Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #391
serino4disney
Mouseketeer
 
serino4disney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: albuquerque, nm
Posts: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562

For me?

Coral Reef
Chefs de France
Boatrights
Kona
50s Prime Time

I also always do the Garden View Tea Room and pay out of pocket.

If you want signature dining, I like Yachtsman Steakhouse and Artist Point. Plus there's always a soft spot for CRT.

Favorite character breakfast is always Chef Mickeys.
We do have Yachtsman Steakhouse, CRT, and Chef Mickeys. LOL. We also have Sci-Fi, Boma, and H&V.

What/where is Boatrights? Even though I haven't been there I can't believe with all my research that I haven't heard of this.

Also, we're going for two weeks and don't want every single second planned. (We want to enjoy and explore!) However, the type A, controlling, ICU nurse in me comes out and because this is our first experience with a dining plan I don't want anything go to waste.

Have you had any experience with walk-ins or same day reservations?

And thanks for all your awesome time and advice!
__________________

serino4disney is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #392
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,531

.

Last edited by Malibustyle23; 05-01-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Malibustyle23 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-01-2013, 11:59 PM   #393
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by serino4disney View Post

We do have Yachtsman Steakhouse, CRT, and Chef Mickeys. LOL. We also have Sci-Fi, Boma, and H&V.

What/where is Boatrights? Even though I haven't been there I can't believe with all my research that I haven't heard of this.

Also, we're going for two weeks and don't want every single second planned. (We want to enjoy and explore!) However, the type A, controlling, ICU nurse in me comes out and because this is our first experience with a dining plan I don't want anything go to waste.

Have you had any experience with walk-ins or same day reservations?

And thanks for all your awesome time and advice!
I actually have coral Reef twice and also have The Wave and Kouzina.

Boatrights is at Port Orleans Riverside. I eat there and then watch YeeHaw Bob in the lounge. He's the best!!!

Walk ins I wouldn't recommend especially during free dining. Lots will be booked and that's one place to plan. If you do park hoppers, it isn't an issue as I'm hardly ever in the park I'm having dinner. I start the morning in one park and end the day in another. But that comes from being a veteran, I travel about. .
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #394
TarrahA
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 167

Good morning good people!! I have two DP ?'s, not necessarily related to FD -

1) if I make reservations at CRT now & prepay as required & then book a package next week with the DDP, do they apply the DP credits then & refund my prepayment? If not, does it not get refunded until we show up to eat & pay w/ DP?? That's a big chunk of change for a deposit!

2) I heard that starting in 2012 Disney started allowing TS credits to be broken down to QS credit, can you also convert QS to snack credits?? If so, how many credits does that end up as per QS credit? Trying to maximize my F&W "play money"

Thanks all!
TarrahA is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:45 AM   #395
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Back up and running again. I know it was a long shot, but part of me was hoping for an early surprise release date!!
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:50 AM   #396
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Back up and running again. I know it was a long shot, but part of me was hoping for an early surprise release date!!
What, you didn't call in this morning? The rest of us have already booked up all the rooms...

.
.
.
.
.
.
Haha, only kidding.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 06:54 AM   #397
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
What, you didn't call in this morning? The rest of us have already booked up all the rooms...

.
.
.
.
.
.
Haha, only kidding.
Yeah, that is my worst nightmare It seemed eerily quiet and that did cross my mind.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #398
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Yeah, that is my worst nightmare It seemed eerily quiet and that did cross my mind.
Yea I totally wouldn't worry about that. Last year I booked mine at 9pm and got ASM. In fact, they actually opened up more rooms later that day after some types sold out earlier.

Of course, nobody knows when the visa promo is officially on until someone calls and finds out.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #399
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Yea I totally wouldn't worry about that. Last year I booked mine at 9pm and got ASM. In fact, they actually opened up more rooms later that day after some types sold out earlier.

Of course, nobody knows when the visa promo is officially on until someone calls and finds out.
Agreed! Last year I called at 6:58am and then at 6:59am and got through on the first day.... got 2 rooms at CBR but nothing was totally gone.... I had no idea what I wanted. I called back like 3 weeks later and got a Cars suite at AOA!!!! That was before opening.... I thought I didn't stand a chance. I hope I am that lucky this year.

Now that TA's are getting hard info, any more news on exclusions. Do LM rooms still seem to be included??
__________________
2012 AOA Cars Suite w/ Mimi and Paw Paw
Sept. 2013 - Pop Century
** May 2014 Star Wars Weekend and Legoland Trip @ Pop Century
Blessedwithboys is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:18 AM   #400
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Good morning good people!! I have two DP ?'s, not necessarily related to FD -

1) if I make reservations at CRT now & prepay as required & then book a package next week with the DDP, do they apply the DP credits then & refund my prepayment? If not, does it not get refunded until we show up to eat & pay w/ DP?? That's a big chunk of change for a deposit!

2) I heard that starting in 2012 Disney started allowing TS credits to be broken down to QS credit, can you also convert QS to snack credits?? If so, how many credits does that end up as per QS credit? Trying to maximize my F&W "play money"

Thanks all!
Morning eve1,Black could you clairfy this. I know you can use a ts credit as qs credit but would seem like such a waste or would it count as 2 qs credits?
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:23 AM   #401
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Morning eve1,Black could you clairfy this. I know you can use a ts credit as qs credit but would seem like such a waste or would it count as 2 qs credits?
You can exchange a TS for a QS credit, but it's an even exchange. So yes you'd be losing quite a bit of value. I don't think you can exchange anything for snack credits. At least they wouldn't let me do that last year when I had an extra QS remaining. So I took a lunch to go for the drive home.
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #402
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer
 
JoanneDisFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 425

You can exchange out TS for a QS, but if i remember you have to do it at your resort check in not the restaurant. They used to allow exchange of QS for snack, but actually prohibit this now.
__________________
A trip 3 years in the making PTR
The Trip that was never supposed to happen PTR
My First Disney Trip Report

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
JoanneDisFan is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 AM   #403
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
 
babydoll65's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,290

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
You can exchange a TS for a QS credit, but it's an even exchange. So yes you'd be losing quite a bit of value. I don't think you can exchange anything for snack credits. At least they wouldn't let me do that last year when I had an extra QS remaining. So I took a lunch to go for the drive home.
Thank you, I can start booking my ADRs on May 14th and its hard to come up with enough ts that my son will eat at. I know he loves bb back ribs so thinking of trails end Buffett, whispering cannon cafe. Too big for character breakfasts. Even though I'm not going till November 10th, Should i just book all the adrs now then if fd does not come out for my time frame cancell the ones I don't need?
__________________

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
babydoll65 is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #404
Patience
DIS Veteran
 
Patience's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post

1) if I make reservations at CRT now & prepay as required & then book a package next week with the DDP, do they apply the DP credits then & refund my prepayment? If not, does it not get refunded until we show up to eat & pay w/ DP?? That's a big chunk of change for a deposit!

I booked CRT in March before I made resort reservations and prepaid for CRT on my credit card. At the time, the CM told me that if we later made resort reservations and added the dining plan, I could just call them back with our reservation number and they would remove the prepaid charges from my credit card. When I booked AoA with regular dining plana couple of weeks ago, I called back and the CM I talked to that day told me I would have to cancel my CRT reservation and rebook. I told her that was not what I was told but she insisted that was the only way she could do it. She found a reservation for us for just 5 minutes later than our original reservation so it ended up not being a big deal for us but it's something to be aware of. They credited the prepaid charges back to my credit card 5 days later.
Patience is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #405
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

They're on the pricier side though aren't they? That's why we went with POFQ because it was actually cheaper.
Yes, they are definitely pricey, those suites are more than a moderate room. I liked the theming of AOA and its a beautiful resort, but I think it's silly to call it a value resort when 3/4 of the resort is more expensive than a moderate resort. We got a FD pin code for the Little Mermaid rooms last Nov/Dec, but I would not have paid full price for those rooms, they are simply too far from the bus and food court.
TheDisney411 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: