Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 PM   #556
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Nope, still a value resort, and that's QS only.

Yea I know..it's crazy, but they are suites and some folks love 'em.
I figured...but one can wish lol...oh well POR it is for our 5!! I'd love the extra space of the suite but free dining always works best for us as we are 4 Disney adults and only one child. And, we eat a lot od TS meals...it's DH's one request so I need to keep him happy so I can keep going So, QS won't cut it for us Thanks for the answer! I am just going to be on pins and needles for the next few months until FD does or doesn't get released for end Oct!

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #557
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
I figured...but one can wish lol...oh well POR it is for our 5!! I'd love the extra space of the suite but free dining always works best for us as we are 4 Disney adults and only one child. And, we eat a lot od TS meals...it's DH's one request so I need to keep him happy so I can keep going So, QS won't cut it for us Thanks for the answer! I am just going to be on pins and needles for the next few months until FD does or doesn't get released for end Oct!
Not sure if it is possible for your budget but you can always stay there and pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP. We are staying at ASMo and paying the difference to get the DDP.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #558
mom18
Mouseketeer

Saying that some of these CM are clueless about FD when it comes out, but is it safe to say that of some of them don't know about it, it should only be the day that FD comes out for DV?
I would think that they would all already know about it by the time it is released to the GP?
I just wonder if I should be prepared (or, maybe my TA) to push the issue if a CM says there is no FD.. I know this is probably a silly question to ask, just trying to cover it all!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #559
LisaTN
DIS Veteran

We are going October 6-11... Anyone know what the likelihood of these dates to be included??
2005 - Coronado Springs (couples trip with my then fiance, now DH)
Nov 2011 - POR, DDs first trip
Feb 2012 - POR
Feb 2013 - POR
July 29-August 3, 2013 - Bonnet Creek
August 3 - August 6th, 2013 - Pop Century
Oct 6-11, 2013 - Pop Century, MNSSHP
February 2-7, AoA, Cars Suite
May 23-25 - Sarratoga Springs, Treehouses
June 6-12 Art of Animation, Little Mermaid Room
*** September 21-28th, POR
*** June 1-5 Disney Dream Cruise, First Cruise!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:49 PM   #560
cart-mom
Busy Scout Mom

You would be surprised at how little the CM's are told until right before a new promotion comes out. There are severe penalties if a CM is found to have leaked information early.

Old 05-03-2013, 06:17 AM   #561
mom2AidanAndEli
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
Not sure if it is possible for your budget but you can always stay there and pay the difference to upgrade to the DDP. We are staying at ASMo and paying the difference to get the DDP.
Actually, if you're upgrading 4 people from QS to DDP for a Value, it's probably about the same price as a moderate. When we priced it out for our family of four it made no sense to stay at an AS and upgrade. Upgrade is about $18 per person x 4 = $72 per day. Came out to only about $100 difference for the whole 6 nights to go moderate instead.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #562
Adrian70
Earning My Ears

I know everyone says we will know when they release free dining for visa because it will be all over the boards, but how do the people talking about it on the boards find out so they know that morning? The visa reward site, or do they just call every morning until a CM says yes it has been released? Because according to a lot of people's experience, many CMs do not know. I know it's usually three days prior, but do people check somehow to make sure it's not already released earlier? This is my first post so forgive me if I have done anything incorrectly
Old 05-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #563
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart-mom View Post
You would be surprised at how little the CM's are told until right before a new promotion comes out. There are severe penalties if a CM is found to have leaked information early.
Yea. The first few callers that morning will be in for a slow booking while they get into the swing of things.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-03-2013, 07:54 AM   #564
mouserrificmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post

We are also a family of 5 where only one of our kids is still a 'kid' in Disney pricing - no matter how I slice it, POR always comes out the least expensive. Even when splitting rooms with my parents - with the upgrade cost of 4 adults, the difference between the two are too negligible to make a difference.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #565
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Do you know the minimum number of nights this time?
Old 05-03-2013, 08:25 AM   #566
mcurran
Off to neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
Minimum 3 nights, max 14 nights. Must buy at least a 2-day tickets for each person.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #567
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

So how will I find the FD PIN on May 9th? Do you think it'll be posted on this board at 7am EST?
Old 05-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #568
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

It's just hard to predict anymore. The week night hard ticket parties almost never used to sell out, except for opening and closing nights, many of the parties, even on week nights sold out last year. I'm sure I have a list of sell out nights from last year somewhere, I'll see if I can find it and maybe have some more specific insight for certain dates.
Okay, the 2 MVMCP the week before Thanksgiving last year sold out. I would assume a lot of people bought those tickets so the could experience the party since it does not show during Thanksgiving week.

There have been a ton of questions about crowds on MNSSHP and MVMCP nights. Generally the week nights for MNSSHP are going to be less crowded then weekend nights - locals come in on the weekends and make the crowds larger. There is little chance that the September MNSSHP nights will sell out, but weekends will have higher crowds.

The October MNSSHP week nights will also be less crowded than weekend nights. But in October there is going to be a higher chance of weekends selling out and as you get closer to Halloween there are going to be a lot of sell out nights. Halloween night will ALWAYS sell out and November 1 probably will too.

There are not as many MVMCP dates and more of them will sell out. The majority of the November dates did sell out last year. The early December MVMCP weeknights should have slightly less crowds than weekends. The last week of the MVMCP will all most likely sell out.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:17 AM   #569
disneycruisegal
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Beach Club October 14 through the 18th, does anyone know if Columbus Day week has been blocked out in the past?

I read in a past post that May 6th would be the first day to call for Disney Visa card holders... is that the consensus?

I'm surprised they offer free dining during the Food and Wine Fest.

...I just read the OP, looks like the dates are only going out to September. Good luck to all you September people, I will continue waiting with the other October people.

Last edited by disneycruisegal; 05-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #570
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmily1 View Post
All FD promos have a 3 night minimum and 14 night maximum booking.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: