Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #526
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
Last time we did MNSSHP we skipped the Characters. DS was also terrified of the characters, so we didn't feel the need. So this time it will be different if DS wants to do the characters. Either way it will be a blast. Last time DH and DS left about 10:30pm and DD and I went and did all the rides. Rode Space Mtn like 4 times in a row with the only wait being the walk around to the entrance. Got piles and piles of candy. We are still thinking on costumes for this year.
We always do kind of a mix... we usually don't use a day ticket, we just enter when it opens at 4. And we love that the rides are practically walk-right-on.

We decide who is THE priority character for us and we get in that line early (6:15). By the time they come out at 7, we're done by 7:10 and on our way.

We always go to see the villains show, so we go right after the 2nd parade to the last one and get in line up front for the character we want to meet.

For the rest of the night, we just go by the lines... if we go by and a line is short (10 min or less) and we feel like waiting; we wait. If not, not big deal. We'll get 'em next time. We also split up a lot, so if a couple of people really want to get in line for Donald Duck, they can go do it; the others will jump on a ride.

Same thing with the candy-- if we're passing a candy station & the line is short, we jump on it for fun. If not, no big deal-- we don't need to waste time at Disney waiting on line for candy... I mean, heck, we can get candy at home for Halloween! Disney time is precious and limited!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 PM   #527
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattyKoda View Post
If you are going to do the 7 Dwarfs (do they do Snow White with them too now?), I would strong suggest getting in line for when they first come out (7:00 PM). We got in line about 6:00 PM and were done at 7:05. It's by far our favorite picture.
We did that too... best way to do it I think. We even double time by getting our QS dinner (something quick & easy like a hot dog or turkey leg) on the way to the Dwarf line, then we just plop down and eat it while we're waiting, and rest the feet for a bit... if we have to add any costume elements or put on some make up packed away we'll do that while we wait.

Saves a lot of time and then as soon as the party starts you're off & running.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 PM   #528
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

I hope everyone will post there experience adding the free dining on May 9th or 6th for the disney visa holders. I'm still in the hopes of fd the second week of November and if it happens I'll need to know how to deal with the cms who will state they don't know about it. I think in 2011 I added the free dining but it had already been out for the gp about a week and still had no problems getting a room. I was staying at pop at the time.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #529
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I hope everyone will post there experience adding the free dining on May 9th or 6th for the disney visa holders. I'm still in the hopes of fd the second week of November and if it happens I'll need to know how to deal with the cms who will state they don't know about it. I think in 2011 I added the free dining but it had already been out for the gp about a week and still had no problems getting a room. I was staying at pop at the time.
I plan to let you guys know how it goes... I really can't wait to get this added on... I get so stressed waiting for things like this!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:17 PM   #530
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
I plan to let you guys know how it goes... I really can't wait to get this added on... I get so stressed waiting for things like this!
I'm sure once you get it added you probably be doing a major happy dance. I know I would.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #531
monorailrabbit

Quote:
I'm sure once you get it added you probably be doing a major happy dance. I know I would.
Oh you bet there will be some happy dancing going on over here - right in the middle of my cubicle! You should have seen me the day before I could do ADRs! I was driving myself crazy - I got all the ones I wanted though! Score!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #532
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I know, me too... I need it booked solid, signed sealed & delivered, then I can relax. Until then it's just worry worry worry lol.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:29 PM   #533
babydoll65

Quote:
Oh you bet there will be some happy dancing going on over here - right in the middle of my cubicle! You should have seen me the day before I could do ADRs! I was driving myself crazy - I got all the ones I wanted though! Score!!!
LOL, good for you and I hope it will work for you just as well this time too. I can make my adrs on May 14th. So I will put in all the ones i want and hope for the best on fd know November

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #534
PirateFuzzball
Earning My Ears

We're going mid Oct. I'm hoping we'll end up with free dining. If we don't at least we were able to get our ADRs sorted.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #535
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

So the Disney phones open at 7am Florida time? For some reason I thought it was 8am and I would call 7am my time. I'm in Texas.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #536
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmia View Post
So the Disney phones open at 7am Florida time? For some reason I thought it was 8am and I would call 7am my time. I'm in Texas.
Yes 7 am EST.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #537
monorailrabbit

Quote:
LOL, good for you and I hope it will work for you just as well this time too. I can make my adrs on May 14th. So I will put in all the ones i want and hope for the best on fd know November
good luck!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #538
acwaters
Earning My Ears

i am so stressed too! I thought becoming a visa card holder would make me less stressed but i think since i don't know the exact release date for visa holders i am freaking out even more LOL.
Quote:
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #539
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I won't be able to call til around 7:45 after I get to work.

Anyone else gonna be late getting on the phone?

It used to be 6am but I leave for work at 7.

Not too concerned though. I just want a moderate and not too picky about which one. I bet the first half hour is mostly for AOA.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 05-02-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #540
monorailrabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I won't be able to call til around 7:45 after I get to work.

Anyone else gonna be late getting on the phone?

It used to be 6am but I leave for work at 7.

Not too concerned though. I just want a moderate and not too picky about which one. I bet the first half hour is mostly for AOA.
Well I'm in Central Time... I also work 2nd shift so I will be waking up just to get this done. I'm in Pop so it shouldn't be too much trouble ...I hope

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: