Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #1306
skmastaz
Mouseketeer

Let's just say for giggles there are no AoA suites left when I get to book on Thursday morning (this is just disaster planning, I refuse to believe this will happen for my sanity). Are there any other resorts that have a similar room? I see All-Star Music also has a suite option, but we are planning on upgrading to the DDP and is there a mod resort that has separate sleeping areas for adults/kids? Or should I just move to two back to back rooms at different value? Again, I hope it doesn't come to this, but I like having back up plans!!
Old 05-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #1307
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post
Agreed, I'm too much of a control freak to let someone else do it. And I always know what I want and how to book it anyway.
Funny, I am a control freak too, but I feel like I have more control with the Disney Authorized vacation planner. I can keep constant contact and always speak to the same person and info is always consistent. I do all the planning, she just puts my plan into action and stays on top of it. Just my experience.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 04:23 PM   #1308
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post
why book through a travel agent and not directly through disney?
I never understood that since it's so easy online nowdays
In my case since FD isn't being offered during my travel dates I'm able to get a better deal than Disney's late August promo.
I have a trip on hold with Disney directly, I was just waiting to confirm that I'd be able to apply free dining and since it looks like I won't, I'm going with the deal that the TA has quoted me. Its just as easy going through them as it is going through Disney directly
Old 05-06-2013, 04:27 PM   #1309
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post
In my case since FD isn't being offered during my travel dates I'm able to get a better deal than Disney's late August promo.
I have a trip on hold with Disney directly, I was just waiting to confirm that I'd be able to apply free dining and since it looks like I won't, I'm going with the deal that the TA has quoted me. Its just as easy going through them as it is going through Disney directly
Yes, many times Disney will offer some Disney Authorized Vacation Planners special offers they can pass on directly to their clients. Aside from FD, these offers can be the next best thing.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 05-06-2013 at 05:00 PM. Reason: "can be"
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #1310
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
ah. I see. I love doing all the planning and reserving etc... I make quite an excel spreadsheet for our trips too... maybe I'm in the wrong business!
I do those spread sheets too! I love planning! For me, I feel like I have more control over my vacation with a Disney Planner. Maybe we should go into business together

Old 05-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #1311
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
why book through a travel agent and not directly through disney?
I never understood that since it's so easy online nowdays
Well, one big reason that occurs to me -- besides the excellent ones given above -- is that when you use an agent, the agent gets to get up at the crack of dawn and wait on hold on your behalf to book/rebook your discount, while you stay in bed.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #1312
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom18 View Post
She is actually kind of a "friend" of my SIL. She did it as a favor, to get us the FD as soon as she could. She puts in on her card, and I pay her back. I have all my backups..receipts from her as well as original ones from Disney to shows she paid..so I think I am good!! She has done this for my SIL a few times and theres never been a problem.
Ah, now that you've explained it, sounds like it's all good in your case.

Mary
Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #1313
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post
Well, one big reason that occurs to me -- besides the excellent ones given above -- is that when you use an agent, the agent gets to get up at the crack of dawn and wait on hold on your behalf to book/rebook your discount, while you stay in bed.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Perfect example! Except instead of staying in bed, I got 3 kids off to school!

Old 05-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #1314
BattyKoda
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
Seems like the LM rooms are getting a lot less popular now that the discount is out!! I bet they are going to become much more avaliable Is anyone keeping their room despite the discount??
I would like to but I would like to save money more
We are switching ours, the savings is too great not too.

Old 05-06-2013, 05:20 PM   #1315
bigrad
Earning My Ears

Resorts

We have 4 Adults (34,35,60,61) and 3 kids (2,4,8) going in September. I currently have 2 rooms at POR (hopefully connecting). I don't know Disney all that well... Is there a suite or different resort that may be better for my group?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #1316
FoodLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Perfect example! Except instead of staying in bed, I got 3 kids off to school!
Or that.

Mary
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1317
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Speculation question for the experts - are there any trends known between discounts & dates? I'm wondering if the RO discount on the 28th will be followed directly on 29th with either FD or another RO, or if Disney usually will leave black out dates in between? Say, start a FD discount on 10/01? Just trying to gauge whether my first choice date range will be covered with a discount at all now - sept 29-oct 5. =\
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #1318
summerlady
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I have POFQ Garden Room booked for October. Were they included this time around with FD?
I imagine so, I had a standard room with POFQ for Sept. and was able to have FD applied to my reservation.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~POFQ September 2015~
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #1319
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerlady View Post

I imagine so, I had a standard room with POFQ for Sept. and was able to have FD applied to my reservation.
Ok...I thought I read on someone else's post that they were giving FD to standard and than pool view & above.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #1320
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

There are some excellent Disney Authorized Vacation Planners that are contracted directly though Disney, who do only Disney vacations. They can offer a more personalized vacation planning experience and lend advice and guidance where needed that some folks really love. There are also some other perks as well, for example, if you have already booked a vacation and a promo comes out, they will automatically apply it to your reservation. You do not have to call and have it added to you reservation like you do for Disney. They are also more than happy to make dining and any other event reservations for you. Some might even offer a small monetary or gift reward as a token of their appreciation. Word of caution-know who you are dealing with, not all TA's go the extra mile that Disney Authorized Vacation Planners do. I have personally used one since 2007.
I have a friend who swears by Kingdom Konsultants because they always find the most obscure discounts that he doesn't even know about (and he's fairly well versed). I might consider giving them a shot in the future.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: