Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #721
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post

While I agree with you completely too bad everyone else does not feel that way. If the current demand continues they'd have no reason not to increase them even more.
Well, I guess if we were taking a once in a lifetime trip to WDW, maybe I would pay the premium price for those super cute suites, but we go at least once per year and I need to conserve our vacation dollars for the other trips we want to take - while still fitting in my annual or biannual WDW fix ;-)
Old 05-04-2013, 11:23 PM   #722
disfamily3
Mouseketeer

ARGH!!! I guess I will be up early with the rest of you all!!!
Disney Dream 2011
Port Orleans 2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 PM   #723
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna & Hunters Mom View Post
I have a couple of questions:

1)I have in the past had a Disney Visa. If I apply for one tomorrow and it is approved (was instantly last time) can I get the early booking for FD?

2)My in laws are traveling with us and right now we have 2 connecting rooms at Pop. From what I can tell we may be better off in a cabin at Ft Wilderness to not have to pay the upgrade? Is this correct or am I missing something? We have 4 adults, dd7 and ds5.

Thanks!
They usually release rooms for the DV FD promo and for the GP DV promo. You will have to have the DV card number to pay the minimum $200 deposit/payment.

Even with having to pay the dining plan upgrade cost with the rooms at Pop, it would still cost you roughly $30 more per night to stay at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. And if you stay at the cabins you will only have 1 bathroom and that would be the deal breaker for me, plus it would cost you more. Personally, I much prefer Pop over the cabins anyway - the cabins are in desperate need of some updating.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #724
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamily3 View Post
Here is my dilemma....We are currently booked Sept. 1-6 at POR....will I have to call Monday morning and book one night for the 1st and then 2-6 to get the free dining? Just pay one nights room....and then book the package (tickets & room+ free dining hopefully) for the rest of the stay?
That's correct, you will need to do a room only reservation on September 1 and start your package reservation on September 2. Make sure they link the reservations in the system, so hopefully you can simply go down to the front desk and check in for the package reservation and not have to move/change rooms.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:40 PM   #725
Joanna & Hunters Mom
I wish I could live at Disney!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

They usually release rooms for the DV FD promo and for the GP DV promo. You will have to have the DV card number to pay the minimum $200 deposit/payment.

Even with having to pay the dining plan upgrade cost with the rooms at Pop, it would still cost you roughly $30 more per night to stay at the Ft. Wilderness cabins. And if you stay at the cabins you will only have 1 bathroom and that would be the deal breaker for me, plus it would cost you more. Personally, I much prefer Pop over the cabins anyway - the cabins are in desperate need of some updating.
Thanks for your advice. Do you know what the cost is per adult and per child to upgrade this year? We upgraded last year because we stayed at pop and I can't remember the cost.

May, 2009 Offsite~June, 2012 Pop Century
September, 2013 Pop Century~May, 2014 Caribbean Beach
Old 05-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #726
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna & Hunters Mom View Post

Thanks for your advice. Do you know what the cost is per adult and per child to upgrade this year? We upgraded last year because we stayed at pop and I can't remember the cost.
About $18 per adult and about $3 per child, so about $78 per day for your group. 2 rooms at Pop is about $200 per night and 1 cabin is about $315 per night.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:57 PM   #727
Mrs Grumpy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's correct, you will need to do a room only reservation on September 1 and start your package reservation on September 2. Make sure they link the reservations in the system, so hopefully you can simply go down to the front desk and check in for the package reservation and not have to move/change rooms.
We will have to do the exact same thing also staying at POR. Our trip is 9/1-9/11
Old 05-05-2013, 06:42 AM   #728
DanenRox
Disney Junkies

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

OK guilty. Haven't read the previous 48 pages worth of posts. I DO know that those in the know know that Free dining will be offered for September 2013 dates as of tomorrow. Is it a general public discount that "they" anticipate will be offered? Or will we have to wait out the Florida Resident discounts, the Visa card discounts, the Your Mother's Name is Irene discounts before it goes public?
Old 05-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #729
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disfamily3 View Post
Here is my dilemma....We are currently booked Sept. 1-6 at POR....will I have to call Monday morning and book one night for the 1st and then 2-6 to get the free dining? Just pay one nights room....and then book the package (tickets & room+ free dining hopefully) for the rest of the stay?
That's what we're doing. And hoping for a room-only discount for the first night!
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #730
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanenRox View Post
OK guilty. Haven't read the previous 48 pages worth of posts. I DO know that those in the know know that Free dining will be offered for September 2013 dates as of tomorrow. Is it a general public discount that "they" anticipate will be offered? Or will we have to wait out the Florida Resident discounts, the Visa card discounts, the Your Mother's Name is Irene discounts before it goes public?
It goes public on Thursday, May 9. If the Visa holders get it tomorrow, the Visa release will list the date that it goes to the public. You will be able to see the deal at this site if it is released tomorrow, but it might not show up online until late morning or early afternoon...

www.disneyrewards.com/offers
Old 05-05-2013, 08:31 AM   #731
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

It goes public on Thursday, May 9. If the Visa holders get it tomorrow, the Visa release will list the date that it goes to the public. You will be able to see the deal at this site if it is released tomorrow, but it might not show up online until late morning or early afternoon...

www.disneyrewards.com/offers
Keep in mind that the visa dates are never really leaked. All we know in the leaks is the public offer. We do know that visa generally gets three or more days advance on bookings, hence tomorrows date. The summer offer got five days in fact. Could they throw us a curve and not do it til Tuesday, sure. It's not likely bit tomorrow isn't 100% like Thursday. But if you're the first to call in and they know nothing, make sure you have them check because many times its in a memo and they just haven't had time to read it yet.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #732
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Well, I guess if we were taking a once in a lifetime trip to WDW, maybe I would pay the premium price for those super cute suites, but we go at least once per year and I need to conserve our vacation dollars for the other trips we want to take - while still fitting in my annual or biannual WDW fix ;-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
While I agree with you completely too bad everyone else does not feel that way. If the current demand continues they'd have no reason not to increase them even more.
Totally agree with you both, but I must admit I fell for the cuteness; but only this once! I debated back and forth for weeks between two connecting rooms at Pop or AoA suites. I am a coupon cutting-budget planning mom and I really struggled with paying all that extra for the cute factor. In the end I went with my heart ONLY because we had extra funds in the Disney budget...have not been in 2 years! (I know it is killing me!). But I am thinking that once the newness of AoA wears off, it won't be as popular. I know the next time we go, we will be getting to connecting rooms at a Value! Really, my kids don't care where we stay as long as we are seeing the Mouse; I guess it was more mom.

Old 05-05-2013, 08:47 AM   #733
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Guys. I thought I'd do my due diligence and pass this along. As 411 has mentioned before, they haven't done this in the past and I've not know them to do this lately either. But I thought I'd share a quote from one source that was sent to me privately. Take it for what it's worth and a grain of salt as always.

I hope we don't have to wait a few more days....it's just killing everyone.

"Joe, I've been told that lately deals have opened outside the US first, then to Disney Visa, and then to the US general public. So if it works this way, and May 9 is indeed the "rest of world" date, then the visa deal may be at the end of next week, and the general public deal May 13 or so."

Oh and Disney411, your message box is full.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-05-2013, 08:58 AM   #734
lucynme
Are we there yet? I can (almost) see the Castle!

Ok, here's one for ya...I am booked at POFQ (rack rates) for Sept27-Oct6. Deposit was NOT made with my DV, but have one). I am thinking about extending my stay by 2 days so I can take advantage of FD, checking in on Set25. If I call tomorrow, and use my DV to book early, will I lose my $200 deposit, or will I be able to just add that non-disney payment to my package?

4/1998-POLY (4/22-Grand Opening of Animal Kingdom Park for resort guests only),11/2000-POFQ, 4/2001-AKL, 11/2002-POFQ (Our last trip as a 2-some), 4/2006-POFQ (DS 1st Disney Trip), 4/2007-POFQ (DS 2nd trip-Old Pro), 9/2008-POFQ (Our 1st MNSSHP), 4/2009-CBR/Pirate Room (DS SURPRISE 5th Birthday!), POFQ-DS ("I'm a Kindergartner" Celebration!!!) (and our last trip as a family of three!), 4/2011-POFQ (Our first trip with our little Princess and her Big Brother!), 4/2012-POFQ (Jack's Incentive Trip!), 9-10/2013- POFQ-(Big Ol' Cousins Trip/MNSSHP#2)!
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #735
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucynme View Post
Ok, here's one for ya...I am booked at POFQ (rack rates) for Sept27-Oct6. Deposit was NOT made with my DV, but have one). I am thinking about extending my stay by 2 days so I can take advantage of FD, checking in on Set25. If I call tomorrow, and use my DV to book early, will I lose my $200 deposit, or will I be able to just add that non-disney payment to my package?
You will not lose anything. You will just have to make a $200 payment toward your existing package (which they will modify to checking in the 25th) with your DV.

However, read the post above yours for info regarding the deal.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: