Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #856
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwaters View Post
This is my first time calling Disney so what is the phone number to main reservation line? I know it was posted in thread somewhere but i can't find it. I found about ten different numbers that i found online LoL. Thanks in advance
One of the numbers you can use is 407-WDW-MAGIC.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
Old 05-05-2013, 09:15 PM   #857
cruella0108
Earning My Ears

Bounce back and free dinning

I was also wondering about this bounce back and F/D. I am looking at going to WDW next year after Labor Day for 8 nights with my family. Would it be better to go down there this year for 2-3 days by myself so I can book the bounce back for F/D for next year? My sister told me not to because she thinks it would be a waste of my time and money if they didn't offer the bounce back for next year. I am confused with what to do. I need to find some way of saving money whether with the F/D or R/O discounts. Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #858
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Why does it seem that the CMs know the least of anyone?...
Maybe because they don't read the Disboards like we do?? Just a thought

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #859
WDW in Pearls
Monograms and Minnie Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella0108 View Post
I was also wondering about this bounce back and F/D. I am looking at going to WDW next year after Labor Day for 8 nights with my family. Would it be better to go down there this year for 2-3 days by myself so I can book the bounce back for F/D for next year? My sister told me not to because she thinks it would be a waste of my time and money if they didn't offer the bounce back for next year. I am confused with what to do. I need to find some way of saving money whether with the F/D or R/O discounts. Advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
If you're not picky about hotels, I'd wait until closer and see what other people post on here regarding the bounce back offers (if they are offered). It's an expensive risk to take.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #860
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy3 View Post

I'm not a Disney Visa holder and this isn't a bounceback since I haven't been since 2008.
She told me that there were no Sept discounts out yet, and then she said Oh wait, I have this right in front of me, I cant believe I was trying to get you to book your trip without telling you. My res. is for POR MYW + dining and that on the 9th I can call back and apply the free dining discount to it, and then she told me how much it would save off the quoted res. price.
I confirmed that I could apply the FD to my trip starting 8/26 and she said yes that FD is running from sometime mid August until Sept. 28 (I think that was the ending date).

I'm going out to dinner now, but I think I'll call back later and ask again just to be sure.
This is an interesting bit of news ;-)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM   #861
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyandminnie0515 View Post
Is Thursday for Disney Visa Cardholders only????
Tomorrow, Monday May 6th :-)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:48 PM   #862
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW in Pearls View Post

Sometimes I think I should just stay off the Free Dining threads and stop giving myself heartburn over it I always get emails because of my Disney Visa but I'm so paranoid that it'll be the ONE email I don't see!
And I never get the Disney Visa emails for discount promos and we've had the card for at least 7 years. The info will be ALL OVER these boards tomorrow and if will be up on the Visa site sometime tomorrow morning.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:50 PM   #863
buckeev
RedNeck Mouseketeer

Bounce Backs are not a given...we just got back last week and recv'd no offer. I also called and they didn't have anything for us.
We're doing "OOP Dining" in December this year, as I know there won't be FD during our stay, but sure hope that other folks are able to catch it before Christmas!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #864
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I've already booked my room at WL. I know the whole reservation redo thing when you add dining, but I confirmed with several CMs that this is the best way to make sure you have a room. They just credit my old deposit and I repay it for the new package. Besides, although I would LOVE to go to WL I'm flexible to go to any deluxe if I have to. AOA folks are going to have a little bit harder of a time, as no other resort really compares on price and capacity.
You should never have to cancel or rebook your package for free dining, they should simply modify the reservation and add the discount and credit you the difference - very easy and a lot faster than canceling, refunding and rebooking.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-05-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #865
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
You shouldn't ever have to cancel or rebook your package for free dining, they should simply modify the reservation and add the discount and credit you the difference - very easy and a lot faster than canceling, refunding and rebooking.
I think they only booked the room.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #866
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Okay, I'm trying REALLY hard not to get hopes up for my 8/26-9/1 vacation...

But IF, and I know that's a big IF, the free dining is extended to that period, should I be calling tomorrow as a Disney Visa holder? Or would it be on the 9th? I'm getting confused!!! Guess I try tomorrow and if not, try again on the 9th. Is the 9th actually the Visa date or the GP date?

I just want it booked and done already!
The DV FD offer is supposed to be tomorrow and the GP DV offer is supposed to be May 9.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #867
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So...they would actually honor the discount without first sending an email or releasing it on the site?

Also, stupid question, but what are the dates that are in question for tomorrow?
Disney reservations will be applying those discounts first thing tomorrow morning whether they are on the Disney Visa site or not. In the early years of FD you did need the codes and they were usually leaked here the night before. Mousesavers used to leak codes early, maybe they are cracking down on TA leaks. I did notice that there have been a few posts from people saying their TA actually did confirm this info today.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #868
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post
Could it be that the 5/9 GP offer is still going to be 9/2 and on as everyone originally predicted? But the early Visa offering--hopefully tomorrow--will include end of August as well??? No one seemed to have any details about when the Visa offer would come out---people were guessing last Thursday, tomorrow, 5/9, and everything in between. So maybe this is another detail about the offer that we don't know!

Don't want to start any rumors and this PURELY crazy speculation on my part, but that would be so NICE!!!!
That's actually a really insightful observation and not totally put of the question. In 2008 they had select free dining dates in Oct - Dec that were ONLY for DV holders and never went out for the general public - that instance is the sole reason we keep the stupid Disney Visa. The next year, 2009, was the first year they offered a general public FD offer for the October - December timeframe.

Very interesting . . . Can't wait to see how this plays out tomorrow :-)

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-05-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:04 PM   #869
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by acwaters View Post
This is my first time calling Disney so what is the phone number to main reservation line? I know it was posted in thread somewhere but i can't find it. I found about ten different numbers that i found online LoL. Thanks in advance
407-W-Disney
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #870
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

One of the numbers you can use is 407-WDW-MAGIC.
Isn't that too many letters/numbers? Can't you only have 10 numbers?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: