FPP and the way she described it was "you get 3 or 4 picks a day." That was the first time I heard about possible 4 - I just thought maybe she was saying it to enhance the idea of FPP.
yes you get your 3 (maybe 4?) a day buts that's also per park no 1 here 2 there.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:06 PM   #11
beer dave
There are 10 kinds of people in the world-- those who understand the binary numbering system, and those who do not.

I just tried to make FPP for every monday at MK from now until 60 days and all said "make 3 selections, so I don;t qualify I guess. Probably by resort like in the beginning.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #12
xie
Mouseketeer

I actually hope this is NOT true.

Because if it is being done, it needs to be done for everyone; giving some onsite guests 3 and some onsite guests 4 is just going to ignite rage. Not only over on the WDW Theme Parks board here, but I see some people giving CMs a hard time if they're aware that some people are getting 4 and they didn't.

It is hard to believe how badly Disney is handling communication about this system. Really hard to believe.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:29 PM   #13
lillykat
DIS Veteran

I bet they are including BOG FP+ in the 4.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
lillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:11 PM   #14
xie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Maybe so! And that does work perfectly fine, we had 3 attraction FP+ and a BoG lunch FP reservation on an MK day a few weeks ago. MDE is completely and blissfully unaware of BoG lunch.

That whole thing is completely separate. I picked it apart when I used it - you provide your resort reservation ID, it goes and makes a call out to that system to make sure your reservation is valid, and what date range your stay is for, and then lets you proceed only if you qualify. And once you have the booking it doesn't show up in MDE anywhere, it's only stored in the database associated with the BoG website.

I'm guessing that someone in the parks/foods division wanted FP set up for BoG lunches to help manage the crowds on the bridge, and IT couldn't get it done on whatever timeline they wanted it done, so they stood up that little website completely separately from everything else. That's the way weird one-off things like that have happened everywhere I've ever worked. Then later somebody else has the joy of figuring out how to integrate the one-off thing back into the main pipeline, heh.

27 WDW Trips and 2 DL Trips since 1994
Most recently, New Year's 2014
xie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:39 PM   #15
ToyStory3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
No it wasn't a BOG FPP. They were able to choose 4 attractions for every day of their stay.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: