Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #1276
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastoney View Post

Thanks for the quick response. So if I run a quote for room/tickets on the site now for September that should be the same cost as with free dining (pending availability for FD of course)? Just want to be sure they aren't using another rate for free dining.

Also the email we got said it has to be a 5 night/6 day package. Can anyone confirm?

Additionally, can you book 2 reservations for rooms/packages at the same time? If we go forward we will take my parents along but in a different room

Sorry for all the questions, just want to have all my ducks in a line and can't stand not being able to see it for myself in black and white. Plus don't want to wait till Thursday if at all possible.
The resort rates are set, they don't change when a FD discount is released or applied to a reservation.

All Free Dining promos have 3 night minimum and a 14 night maximum booking. Any other minimum nights you see stated are solely for advertising purposes.

You can book as many rooms as you want under the general public free dining promo.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #1277
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehunter View Post
Ok. This is my first time on here. We have been to Disney for the last 5 years and always received the FREE DDP. We are in the UK and are looking for some advice. I see everyone is booking their free DDP today, good news, however, we have had to leave our booking this year til now (work commitments) we normally book earlier and get the free DDP. Does anyone know if free DDP will be offered in August (as previous) for UK travellers.
The UK free dining promo for this August is long gone, but you can book the US free dining offer through a US-based travel agency. UK residents do this all the time.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #1278
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
Seems like the LM rooms are getting a lot less popular now that the discount is out!! I bet they are going to become much more avaliable Is anyone keeping their room despite the discount??
I would like to but I would like to save money more
We lucked out with a pin code FD discount on those LM rooms last November/December and the resort is nice and the rooms were cute, but I would never pay full price to stay there. No room is cute enough for me to give up that kind money :-)
Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #1279
waynehunter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post

The UK free dining promo for this August is long gone, but you can book the US free dining offer through a US-based travel agency. UK residents do this all the time.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Thanks. But I was hoping for free dining in August. I think I will wait and see if anything is offered over here!!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #1280
pxedst21
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I'm confused, how are you seeing more at a value than a mod? Maybe I'm not understanding your numbers.
Maybe I did something wrong with the numbers?? Did 20% off regular rate for ASMo and 25% off regular rate for POR. After adding in our ticket prices it would be just over $2500 at ASMo and just over $2900 for POR. We are paying under $3300 with the free dining. So if we switched to just RO at our current resort would only save under 400 and if we switched resorts to just RO at ASMo it would save like 750. We would spend that even if we ate all counter meals with all of us.

Anyway, I think you were one of the ones letting everyone know it was coming----so Thank You!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #1281
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
Seems like the LM rooms are getting a lot less popular now that the discount is out!! I bet they are going to become much more avaliable Is anyone keeping their room despite the discount??
I would like to but I would like to save money more
I am assuming this can also apply to LM, but I heard Disney only wants to keep an extremely limited number of Finding Nemo rooms available for promo, in hopes that people are soooo sentimentally attached to it that they won't want to switch. Did not work for me. I would gladly switch to Lion King to save a $1000

Old 05-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #1282
FoodLover
Founder of MouseSavers.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynehunter View Post
Thanks. But I was hoping for free dining in August. I think I will wait and see if anything is offered over here!!
Sorry, meant to say you can book the August room rate discount that was released in the US today, not the US free dining, which is not offered in August.

You are too late for the UK free dining this August. That promotion ended about a month ago and they don't resurrect offers that are long expired. I would grab the room rate discount if I were you. There is really no down side to doing so -- in the extremely unlikely event that a UK offer for August is rolled out later, you can cancel US packages without penalty up until 45 days prior to check-in and US room-only reservations can be canceled up to 5 days prior to check-in.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM   #1283
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxedst21 View Post
Maybe I did something wrong with the numbers?? Did 20% off regular rate for ASMo and 25% off regular rate for POR. After adding in our ticket prices it would be just over $2500 at ASMo and just over $2900 for POR. We are paying under $3300 with the free dining. So if we switched to just RO at our current resort would only save under 400 and if we switched resorts to just RO at ASMo it would save like 750. We would spend that even if we ate all counter meals with all of us.

Anyway, I think you were one of the ones letting everyone know it was coming----so Thank You!!!
Ok, I think I'm following what you're saying now.

And you're quite welcome.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #1284
waynehunter
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoodLover View Post

Sorry, meant to say you can book the August room rate discount that was released in the US today, not the US free dining, which is not offered in August.

You are too late for the UK free dining this August. That promotion ended about a month ago and they don't resurrect offers that are long expired. I would grab the room rate discount if I were you. There is really no down side to doing so -- in the extremely unlikely event that a UK offer for August is rolled out later, you can cancel US packages without penalty up until 45 days prior to check-in and US room-only reservations can be canceled up to 5 days prior to check-in.

Mary
MouseSavers.com
Which US travel agent would you recommend I use for the room discount. We normally stay in Saratoga Springs.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:44 PM   #1285
Iwanabatdisney
Earning My Ears

My first post, hopefully not my last

I have been a long-time lurker on this site, such great information. I am a Visa card holder and based on all the great information on this board(s) called this morning, waited a short amount of time on hold to be told by a very sweet CM that the BLT 2 bedroom villa we booked for our 6 adults, 1 child was not on the free dining plan. Soooo bummed. But... bottom line, we're still going to Disney. The trip was booked months ago and the family trip will not change. Good luck to everyone who hasn't already booked their free dining plan yet, hang in there, your wish will come true!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #1286
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanabatdisney View Post
I have been a long-time lurker on this site, such great information. I am a Visa card holder and based on all the great information on this board(s) called this morning, waited a short amount of time on hold to be told by a very sweet CM that the BLT 2 bedroom villa we booked for our 6 adults, 1 child was not on the free dining plan. Soooo bummed. But... bottom line, we're still going to Disney. The trip was booked months ago and the family trip will not change. Good luck to everyone who hasn't already booked their free dining plan yet, hang in there, your wish will come true!
I would just get 2 connecting rooms at another resort that is included in the FD promo. You can still keep your dates and go to Disney and probably save over $2000 dollars.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #1287
mom18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scribega View Post

I think having to pay to upgrade is a little crazy. I know you are at a value resort, but you are paying a deluxe price.
For us, my kids would not like the other resorts like they would like values. To me they are more "kid-friendly"...I don't mind either way!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #1288
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwanabatdisney View Post
Did you ask about the room discount? Only 5% at BLT but better than nothing. Or switch to another DVC for 30% off.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #1289
Iwanabatdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I would just get 2 connecting rooms at another resort that is included in the FD promo. You can still keep your dates and go to Disney and probably save over $2000 dollars.
I thought about that, but I have a problem with sleeping space. It's me, my husband, my adult son, my adult daughter and her husband (son-in-law), son-in-law's mother, and daughter & s-in-law's 3 year old son. I need 4 - 5 separate sleeping spaces. Putting people in comfortable beds has been an issue trying to figure out, resort wise. I thought about the WL treehouses, but we have mobility issues.

I'm still thinking it over. The CM priced out the CR with two rooms, but even with the free dining, it was more than the BLT 2 br.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #1290
mom18
Mouseketeer

So this morning my TA told us that she booked our FD with their company DV so she could get FD in right away for us. I personally do not have a DV. I have read you will need your DV at check in. Is this going to be an issue for me?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: