Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #1
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party Menu

We just go this reservation and will be lucky enough to do this the last day of our honeymoon. Has anyone done this that can tell us what desserts they will have there?

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
jamnich314
Mouseketeer

I am also interested in this. My fiance and I are planning on doing the dessert party but really don't know a whole lot about it

jamnich314 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
anhower
Mouseketeer

My DH and I did the dessert party in January and loved it. There are a lot of good desserts, in fact I don't think there was anything I didn't like. The highlight for me was the chocolate covered strawberries. There's also beverages such as milk, juices and I think tea. And ice cream! You can't beat the view you get for the fireworks either, and Tink flies right above you. It's a great experience, one we're planning on doing again in October when we go back. Here's a link with tons of pics and a review on it:

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/0...-party-photos/

Hope you enjoy!!!

Coronado Springs Resort February 2011 . Port Orleans Riverside January 2012 . Polynesian Resort October 2012 . Port Orleans French Quarter February 2013
anhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #4
LittleStinkerbelle
DIS Veteran

We did this a couple of weeks ago. Some items they had the night we were there:

Chocolate covered strawberries
Mini fruit tarts
Mini canolis
Mini cupcakes
Chocolate mousse cups
Brownies
Cookies
Fruit
Mango shooters
Make-your own sundaes
Rice crispy treats

I'm sure there was more but that's what I can remember.

I have some pics in my food report:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914942

Next up: Disneyland, Spring 2015!

DFTVR - Memories Collection, October 2010 at Conch Key Marina
LittleStinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #5
ktak08
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anhower View Post
My DH and I did the dessert party in January and loved it. There are a lot of good desserts, in fact I don't think there was anything I didn't like. The highlight for me was the chocolate covered strawberries. There's also beverages such as milk, juices and I think tea. And ice cream! You can't beat the view you get for the fireworks either, and Tink flies right above you. It's a great experience, one we're planning on doing again in October when we go back. Here's a link with tons of pics and a review on it:

Hope you enjoy!!!
Thanks for posting the link! I gained 10lbs just looking at the pictures...everything looked so yummy!
ktak08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #6
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

thanks guys so much. We are having a wishes dessert party at the grand floridian marina for our disney wedding about 15 days before our reservation for this. I am definitely going to be getting my fill with the disney desserts!. They all look so yummy! I can not wait!

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
LUVDONALDDUCK
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know when u can book this? I have been trying but I think it's too soon, we go in Aug.
LUVDONALDDUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #8
MaxsDad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDONALDDUCK View Post
Does anyone know when u can book this? I have been trying but I think it's too soon, we go in Aug.
Think it is about 60 days.
This is a good thread to have handy:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

I am waiting for nov. to open up
MaxsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
MACfamily4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVDONALDDUCK View Post
July opened on April 30th. They usually open the entire month at the same time about two months out (give or take). Look for August to open toward the end of May. Because it isn't exact, I would start watching the week of the 23rd.

July 2004 Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney Wonder; July 2007 All-Star Movies; July 2008 Disney Dolphin; June/July 2009 Wilderness Lodge; June 2011 Coronado Springs; July 2012 Beach Club; June/July 2014 Beach Club; November 2015 Beach Club
MACfamily4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
DisneyBK
Earning My Ears

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party AND Parade?

So if the Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled for 7PM and Wishes is scheduled for 8PM, how can I work this so I can see the parade (on Main Street) and then head on over to the Tomorrowland Terrace afterwards?

I am thinking that the parade lasts for 20-30 minutes. After the parade, it won’t take me that long to walk from Main Street to the Tomorrowland Terrace (will it?) That would give me 20 minutes to get seated, grab a plateful of desserts, eat them, get up to go to the railing and watch Wishes! I might even have time to grab seconds.

Honestly, I don’t know how much into the dessert I am.

My family has had very bad luck in watching Wishes. I have only seen Wishes four times (once during MNSSHP). I have never seen Tink fly. I either have been distracted by kids or have been shoved around by adults. I even had a grown man (dressed like a pirate) run into me and swear at me in front of the children one time. Just awful luck. Everything else related to my trips has been awesome but I admit I am having a bit of trouble with the whole Wishes experience. When I found out about the Dessert Party, I immediately thought that I might be surrounded by good clientele and have an amazing position to see the whole show. Dessert is bonus.

However, as I am reading the threads, the only mention of the parade is that I shouldn’t even try to see the parade (street level) and the Dessert party. So, tell me where I am wrong. I must be missing something.

Just to get this off my chest, I don’t think you can call this a money grab. IT IS OPTIONAL. If you cannot afford it or don’t see the value in it – that doesn’t make it a money grab. Better examples of “money grab” might be re-releasing films on different media that you already own a license to (in theory) and only getting slightly marginal better quality and chagrining more money for it. Or maybe raising ticket prices more than the rate of inflation every year. Those might be better examples of money grabs. This just seems like a great idea.
DisneyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 PM   #11
CarrieR
DIS Veteran

If at all possible, I would probably try to do MSEP and Wishes on separate nights. If not, you'll just need to realize that the desserts will be picked over by the time you arrive. (They replenish to some degree, but they don't replenish everything -- the strawberries, for example, often run out quickly.) You cannot really see MSEP from the Terrace.

That said, we've done the party twice in the last year -- I cannot handle crowds, so we usually watch Wishes from Fantasyland and love it back there, but it was nice for my friends to be able to see it from the "proper" angle. I paid holiday rate for my whole party (so x4) for the July 4 fireworks and felt it was worth every penny for the space with the delicious desserts as an added bonus. My friends did not balk at the (jacked-up) cost of doing a repeat for the NYE fireworks since our first experience had been so positive.

ETA: If you're going to try to catch both, I would watch MSEP from near the Plaza restaurant. You should be able to zip over to the terrace pretty quickly and easily from there, as it's not usually too crowded on that pathway.
CarrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:39 PM   #12
MandM22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxsDad View Post
Think it is about 60 days.
This is a good thread to have handy:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2699362

I am waiting for nov. to open up
Thanks for the info... We are waiting for Oct.

MandM22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #13
bonoriffic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBK View Post
So if the Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled for 7PM and Wishes is scheduled for 8PM, how can I work this so I can see the parade (on Main Street) and then head on over to the Tomorrowland Terrace afterwards?

I am thinking that the parade lasts for 20-30 minutes. After the parade, it won’t take me that long to walk from Main Street to the Tomorrowland Terrace (will it?) That would give me 20 minutes to get seated, grab a plateful of desserts, eat them, get up to go to the railing and watch Wishes! I might even have time to grab seconds.
I've always wondered why people can't do both events either. It isn't ideal, but is easily accomplished. I know, I've done it. Watch the parade and then make your way to the Tomorrowland Terrace. Just plan ahead and be on the right side of the street. There will be plenty of food and zero line. This is because people waited in line early so they could wait in line again to get food. Do people really need a full 60 minutes to eat dessert? If the worst thing that happens is you miss out on strawberries, there are worst moments in life to experience. (And there were plenty of strawberries when I arrive 30 minutes after it started)

Even if you go on a night without MSEP, take an extra turn on a ride in Tomorrowland and show up a bit late. I promise you'll have plenty of time to eat all the strawberries you can fit onto your plate.
bonoriffic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
Lemke2Tink
Earning My Ears

Thanks for all of the great information on this! We go to disney 3-4 times a year and have never done it....I am going on a mother/daughter trip at the end of June for my birthday as a present from my mom...and i just booked this as a surprise to her!
Lemke2Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #15
Nakkira
DIS Veteran

how much does it cost?
Nakkira is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: