Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #571
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

I have never booked over the phone, so I have a few questions and would love input if anyone has any opinions.

1) Like a few posters above me, how will we get the code for FD - will it be posted on May 6? I'm happy to say my fiance has a Disney Visa so I'll be calling at 7AM!

2) As I said above, it is not my Visa, but hell would freeze over if my fiance woke up at 7AM, let alone sit on hold with Disney making our reservations, so I will be calling. Is it going to be a problem that I'm making the reservation with his Visa? I think I read somewhere that they don't really care what you make the reservation with as long as the trip is paid off, but I just wanted to be sure I won't have to speak in a man's voice when making our reservations

3) I haven't really read anything about people booking their flights with Disney. Last year I booked through AAA and they took care of everything for us and just gave us the confirmation numbers so I was able to confirm our reservations myself online. I'm assuming it will work the same way with Disney booking it for us?

Thank you so much everyone for all of the helpful tips and information. I don't know how I would be able to book these trips without all of you!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 05-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #572
malacajo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmia View Post
So how will I find the FD PIN on May 9th? Do you think it'll be posted on this board at 7am EST?
There won't be a PIN, it'll just be a discount that Disney is offering!!! You can just call!
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #573
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh View Post
I have never booked over the phone, so I have a few questions and would love input if anyone has any opinions.

1) Like a few posters above me, how will we get the code for FD - will it be posted on May 6? I'm happy to say my fiance has a Disney Visa so I'll be calling at 7AM!

2) As I said above, it is not my Visa, but hell would freeze over if my fiance woke up at 7AM, let alone sit on hold with Disney making our reservations, so I will be calling. Is it going to be a problem that I'm making the reservation with his Visa? I think I read somewhere that they don't really care what you make the reservation with as long as the trip is paid off, but I just wanted to be sure I won't have to speak in a man's voice when making our reservations

3) I haven't really read anything about people booking their flights with Disney. Last year I booked through AAA and they took care of everything for us and just gave us the confirmation numbers so I was able to confirm our reservations myself online. I'm assuming it will work the same way with Disney booking it for us?

Thank you so much everyone for all of the helpful tips and information. I don't know how I would be able to book these trips without all of you!
1. Don't worry about a code. Just tell them you want free dining and if they don't know then they will find out.

2. I don't see that as a problem but worst case you'd have to wake him up to tell them it was his.

3. I would assume as such.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #574
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malacajo View Post

There won't be a PIN, it'll just be a discount that Disney is offering!!! You can just call!
I think they meant FD code. There will be specific codes, and they will be all over the boards, but you most like wont need the code to book.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #575
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I think they meant FD code. There will be specific codes, and they will be all over the boards, but you most like wont need the code to book.
You never need the code for the public offer
Old 05-03-2013, 09:49 AM   #576
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnieatepooh View Post

1. You won't need the code, just the DV CC number in hand.

2. As long as both of your names are on the reservation it won't be an issue.

3. You can book air through Disney, but they are usually MUCH higher than if you book your air yourself. You can book your air on your own and then call back and have your flight info added to your reservation.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:50 AM   #577
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruisegal View Post
We are staying at the Beach Club October 14 through the 18th, does anyone know if Columbus Day week has been blocked out in the past?

I read in a past post that May 6th would be the first day to call for Disney Visa card holders... is that the consensus?

I'm surprised they offer free dining during the Food and Wine Fest.

...I just read the OP, looks like the dates are only going out to September. Good luck to all you September people, I will continue waiting with the other October people.

May 6 is for Sept free dining. I read nothing about it being extended to include October. With this year-- so far only sept has seen any offers like that
Old 05-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #578
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
1. Don't worry about a code. Just tell them you want free dining and if they don't know then they will find out.

2. I don't see that as a problem but worst case you'd have to wake him up to tell them it was his.

3. I would assume as such.
Thank you! Nervousness = gone.

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 05-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #579
winnieatepooh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
1. You won't need the code, just the DV CC number in hand.

2. As long as both of your names are on the reservation it won't be an issue.

3. You can book air through Disney, but they are usually MUCH higher than if you book your air yourself. You can book your air on your own and then call back and have your flight info added to your reservation.
Thank you! I'll need to do a final comparison for flight prices...as it is now, they are about the same if I did it myself compared to the disney site, but I will double check to make sure I'm not overpaying. Thanks again!

2013 - POP
2012 - CSR
2011 - Off Site
2005 - Off Site
1998 - Off Site
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 AM   #580
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneycruisegal View Post
We are staying at the Beach Club October 14 through the 18th, does anyone know if Columbus Day week has been blocked out in the past?

I read in a past post that May 6th would be the first day to call for Disney Visa card holders... is that the consensus?

I'm surprised they offer free dining during the Food and Wine Fest.

...I just read the OP, looks like the dates are only going out to September. Good luck to all you September people, I will continue waiting with the other October people.
The October - December FD dates are not released annually until around July, sometimes August.

Columbus Day/Week is almost always blacked out for discounts, has been the last 4 years. The second and third weeks of October are generally going to be blacked out due to many school fall breaks and a lot of conventions are held at WDW during that time and they don't need to fill resort rooms. If FD is offered for October it will probably be October 1-5 or 6 and October 19 or 20 - 31.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #581
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian70 View Post
I know everyone says we will know when they release free dining for visa because it will be all over the boards, but how do the people talking about it on the boards find out so they know that morning? The visa reward site, or do they just call every morning until a CM says yes it has been released? Because according to a lot of people's experience, many CMs do not know. I know it's usually three days prior, but do people check somehow to make sure it's not already released earlier? This is my first post so forgive me if I have done anything incorrectly
The DV FD info is usually leaked the night before, usually by TAs.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #582
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2AidanAndEli View Post

Actually, if you're upgrading 4 people from QS to DDP for a Value, it's probably about the same price as a moderate. When we priced it out for our family of four it made no sense to stay at an AS and upgrade. Upgrade is about $18 per person x 4 = $72 per day. Came out to only about $100 difference for the whole 6 nights to go moderate instead.
Just depends on the family make up and what type of rooms and how many rooms. We have a large family and need 2 connecting rooms, so it's almost a $1000 cheaper for us to stay value and upgrade the FD.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 AM   #583
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaTN View Post
We are going October 6-11... Anyone know what the likelihood of these dates to be included??
If free dining is offered for that timeframe this year, it would probably be for October 1-5 or 6 and October 19 or 20-31, give or take a day.

Last edited by TheDisney411; 05-03-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #584
jska482
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The October - December FD dates are not released annually until around July, sometimes August.

Columbus Day/Week is almost always blacked out for discounts, has been the last 4 years. The second and third weeks of October are generally going to be blacked out due to many school fall breaks and a lot of conventions are held at WDW during that time and they don't need to fill resort rooms. If FD is offered for October it will probably be October 1-5 or 6 and October 19 or 20 - 31.
Oh I hope you are right for my dates!!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #585
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post

Oh I hope you are right for my dates!!
Me too :-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: