Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:16 PM   #631
Dannek
So many roads to ease my soul...

Responses appreciated.

Thank you Joe Black and Disney411.

I appreciate your responses and clarifications to my questions.

All the best to you.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #632
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Plus they do open up more rooms as this goes along. I've never heard of a free dining promo selling completely out. Last year they only had sports left for values, then opened more rooms a few hours later and had them all once again. Not sure why they do it, but maybe just to spread it out....but again, not sure why they do that either. I had a standard room at riverside a couple years ago for free dining and didn't seem to have any trouble booking it.
I'm a Disney Visa card holder too. If for some reason they run out during that offer, will I be able to try again when it opens to the GP?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #633
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Plus they do open up more rooms as this goes along. I've never heard of a free dining promo selling completely out. Last year they only had sports left for values, then opened more rooms a few hours later and had them all once again. Not sure why they do it, but maybe just to spread it out....but again, not sure why they do that either. I had a standard room at riverside a couple years ago for free dining and didn't seem to have any trouble booking it.
Maybe they leave some rooms open in hopes people who are unaware of free dining will book at full price, and as time grows closer they make that number of rooms smaller and smaller?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #634
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

I'm a Disney Visa card holder too. If for some reason they run out during that offer, will I be able to try again when it opens to the GP?
You can book anytime you like of course.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #635
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can book anytime you like of course.
Ok...hopefully it won't be an issue.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #636
sjones1014
Earning My Ears

SO Confused!

Hello everyone... I know I'm WAY too early for anyone to give me specifics on this... but I've been reading and reading up on this and I'm still confused on whether my upcoming stay would qualify for FD if it is announced... With that said, we're not planning on visiting until January of next year, so I know it's a bit off-topic for this thread, but you all seem very knowledgable so I'm hoping someone can help...

Here goes: I've read that if the FD promotion starts during the course of your stay you can be eligible to add it for your whole stay. I have also read that you must check in after the FD start date in order to qualify. So, I'm confused. We're tentatively planning on going January 17-27, 2014. IF FD is announced later this year for, say, January 25th through early February, would we be eligible because we'd be staying there on the 25th, or would we have to check in after the 25th?

This all may be moot anyway as they are cutting back the FD promos, but it would be helpful to know just in case. Thank you so much in advance!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #637
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones1014 View Post
Hello everyone... I know I'm WAY too early for anyone to give me specifics on this... but I've been reading and reading up on this and I'm still confused on whether my upcoming stay would qualify for FD if it is announced... With that said, we're not planning on visiting until January of next year, so I know it's a bit off-topic for this thread, but you all seem very knowledgable so I'm hoping someone can help...

Here goes: I've read that if the FD promotion starts during the course of your stay you can be eligible to add it for your whole stay. I have also read that you must check in after the FD start date in order to qualify. So, I'm confused. We're tentatively planning on going January 17-27, 2014. IF FD is announced later this year for, say, January 25th through early February, would we be eligible because we'd be staying there on the 25th, or would we have to check in after the 25th?

This all may be moot anyway as they are cutting back the FD promos, but it would be helpful to know just in case. Thank you so much in advance!
No, your checkin day must fall on one of the days the promotion is offered. So with your example, you'd have to check in on the 25th or later.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #638
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones1014 View Post

No, you could not apply the FD discount in that circumstance. Your check in date must fall within the dates of the FD promo. Your check in date would have to be January 25 or after to apply it to your stay, in the example you stated.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #639
sjones1014
Earning My Ears

Quote:
No, your checkin day must fall on one of the days the promotion is offered. So with your example, you'd have to check in on the 25th or later.
Thank you for the speedy response!
Old 05-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #640
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannek View Post
Hi folks.

I just found this board and wanted to say thanks to all of the great people who help by answering questions and providing information..

I am planning my first vacation to Disney World in September (8th-14th) and that led me to these boards and this post. I had a question about the FD plan.

If I'm understanding it correctly, you can book your room now and as long as it's at least 3 nights and you pair it with at least a 2 day park ticket for each person then you can upgrade the reservation to the FD plan after it launches.

It seems that many people from what I've read are waiting until the 6th or the 9th to book their reservations assuming those are the first dates to call in for the FD plan with and without the Disney Visa Card.

Is there a reason to wait until those dates to call and make reservations?
I would think that most people would just make their reservations now and add the FD plan on afterward to assure they get the rooms that they would like... Am I missing something?

Thanks much.
We are going those exact dates too! We booked our resort months ago just to make sure we got the one we wanted, we also have backups though in case ours "sells out" for FD. (We are staying at Pop so I'm not too worried) At this point, I would say booking now or waiting a few days probably wouldn't make that much of a difference... but my thought process is it might be easier for them to add on the FD as opposed to making a whole new ressie... but on the other hand, that probably doesn't make much of a difference anyway... so, to complete my circle of though, whichever you would like should work fine (Boy I over-thinked that one!)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:28 PM   #641
GastonTheGreat
Earning My Ears

I know this is the free dining forum but I trust Disney411 and Black's info...

Any updates on a discount during the last week of August or is it still quiet on that front?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:33 PM   #642
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post

Any updates on a discount during the last week of August or is it still quiet on that front?
Nothing new aside from what I posted earlier. I have a feeling this will be a quiet one that just shows up. They have dropped both free dining and room discounts on the same day, so it wouldn't be out of the ordinary. Plus when folks called for August dates, the cm would have something to offer. I suppose we will see....
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #643
JVig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post

I don't have any special insider knowledge, and I know I've read that sometimes you can't trust what you hear from the CMs on the phone, but I literally 5 minutes ago hung up with a CM who said "possibly as soon as next week, but definitely sometime in the next 3 weeks" (how's that for certainty?) there would be room only discounts offered for the late August/early September period.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #644
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVig View Post

I don't have any special insider knowledge, and I know I've read that sometimes you can't trust what you hear from the CMs on the phone, but I literally 5 minutes ago hung up with a CM who said "possibly as soon as next week, but definitely sometime in the next 3 weeks" (how's that for certainty?) there would be room only discounts offered for the late August/early September period.
Haha you should've asked if they heard about it here. A lot of times that's what happens.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #645
JVig
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Haha you should've asked if they heard about it here. A lot of times that's what happens.

I actually called because I read on Mousesavers that I could get a 10% discount with AAA, so I wanted to add that. Mousesavers failed to mention that does not apply to LM AoA rooms.

The CM I spoke with very clearly told me there would be no discount offered for my current rooms, but very nicely told me there will soon be a discount and suggested I should upgrade to Port of Orleans Riverside Royal Guest rooms with a discount when it becomes available. Which I'm pretty sure would cost me a heck of a lot more!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: