Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #541
Mem5793
Earning My Ears

Free dining

I am taking my whole family, daughter and son-in-law and two kids, my son and daughter-in-law and their two kids and my husband and myself. We are booked at the Beach Resort from 9/22 to 9/28. All of our dining reservations are made. We have all gone to Disney for the past 4 years and always had free dining. I was a little disappointed that it was not offered this year. Then I came across this wonderful site. It is very informative. I called Disney today. The CM said she didn't know anything about free dining. She asked me if my trip was on a Disney Visa Card. I said it was. She told me to check the vis website early next week as it might be posted there before the notice go out. So now I am very exited that I might save $2,600. If it was not for this site I probably would not have pursued this so I thank you very much. This site is very informative.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #542
nkereina
Wendy Darling

I'm late to the party on this, but what's the analysis on how this free dining stacks up to years past? I haven't been paying much attention to the discounts yet, but we are going in November and I am hoping for free dining then. It has fallen the week we are going in the past, but I read they were limiting the free dining offerings this year. Curious how this announcement for September compares?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #543
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I'm late to the party on this, but what's the analysis on how this free dining stacks up to years past? I haven't been paying much attention to the discounts yet, but we are going in November and I am hoping for free dining then. It has fallen the week we are going in the past, but I read they were limiting the free dining offerings this year. Curious how this announcement for September compares?
The September free dining has usually at least included the last week of August. This year it did not, and this could be for various reasons, including Disney trimming discount offerings a bit. As for what it means in November is too soon to tell. If bookings are soft, it is certainly in their arsenal to offer free dining as a promotion to fill some rooms.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #544
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mem5793 View Post
I am taking my whole family, daughter and son-in-law and two kids, my son and daughter-in-law and their two kids and my husband and myself. We are booked at the Beach Resort from 9/22 to 9/28. All of our dining reservations are made. We have all gone to Disney for the past 4 years and always had free dining. I was a little disappointed that it was not offered this year. Then I came across this wonderful site. It is very informative. I called Disney today. The CM said she didn't know anything about free dining. She asked me if my trip was on a Disney Visa Card. I said it was. She told me to check the vis website early next week as it might be posted there before the notice go out. So now I am very exited that I might save $2,600. If it was not for this site I probably would not have pursued this so I thank you very much. This site is very informative.
You'll hear about it here long before Disney visa gets around to announcing it on their website or by email. They are usually late to the game.

Also, I always call right at 7 am on the first day and have never had a CM that didn't know about it.
Usually, I don't even have to give the code...they just know because they have had calls before me.
Possibly only the first caller for each CM could get a clueless one, but once the calls start rolling in, they know what's going on (and maybe have gotten the inter-company email by then. )
Old 05-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #545
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
You'll hear about it here long before Disney visa gets around to announcing it on their website or by email. They are usually late to the game.

Also, I always call right at 7 am on the first day and have never had a CM that didn't know about it.
Usually, I don't even have to give the code...they just know because they have had calls before me.
Possibly only the first caller for each CM could get a clueless one, but once the calls start rolling in, they know what's going on (and maybe have gotten the inter-company email by then. )
Yea you're lucky. I can call at 10am and get a CM who has no idea. I've even gotten one before that said they have never given dining away for free. Really? Ya may wanna ask your super about that one.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 PM   #546
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I won't be able to call til around 7:45 after I get to work.

Anyone else gonna be late getting on the phone?

It used to be 6am but I leave for work at 7.

Not too concerned though. I just want a moderate and not too picky about which one. I bet the first half hour is mostly for AOA.
I am calling on the 9th at 7am unless news comes that it's earlier.

I checked with the boss about it-- Disney bargains are considered family emergencies worth changing hours for. Of course, I work for myself as a freelancer, so I rarely have any problems with the boss

Seriously, though... I *really* want a PORS room desperately. There are 5 of us and it's the only room that will accommodate us in our budget range.

I can't afford to upgrade and the whole reason we saved and worked so hard for this trip was we wanted to *not* stay at a value resort or campground for once.

Our back up plan if we can't get FD is keeping our PORS room-only ressies (we got a FL resident discount rate), getting our tickets at FL resident discount rate, and paying OOP for food (plus bringing a couple of grocery bags of cereal, juice boxes, non-perishable snacks, & PBJ to keep food costs down). That's what our original budget planned for.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #547
mjohn9083
Earning My Ears

I got a pin code via email last week for discounted room with dates thru August 18th, called WDW and told them I am more interested in a later September trip ... Cast member told me to call back after May 11th and that some "pixie dust" may grant my wish for FREE DINING!!

Previous WDW Trips:

July 2008 /HS Senior Trip/ Offsite
March 2011 / Sorority Spring Break/ AKL - Free Upgrade from ASMo
Sept 2012 /Family Vacation/ Polynesian
Sept 2014 /1st Trip With DH/ Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 09:07 PM   #548
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

Quote:

Not too concerned though. I just want a moderate and not too picky about which one. I bet the first half hour is mostly for AOA.
Don't say that. That's where I'm booked to stay. Keeping my fingers crossed there will still be a suite available for FD when I call at 6am CST May 9.

Where is the best place to find the FD pin once its open to General Public that morning? Will it be different then the visa pin?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 PM   #549
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmia View Post
Don't say that. That's where I'm booked to stay. Keeping my fingers crossed there will still be a suite available for FD when I call at 6am CST May 9.

Where is the best place to find the FD pin once its open to General Public that morning? Will it be different then the visa pin?
Ok, let me change that....people will be booking AOA and POFQ. I'm sure making alot of friends by saying this.

No, seriously, everyone is going to go after the LM rooms, then the suites. The moderate folks are going to clammer for POFQ rooms since that's the smallest resort. After all those resorts fill, Pop is usually the next one everyone requests.

I don't like POFQ, so I'm good with any of the other moderates. Remember, it may feel like thousands have called in, but it's more like a couple hundred. It takes quite a while to complete a booking, so the queue waits and waits and waits....but the only folks that know are the die hards like us because Visa won't send that email until around noon.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #550
doccoc2002
DIS Veteran

We are staying Sept 10th-23rd at POR Royal rooms. Can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

MeDHDD9DD7DD3
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #551
AndreaA
Mouseketeer

So, I am already booked at the Villas @ Wilderness Lodge, through my friend who is a travel agent. She said she has already cleared her schedule for the 9th so that she can call.

My question is, what are my chances? Do they "sell out" before that, even if I'm already booked? Should I sign up for the stupid Disney Visa Card in order to get in earlier (and would that even be possible?) and add it myself?

Thanks for any info.

Wilderness Lodge - Oct.2012
Villas @ WL - Sept.2013

Contemporary - Jan. 2015
Villas @ WL - Nov. 2015
Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #552
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Yea you're lucky. I can call at 10am and get a CM who has no idea. I've even gotten one before that said they have never given dining away for free. Really? Ya may wanna ask your super about that one.
That is FANTASTIC!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 PM   #553
LOVEMY3KIDDOS
DIS Veteran

Question...and I think I already know the answer...but...

Since AOA Suites are really more costly than staying at a Mod like POR, would they be free regular dining or still QS? For the cost of those rooms, it should be regular! LOL But I'm guessing it'll be QS

Check out my etsy shop: WallScraps for handmade personalized Disney autograph books, countdowns and scrapbooks!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #554
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi Tarheel Mom! We have two things in common.....I am in NC and not very good at waiting either. Our dates are 10-20 to 10-25 so I guess we can wait together until July...ugh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
In North Carolina here, too - Holly Springs (near Raleigh). Wish I lived closer to The Mouse, but probably just as well that I don't - would probably be signing over my paycheck to Disney!
Hey, my Tarheel neighbors! I'm near Goldsboro so not too far from you Sylkie (maybe 1 1/2 hours?). My son plays weekend travel baseball at Middle Creek School so I'm a little familiar with the area. I'm sooo hoping for FD in November or we may have to change to off-site. Fingers crossed we hear something in a couple months!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 10:00 PM   #555
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOVEMY3KIDDOS View Post
Question...and I think I already know the answer...but...

Since AOA Suites are really more costly than staying at a Mod like POR, would they be free regular dining or still QS? For the cost of those rooms, it should be regular! LOL But I'm guessing it'll be QS
Nope, still a value resort, and that's QS only.

Yea I know..it's crazy, but they are suites and some folks love 'em.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: