Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #436
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

We always just get 2 connecting value rooms, it's much cheaper.
We can't do that yet...our kids are still too young.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #437
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
It's crazy busy at my house with end of year school activities and sports - lots and lots of sports - baseball, volleyball, soccer. Plus trying to write my weekly travel blog posts and keep up with household stuff. I'm ready for some summertime!

There's on minimum occupancy for any room or discounts to be applied to a room.
Thanks!! And 411, hope you get some you time soon!!
I know, better said than done.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #438
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

We can't do that yet...our kids are still too young.
Been getting two connecting rooms at Disney since our kids were 2, 3, 4 and 6 :-). We just left the door open and hubby would sleep in one room with 2 kids and I would sleep in the other room with 2 kids.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #439
mickeyandminnie0515
Earning My Ears

New at this! Let me see if I can world this right. Booked full package at POR preferred room. I am not a Disney Visa card holder and I can't be What I want to know is I would really rather be in a Royal Guest room but am afraid to change rooms now not knowing what rooms will be included in the FD. Help please. Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:20 AM   #440
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyandminnie0515 View Post
New at this! Let me see if I can world this right. Booked full package at POR preferred room. I am not a Disney Visa card holder and I can't be What I want to know is I would really rather be in a Royal Guest room but am afraid to change rooms now not knowing what rooms will be included in the FD. Help please. Any suggestions?
At this point I would wait until you call before making any changes. They will open up more rooms on the 9th for the public release as well.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #441
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

We booked our ADRs to get prepared. That's one thing I hate is planning where I'll be eating ahead of time like that, I'm not one to go by a schedule like that. But, we figured what park we'd go to each day based on EMH, MNSSHP & F&WF...

We're doing breakfast buffets: 1900 Park, Chef Mickeys & Ohanas.

On big mid-day late lunch/early dinner at the Sci Fi theater at HS.

And dinner at 1900 park, Garden Grill at Epcot & Planet Hollywood.

Most of these we've never been to; this is more character meals in 1 trip than I think we've done in 5 years of being Disney regulars. This is very exciting, I'm just going to be on edge now until we actually have a lock on a FD package.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #442
mjmpoohfamily
Earning My Ears

So this is my second post and I'm copying and pasting from a different thread because it seems like a lot of vets and good advice being thrown out here. I have been stalking this thread for a while but wasn't sure if I was going to post, but I really enjoy what is being said. I am also very thankful for all the updates and I'm excited about free dining, although we will be doing an upgrade to get table service. Ok so here is the other post I made:

"Hi this is my first time posting on any of these boards. This will be mine and my husband's second time going to Disney World. Our first time was in December 2012 for Christmas. We had a blast and it was just the two of us. Our 9 year old didn't want to go because he didn't want to miss school. So cute but who does that. So since we got back we are going through withdrawls. So we decided to do milestone birthday's as a good way to *justify* going back to Disney. So 1st up is our son's 10th birthday. We are leaving friday the 13th around 9 pm for a 12 hour drive. He has know idea that we are going. We went around and around about how to tell him and we decided that once he is asleep he stays asleep (in the car), so why not drive all night and wake him up by saying SURPRISE we are in Disney for your birthday week. So we are coming September 14-20 2013. Oh did I mention it's also his 1st trip. He is (along with us) a big Pooh fan. So we booked for his actual birthday September 15 a breakfast at Crystal Palace with the Winnie the Pooh characters. We also have Chef Mickey's and Tuskers planned. We also will be doing the TSDP, are there any suggestions on places to eat that we missed? Also any tips on making this not only the best birthday trip but the most exciting 1st trip? Thank you for any input."

Again thank you for any insights and sorry for the half novel. We are also booked and paid for the LM room. If when we call on (fingers crossed) the 9th and the room isn't available for FD can we use the money we already paid to apply it to another room that does offer FD?

Me DH DS (9)

2012: POP Century ..... 1st trip EVER!!!!!! just me and the husband 2013: All-Star Movies ...... 1st trip EVER for our son for his birthday!!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #443
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Oh I have all sorts of goodies!!!

I have to ask, is THAT the hotel phone?

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
Old 05-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #444
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

I have to ask, is THAT the hotel phone?
From the Poly yes.....
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #445
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
From the Poly yes.....
OMG,that's funny. Boy why didn't I think of that . All I have taken is the soap and shampoo. The only thing I still own to this day was a mug I got on my first trip in 1977. It was made of what I think they call today as milk glass. It had my name and the castle. But it has worn off now.

77,79,88 OS89,92 FW96 ASM05 OS07,09,11 POP13 POFQ/POR2015 POP
DAD(50), MOM(49) ,SON(17)
Old 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #446
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

OMG,that's funny. Boy why didn't I think of that . All I have taken is the soap and shampoo. The only thing I still own to this day was a mug I got on my first trip in 1977. It was made of what I think they call today as milk glass. It had my name and the castle. But it has worn off now.
Haha well I'm glad to say it didn't slip itself into my luggage. I bought it for six bucks when they sold it from surplus after a renovation. I also got a comforter from ASM as well.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #447
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmpoohfamily View Post
So this is my second post and I'm copying and pasting from a different thread because it seems like a lot of vets and good advice being thrown out here. I have been stalking this thread for a while but wasn't sure if I was going to post, but I really enjoy what is being said. I am also very thankful for all the updates and I'm excited about free dining, although we will be doing an upgrade to get table service. Ok so here is the other post I made:

"Hi this is my first time posting on any of these boards. This will be mine and my husband's second time going to Disney World. Our first time was in December 2012 for Christmas. We had a blast and it was just the two of us. Our 9 year old didn't want to go because he didn't want to miss school. So cute but who does that. So since we got back we are going through withdrawls. So we decided to do milestone birthday's as a good way to *justify* going back to Disney. So 1st up is our son's 10th birthday. We are leaving friday the 13th around 9 pm for a 12 hour drive. He has know idea that we are going. We went around and around about how to tell him and we decided that once he is asleep he stays asleep (in the car), so why not drive all night and wake him up by saying SURPRISE we are in Disney for your birthday week. So we are coming September 14-20 2013. Oh did I mention it's also his 1st trip. He is (along with us) a big Pooh fan. So we booked for his actual birthday September 15 a breakfast at Crystal Palace with the Winnie the Pooh characters. We also have Chef Mickey's and Tuskers planned. We also will be doing the TSDP, are there any suggestions on places to eat that we missed? Also any tips on making this not only the best birthday trip but the most exciting 1st trip? Thank you for any input."

Again thank you for any insights and sorry for the half novel. We are also booked and paid for the LM room. If when we call on (fingers crossed) the 9th and the room isn't available for FD can we use the money we already paid to apply it to another room that does offer FD?
Sounds so fun and special!!! When you check in they will probably ask you, but ask for a birthday button and wear it the whole time your there. When you make an ADR, tell them you are celebrating a birthday, or if doing in online, check the box. They always bring a special dessert for the birthday person. They also have cakes to purchase with no advance notice for around $20 or they have more elaborate ones you can order in advance online.
Also get a my 1st visit button. Depending on how over the top you want to go, you can also have Disney merchandise/balloons package delivered to your room for a surprise present all the way to having a character experience I believe, but that was really expensive.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 05-02-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: thought of more things to add
Old 05-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #448
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Cna't answer all of your questions but I am sure they will be by someone here.

Where are you staying?

When making reservations if staying onsite and for the ADR to Crystal Palace be sure to tell them that you are there to celebrate DS' bday. Also when you check in ask for a bday pin for him. It's just a regular pin that shows he is celebrating his bday. While it does not guarantee anything he "may" get doted on or extra attention because of it. They have different pins for different special occasions. He could also get one for his first visit. WDW also has a special cake line that you can order special personalized celebration cakes that they will deliver to your meal or (I think) your resort. I have that number if you're interested.

Have fun! We are also surprising our dd and ds with a trip 9-16 and dd will turn 5 on 9-17. We are planning a bday dinner at Askerhus with the princesses.

Sorry for the duplicate advice, Plutospal types faster than me!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:32 AM   #449
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
Cna't answer all of your questions but I am sure they will be by someone here.

Where are you staying?

When making reservations if staying onsite and for the ADR to Crystal Palace be sure to tell them that you are there to celebrate DS' bday. Also when you check in ask for a bday pin for him. It's just a regular pin that shows he is celebrating his bday. While it does not guarantee anything he "may" get doted on or extra attention because of it. They have different pins for different special occasions. He could also get one for his first visit. WDW also has a special cake line that you can order special personalized celebration cakes that they will deliver to your meal or (I think) your resort. I have that number if you're interested.

Have fun! We are also surprising our dd and ds with a trip 9-16 and dd will turn 5 on 9-17. We are planning a bday dinner at Askerhus with the princesses.

Sorry for the duplicate advice, Plutospal types faster than me!
It's always better to have more input than less. The more the merrier! There is always something I leave out and then I'll read somebody elses post and say, Oh yeah, I forgot that! Birthdays are so much fun at WDW. We are celebrating DD's 5 at CRT and DS's 2 at Tusker House.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 05-02-2013 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Thought of something else to add
Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #450
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

To add the FD discount to your existing reservation you have to be booked under a Magic Your Way Package that at least includes room and tickets. If your are booked under a room only reservation you would have to cancel that reservation and rebook under a package reservation.

If you are booked under a package reservation you will simply call Disney reservations and they will add the FD discount code and credit you the difference. The Little Mermaid rooms are rarely included in discounts, but if they are available, they will add the discount to your reservation. It's good to always have a back up room category and/or resort when you call. If you have to switch resorts you still will not have to rebook and your reservation number will stay the same.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: