Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 08:36 AM   #421
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Disney Fan View Post
1) My understanding is that the credit card is only there to hold the reservation. They are not actually charging it when you use it to secure a dining. What I was told is that they do this because so many people would just reserve and then not cancel. So, when you show up, the whole bill will actually be on the free dining plan. I have already booked for Free dining with a bounce back offer and while i have free dining, they still required the credit card holds.

2) In the old days, they had quite the exchange program. However, last September when we went, this is how it was. You could use a TS for a counter service (that would be crazy of course). Now, if you don't use a CS, you can exchange it for 1 --yes, I said 1--snack. And to do this, you had to go to a manger or customer service at the resort to change it up. It was not worth it at all. So we packed up our car with a ton of packaged lunches for our unused CS. In the old days, you would get 3 snacks for CS. Not so anymore. So I would advise you to use them all in the most judicious way.
Good luck.
We did the DxDP in both March & November last year. With the DxDp there is no issue with TS vs CS since you just have 3 Meal Credits per day. We asked about exchanging the 2 remaining meal credits we had left for snack credits before we were about to board ME and were told No. This was at the BWI. We ended up getting 2 turkey sandwiches "to go" and took them with us to the airport. I had heard you could exchange them also and ended up disappointed.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #422
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Ahhh, 411 so glad to see you're back! Thought you might have abandoned us

While I haven't even gone on this trip yet I am thinking about the next. If we are lucky enough to get a bounce back offer this Sept with FD I am going to jump on it. My question is this, is there minimum room occupancy for those offers? I took my oldest daughter on mom/daughter trip when she was 6 and hoping to do the same with the youngest.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2013, 09:11 AM   #423
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

While I haven't even gone on this trip yet I am thinking about the next.
I know what you mean, Plutospal. Every trip to see The Mouse, when visit is over, I'm wondering how soon I'll be able to be back.
I've seen a lot of people who have the dates and places they've stayed in their prior visits to WDW. I wish I had thought to do that 42 year ago. Now I can't even remember exactly how many times I've been there, much less where I stayed on each visit. Doesn't matter how many times I've gone or how old I am though, I still LOVE going to Disney World.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-02-2013, 09:16 AM   #424
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

This year we have a ADR for CP at 8:30 with MK opening at 9 am. It has been a very long time since we've gone to rope drop needless entered for an adr before park opening.

What time should we leave ASMO to be sure to be to the park on time using the bus. Besides showing our reservation to a CM do we need to do anything else in order to get in before the official opening? How early can we get into the park with our reservation?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 AM   #425
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
I know what you mean, Plutospal. Every trip to see The Mouse, when visit is over, I'm wondering how soon I'll be able to be back.
I've seen a lot of people who have the dates and places they've stayed in their prior visits to WDW. I wish I had thought to do that 42 year ago. Now I can't even remember exactly how many times I've been there, much less where I stayed on each visit. Doesn't matter how many times I've gone or how old I am though, I still LOVE going to Disney World.
That's amazing!! Your were there preopening in 1971? Oooo...do have picts?

Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #426
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Yes, they are definitely pricey, those suites are more than a moderate room. I liked the theming of AOA and its a beautiful resort, but I think it's silly to call it a value resort when 3/4 of the resort is more expensive than a moderate resort. We got a FD pin code for the Little Mermaid rooms last Nov/Dec, but I would not have paid full price for those rooms, they are simply too far from the bus and food court.
I was bummed that they were more expensive too. I wanted to stay there but we are only going to be at our resort to sleep so I wasn't willing to pay more to stay there. POFQ fit our budget. So that's where we're staying.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #427
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
That's amazing!! Your were there preopening in 1971? Oooo...do have picts?
Yep - went to the preview center with my parents before the park ever opened (1st yr of college was in Orlando). I'll try to see if I can find my old college pictures - should be some from when we went there. I do remember that the long road in was in the middle of a heavily wooded area - nothing built up around it all. The couple of little towns close by were just that - little as in if you blinked, you might miss it. My, how times have changed!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-02-2013, 09:48 AM   #428
trixiemuffin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Haha, I am right there with you, Sylkie. Lost count of how many times I have visited since 1971. I do remember driving down from Mass. on our first visit, thinking we would just be able to find a hotel when we got there. Our family of 6 (at the time) ended up staying in a tiny unairconditioned camper. One of my little sisters screamed through the entire Haunted Mansion ride. It was a lot scarier back then. I was hooked from the very first visit.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:51 AM   #429
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiemuffin View Post
Haha, I am right there with you, Sylkie. Lost count of how many times I have visited since 1971. I do remember driving down from Mass. on our first visit, thinking we would just be able to find a hotel when we got there. Our family of 6 (at the time) ended up staying in a tiny unairconditioned camper. One of my little sisters screamed through the entire Haunted Mansion ride. It was a lot scarier back then. I was hooked from the very first visit.
I was just going through some old stuff...

| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #430
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Wow - that pic is awesome, Joe! Wish I had thought to save things from my visits like that ... wonder how big the box would have to be to hold all that?

Yay - 10th post. Now I can add a vacation countdown ticker when I post something. Ta-Da!

Disney Fan for Life

Last edited by Sylkie31; 05-02-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #431
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Wow - that pic is awesome, Joe! Wish I had thought to save things from my visits like that ... wonder how big the box would have to be to hold all that?

Yay - 10th post. Now I can add a vacation countdown ticker when I post something.
Oh I have all sorts of goodies!!!

| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #432
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

While I haven't even gone on this trip yet I am thinking about the next. If we are lucky enough to get a bounce back offer this Sept with FD I am going to jump on it. My question is this, is there minimum room occupancy for those offers? I took my oldest daughter on mom/daughter trip when she was 6 and hoping to do the same with the youngest.
It's crazy busy at my house with end of year school activities and sports - lots and lots of sports - baseball, volleyball, soccer. Plus trying to write my weekly travel blog posts and keep up with household stuff. I'm ready for some summertime!

There's on minimum occupancy for any room or discounts to be applied to a room.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #433
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I was bummed that they were more expensive too. I wanted to stay there but we are only going to be at our resort to sleep so I wasn't willing to pay more to stay there. POFQ fit our budget. So that's where we're staying.
I was surprised too! I will be interested to see if once the "newness" wears off, if they will still be as popular? Or, if there really are that many big families to keep them filled. We opted to pay $300 more to stay there rather than AS Mu suite, just because this will probably be our only trip where a suite will be feasible. Our next trip in 2 yrs. our oldest DS will be 15 and oldest DD 12, so will have 2 connecting rms at AS; 1 for boys, 1 for girls.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #434
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibustyle23 View Post
This year we have a ADR for CP at 8:30 with MK opening at 9 am. It has been a very long time since we've gone to rope drop needless entered for an adr before park opening.

What time should we leave ASMO to be sure to be to the park on time using the bus. Besides showing our reservation to a CM do we need to do anything else in order to get in before the official opening? How early can we get into the park with our reservation?
I would leave the resort by about 7:30 am. When you arrive at the park, there will be an early ADR line. You will give them your name and they will let you in then.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:04 AM   #435
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

We always just get 2 connecting value rooms, it's much cheaper.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: