Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #316
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Alison, I am so very sorry that the meeting went poorly and that you basically got ambushed. I can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking.

I know you and Fran will be able to build the home you want in a far more accepting and wonderful neighborhood. It's THEIR loss, not yours! They have no idea on what fantastic people they're missing out on.

Aside from actual house plan being too much to add on, what an unfair situation!

If I had to carry the sins of my folks, I'd be living on an island somewhere.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

Last edited by rentayenta; 07-09-2013 at 10:49 AM.
rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #317
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

UGH that is horrible horrible . They will get theirs...
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #318
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country
It was a popular place after partying on Saturday nights

So sorry. Hopefully this turns out to be a blessing in disguise and you can get a house in a great, accepting neighborhood. You all are much too nice to deal with the narrow-minded, vindictive neighbors.

Jill in CO
Old 07-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #319
Luvchefmic
DIS Veteran

Question The hearing and now what...

Alison and Fran I am so angry for you I could scream You know I have recently experienced the way people can treat us so unfairly Its despicable

All I can do is tell you let it out anyway you can, go drive to a beach or something and just scream or pound your fist in the sand or take a gallon of paint and throw it on a tarp or go get some cheap dishes and smash them all into a garbage can

I certainly can relate to the thinking you want to retaliate by putting less than stellar tenants in there That's the emotions, well founded,
talking and that would only come back and bite you You have worked too hard to have it get thrown away

I know the stages of emotions you are going to go through with this, its cyclic like the stages of grief Just when you think the anger has subsided it will return It will take time

In the meanwhile come to grips that it happened If they hold this much hostility from the past with Fran's father that is where it has to be left ..in the past

These are small minded people that are going through life with small mindedness and prejudices When you find your forever home you will look back and see the blessing that this was that you did not have to live on 1st street I know that sounds easier said than done

Anger can, and will, eventually make you physically ill I have done that to myself more times than I would like to admit Some weeks I have to remind myself of that on a daily basis

Look at each other, feel the love You have each other and you are blessed with a life full of opportunities and experiences Take pity on the ones that have hurt you They have no power over the life you have..don't give it to them by being upset and miserable Then they win

It will all work out Remember the best revenge is success !
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #320
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Ugh. You folks wouldn't believe the HATE that went on at the commission. Evidently her father did a lot of un approved improvements and these people seriously documented them. I HATE them. They totally held them back until tonight. I think we will rent these units to viable tenants with bit dogs who are not so good about cleaning up. ALSP BEING in a rock band will be key!
Alison, I am so sorry to see this. I have no idea what to say, except you are better off not being around them and dealing with them and their hatred. I am glad you found out before you moved in there, how they felt.

Hugs my friend.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #321
glaserjm
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hear about the hearing, that really is too bad when people get caught up in pettiness and then use it to stymie others!

You're right though, at least you didn't dump a bunch of money in only to realize later that you couldn't stand the neighbors!

glaserjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #322
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
Even beyond the "his Majesty" problems we were going way beyond what they would have allotted. We were asking for a 50% increase and no one told us that was not allowed. We could turn the whole thing into a home, but after the people who talked tonight, we don't want to be their neighbors, Thank you.

Good night!
I am a half full kind of person and sometimes, things really do happen for a reason even when we can't see it at the time. You are better off knowing now, before investing more money, hopes and dreams in that house. That said, turn all that energy elsewhere into new dreams and don't waste it on negative things like icky renters or mean dogs. Feeding a bad cycle might make you feel better for a moment, or even justified but it does perpetuate the circle and you are both better than that. Taking the high road is always the right thing to do, as much as it might suck at the time. You do catch more flies with honey. Besides, at the end of the day, you'd have to deal with the icky renters as much, or more than the neighbors so who is really getting the worse end of it?

I would very upset with the city who at least could have told you what was, and wasn't allowed (re: the 50%) as that should seem to be public domain info and would have saved you time and planning but then again, we are taking city municipalities and sometimes it's best not to think too hard and just move on. I would file a complaint with the city so it is documented and then close the chapter and move on. Crazy that they'd even allow a hearing for something they wouldn't have approved anyway, that set you both up right there.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #323
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

I'm glad you won't be living next to those horrible people, and I'm sorry for the time wasted.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14, AKV/BCV 10/14, AKV CL 12/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #324
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
I wouldn't want to stay either and I can't stand backstabbing people. It always amazes me how people seem to think they have the right to control other peoples lives, and if they protest it all should go their way. Be patient and the right place will come up for sale and then you can put your personal touches to it.
Yeah these people are a real piece of work. I've been texting with the tenant in the front unit and she says the lady next door is a real "front stabber". I said "may god grant her all she deserves, and I think he already has." To which the tenant replied that she is already a very unhappy person.

Good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hey Alison and Fran. Sorry that the meeting didn't go well but maybe you dodged a bullet there. Like you say you want to live in a nice house and with nice neighbours. Not these narrow minded judgemental lot. Fancy judging you two on your FIL's behaviour. Omg I imagine having to live in the legacy of our parents!

So I am sorry but mostly for the neighbours because they have missed out on a lovely couple living in their street who would have increased the house prices because the changes they made to the house would have been awesome.

You will find your chocolate box cottage as say in England ( dream home ). I you will be glad you didn't buy
that one. They will sit there and get more and more bitter. Like a beer getting warm in the sun.
That's very aweet of you to say. The thing is we already own the house. We'll just rent it back out. The folks who have been around for years know the whole saga of the house and fixing it up. Oh well, won't take much to get it ready.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #325
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Alison, I am so sorry. Still, it looks like you may have had a lucky escape. I cannot imagine living in an environment that is so toxic.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #326
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Alison - I'm so sorry for you and Fran. I know you'll eventually come to terms with it; but it must really really hurt right now to experience the bile that must have been there in the committee room. You and Fran have invested a bit of time and energy into those plans and I wish it all worked out for you.

Today I feel like we really dodged a bullet there. Aat this point you couldn't PAY us enough to want to live there! Over the past few weeks I've seen some nice places for sale so we'll see. Maybe when you visit this year we'll be showing you our new place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post

Oh Alison! Opened my computer just to see your news. They definitely missed out on a lovely couple - that's for sure.

Do they have any idea what kind of potluck heaven they missed? Do they?

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So bloody frustrating. alsdfjkadsklfjldsfjldskfjskldfjadsklfj!!!!!!!!! That was for you and Fran.

Paula said it perfectly - bitter breeds and it's not your sh!t to carry.
You're so funny with the whole potluck thing. These people are so bitter and stodgy I doubt they have parties. Thanks for cussing for us. I'm over it, ready to make $3K on renting out the place and we'll find someplace to buy.
Alison ~~~~ She said it wouldn't be Boring! | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #327
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Sedley-Burke View Post
Hey I was wondering if we could meet up with you guys? I see you are in MK on 30th September. Day before my birthday! Would we be able to perhaps do a quick meet and say hello? Sadly I'm not able to commit to much time as my health is bad and I get very tired but I cherish the time I do get with lovely people andI just know we are gonna love you and all on these thread. I would love to meet you. Let me know if this is possible. Maybe sometime in the afternoon. I can't generally eat with folks too many dietary requirements but I can do coffee's/teas / sodas etc. or just a meet and greet! if I could intrude on your valuable time that would be an honour. Paula and Jo xx
I was hoping we could meet up. Maybe in the Carrolwood Pacific room at VWL. As it gets closer we can exchange information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlea98 View Post
I'm sorry that you have to be put in that position. Hopefully things will work out somehow.
We'll just buy someplace, the rent on a property on 1st street will cover at least half the mrtgage payment.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:02 PM   #328
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Alison, I am so very sorry that the meeting went poorly and that you basically got ambushed. I can't imagine what the neighbors were thinking.

I know you and Fran will be able to build the home you want in a far more accepting and wonderful neighborhood. It's THEIR loss, not yours! They have no idea on what fantastic people they're missing out on.

Aside from actual house plan being too much to add on, what an unfair situation!

If I had to carry the sins of my folks, I'd be living on an island somewhere.
They were thinking selfishly and wanting to punish Fran for everything they could never get her father back with.

At this point, we won't have the money to build if we buy so we need to find a place big enough. There is one place on the market now that could possibly work, we just have to see if they have reduced the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TifffanyD View Post
UGH that is horrible horrible . They will get theirs...
As I posted in a reply earlier, evidently the lady who lead the charge is evidently quite unhappy with her own life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
So sorry. Hopefully this turns out to be a blessing in disguise and you can get a house in a great, accepting neighborhood. You all are much too nice to deal with the narrow-minded, vindictive neighbors.

Jill in CO
EX-ACTLY! We just need to find something large enough with a desperate owner willing to cut their price to an deal that Fran can't refuse!

Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #329
franandaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvchefmic View Post
Alison and Fran I am so angry for you I could scream You know I have recently experienced the way people can treat us so unfairly Its despicable

All I can do is tell you let it out anyway you can, go drive to a beach or something and just scream or pound your fist in the sand or take a gallon of paint and throw it on a tarp or go get some cheap dishes and smash them all into a garbage can

I certainly can relate to the thinking you want to retaliate by putting less than stellar tenants in there That's the emotions, well founded, talking and that would only come back and bite you You have worked too hard to have it get thrown away

I know the stages of emotions you are going to go through with this, its cyclic like the stages of grief Just when you think the anger has subsided it will return It will take time

In the meanwhile come to grips that it happened If they hold this much hostility from the past with Fran's father that is where it has to be left ..in the past

These are small minded people that are going through life with small mindedness and prejudices When you find your forever home you will look back and see the blessing that this was that you did not have to live on 1st street I know that sounds easier said than done

Anger can, and will, eventually make you physically ill I have done that to myself more times than I would like to admit Some weeks I have to remind myself of that on a daily basis

Look at each other, feel the love You have each other and you are blessed with a life full of opportunities and experiences Take pity on the ones that have hurt you They have no power over the life you have..don't give it to them by being upset and miserable Then they win

It will all work out Remember the best revenge is success !
I'm over it. But what will help more will be to start really looking at some houses that we could buy. Unfortunately we can't do that for at least a week, and then we will probably be working on getting the place ready to rent. For now, I just hope that we get to take our weekend jaunt.

Old 07-10-2013, 01:53 AM   #330
Paula Sedley-Burke
Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...

The Carolwood room at VWL would be great. Yes as it approaches we will keep in touch. P x

Sorry again about you and Fran having to deal with the wrath of the last generation. Forgive I could not figure out from thread. Is Fran's father still with us or has he passed?
Dixie Landings 2000, Port Orleans 08, SSR 09, SSR 10, SSR 11, Disney Dream 2011, SSR 12, Disney Dream 2012 , AKL 13, SSR 13 , VWL 13, Disney Dream 2013, POR 2014, SSR 14, AKV 14, BCV 14, , Disney Dream 2014, VGF 14, AoA 15, Disney Magic 15, SSR 14, VGF 14

May 2014 Pre trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3236860

Sep/Oct 2014 Post trip report - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3337960

( Me ) , (DW)

Paula
Paula Sedley-Burke is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: