Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #31
kmedina
Loves all things Disney

I just noticed it was your birthday. Hope you had a good one.
kmedina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:55 AM   #32
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

This sounds like so much fun I'm subbing in. Wish I could be there to meet you all but we leave WDW on September 29 to hot foot it over to DLR.

To us Aussies, PIO is our DIS national treasure. Like on your gaming threads, PIO insisted we meet in 3D. Since that auspicious first DISmeet a few months back, we've caught up on a regular basis. This evolving friendship is something I value more and more every time we meet. Really looking forward to reading all about your new and existing 3D friendships. May your week long DISmeet/s, be filled with wonderful moments and memories to cherish.

Oops! A belated Happy Birthday! Hope you had a fabulous day.

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #33
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmedina View Post
Me too...I hope you had a very happy one!

I am very much looking forward to this meet! I got home from WDW this past Tuesday AM..(2 AM!) with a URI, and I'm slowly recovering.

We are heading to FL this Tuesday for some celebrations with dS's family.

I'll be reading this PTR for sure!

Bobbi
Old 05-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #34
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post
This sounds like so much fun I'm subbing in. Wish I could be there to meet you all but we leave WDW on September 29 to hot foot it over to DLR.

To us Aussies, PIO is our DIS national treasure. Like on your gaming threads, PIO insisted we meet in 3D. Since that auspicious first DISmeet a few months back, we've caught up on a regular basis. This evolving friendship is something I value more and more every time we meet. Really looking forward to reading all about your new and existing 3D friendships. May your week long DISmeet/s, be filled with wonderful moments and memories to cherish.

OMG!!!

(I feel so o-l-d!!!)

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #35
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
Oh happy birthday Alison!!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
here too. I think between this thread, FB, and your cruise report, I've covered my bases.

I updated my Disneyland report and you're in it. Hope you had a great birthday.
You were definitely covered!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
Hopping on board, if only our trip would have been a month earlier we could have joined you.
That would have been even MORE fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Jill in CO
Thank you!

Quote:
I am actually on time. I have been doing all of my DISing from my iPad lately, and it does not show trip report links at the bottom. Luckily, PIO posted a link for me. I still want to finish the last one and will resume reading it soon.

It is cool that so many of you are getting together. I have not had a 3D meet with anyone still but am still hoping to some day.

Cannot wait to read about your trip. Seems like it will be a lot of fun. I love the cruise picture of you and Fran. Very few people dress to the nines like that, so the ones who do always stand out.
I'm glad to have you on board, that wasn't even formal night!

Quote:
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minniemum View Post

Yeah we will be just missing each other, too bad. I think we all worship PIO for her kindness, knowledge and just overall niceness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz View Post
Me too...I hope you had a very happy one!

I am very much looking forward to this meet! I got home from WDW this past Tuesday AM..(2 AM!) with a URI, and I'm slowly recovering.

We are heading to FL this Tuesday for some celebrations with dS's family.

I'll be reading this PTR for sure!

Bobbi
I hope you feel better soon! Have a great time in Florida!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
OMG!!!

(I feel so o-l-d!!!)

Well you are a regular contributor to the Old Fogies Thread....
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:53 PM   #36
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I think we all worship PIO for her kindness, knowledge and just overall niceness.
OMG! I like staying under the radar.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 05-05-2013, 12:22 AM   #37
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Joining too Happy belated Birthday Ok question just saw the picture of you two on the cruise...nice BUT who is who

Ruthie
Old 05-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #38
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG!!!

(I feel so o-l-d!!!)

Quote:

Well you are a regular contributor to the Old Fogies Thread....

Quote:

Yeah we will be just missing each other, too bad. I think we all worship PIO for her kindness, knowledge and just overall niceness.
My sentiments exactly

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ...still to come 9/15 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #39
franandaj

Quote:
OMG! I like staying under the radar.

Sorry, you just pass by with flying colors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Joining too Happy belated Birthday Ok question just saw the picture of you two on the cruise...nice BUT who is who

Ruthie
I'm the one in the dress!
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 PM   #40
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm the one in the dress!

Yeah thats helpful either outfit could be a dress you're sitting down silly !!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post47178612

I am going to GUESS that the dress is NOT with the white blazer but the black (could be tank top) regardless love you both, so happy to put faces with names
F I N A L L Y

Ruthie
Old 05-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #41
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:

I am going to GUESS that the dress is NOT with the white blazer but the black (could be tank top) regardless love you both, so happy to put faces with names
F I N A L L Y

Ruthie
That would be a good guess, Ruthie!!

This is Alison - taken when I stayed with her in November last year.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #42
franandaj

Quote:

F I N A L L Y

Ruthie
I thought you were looking at the pictures in THIS TR! Just realize that Fran is the butch and I am the femme, as she puts it our plumbing is just rearranged. Otherwise we are like just about every other normal couple.

Quote:
That would be a good guess, Ruthie!!

This is Alison - taken when I stayed with her in November last year.
Yikes! After seeing me in that dress, I need to lose a few more pounds before I wear it again!

I'm not helping much (when you all see the next update).

Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #43
franandaj

So if you've read the first post you know one of the events we are planning during our stay is a potluck cookout on Saturday October 5th. We have a good deal of the menu nailed down, but I haven't posted it yet since we may have a few more additions and haven't quite figured out all the details.

One of the items that Fran and I plan on providing is a queso dip and chips. In the past we have always bought the jars of queso, but recently she mentioned that there were plenty of recipes online for easy queso dip that were much better than the jarred sauces.

So I figured that why not test out a queso recipe on Cinco de Mayo, the American holiday where gringos get extra drunk and pretend they have a link to Mexican Heritage! I searched online and found recipes as simple as a can of Rotel and Velveeta, to roasting peppers and deseeding them, sautéing vegetables, and all sorts of work. I wanted something inbetween and found something workable for us.

Here are my starting ingredients.

I modified the recipe I found online by substituting diced green chilies for the jalapeno peppers the recipe calls for. This is a half recipe.

8 oz Velveeta
6 oz cream cheese
2 tomatoes sliced
1/2 bunch green onions, green parts chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 can diced green chilies
Cracked black pepper

Melt the cheeses in the microwave. It took about 3 minutes at 60% power to fully melt the cheese.

Mix in the remaining ingredients. Here they are chopped.

And here they are about to be mixed in with the melted cheese.

After tasting the queso I realized that since we substituted mild green chilies for the jalapenos there was no kick to the dip. So I added 15 drops of tabsaco to the sauce and it was really tasty!

So we celebrated Cinco de Mayo in true gringo fashion, with a Margarita and queso and chips!

This recipe will work well for the DISmeet cookout. Now we have to figure out how to keep it warm on the table near the quiet pool at the picnic tables. I'm thinking sterno, but we need a dish....

Old 05-05-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Way to go on making your own!

We will still be bringing dessert(s). Still thinking brownies (no nuts) and Rice Krispie treats... But could change...
Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #45
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

If we bring s'mores stuff could we roast the marshmallows on the grill? Anyone know? Or probably it's charcoal so no...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: