Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 AM   #3541
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post

Would this apply to TA res too? I received my conf and it says plus dining but not free. The only way I think it is right is that I had purposely not paid the last 1500 hoping for FD. Now my balance is $730. So it must have FD right?
I'm not sure, since I booked directly with Disney over the phone. But it sounds like the amount is right for FD. I wouldn't worry to much about it, but if calling to double check would ease your mind I'd say go for it!
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
Old 05-22-2013, 09:04 AM   #3542
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

May want to double check because depending on where you are staying, that could be a room only discount. Does that number sound right for the number of people on dining program? Before FD, our ddp was around $1400. : )
I agree that it depends on where your staying...even which rooms you request. Our plan was around $2100 which included the FD over at WL.
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #3543
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'll have to ask my TA if it was a guy. She said the same thing, that all the info was quoted back to her correctly and that a RO thing was never even mentioned. I am still wondering if this CM or a few of them, just saw a new code and assumed it was for FD, when in actuality it was the one for RO. Or, who knows, maybe it was a computer glitch. I have heard they had a few of those.
I was thinking the same thing.... what if it was a computer glitch....
Old 05-22-2013, 09:13 AM   #3544
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I just spoke with TA. Apparently Carlton is not in. Hmmmm...or could he be hiding? She left a message for him to call her. If she does not hear anything by lunch time, she will try again.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #3545
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to add another example of reservation wording...
Mine says "MAGIC YOUR WAY DINE - VISA", and the word Free doesn't appear anywhere, but all of the DDP entitlements do appear and the price works out right.
Just thought anyone that booked with the Visa discount might be panicking that theirs didn't say Free.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:20 AM   #3546
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe definitely it is their fault. And I really like your thinking, could you send Disney a note?
My TA said she didn't even know about the RO offer until she got off the phone from booking my Free Dining. I am trying to think when we "officially" heard about it and I am thinking it was several minutes after the DV FD offer went live. That was such a crazy morning!
I can definitely write them a note on your behalf!! Then can you write them and tell them I would like a PIN?

This FD stuff really takes over my day?!?!

I am obsessed with BC too now! It is pricey though....

Where is Carlton??? I think I might need a new caseworker! Don't they realize there is no rest until this is resolved.....
Old 05-22-2013, 09:37 AM   #3547
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Thanks for your encouragement. My TA is trying to call Carlton now.

Beach Club does look awesome! My TA only suggested it as a back up because I also got a pin and she was trying to see if AoA was available on that and it was not, but Beach Club was and she was going to pay the difference. I just told to her wait and see what Disney says.
Keeping fingers crossed that everything works out for you - and maybe even better than you hope for!
Wow - TA offering to pay difference for you - sounds like you have an awesome TA.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #3548
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I can definitely write them a note on your behalf!! Then can you write them and tell them I would like a PIN?

This FD stuff really takes over my day?!?!

I am obsessed with BC too now! It is pricey though....

Where is Carlton??? I think I might need a new caseworker! Don't they realize there is no rest until this is resolved.....
Apparently Carlton does not have the same sense of urgency as we do.

If they ask me how they can make this up to me, I am going to say Free Dining Pins for everyone on Dis (or at least this thread)!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #3549
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I'll have to ask my TA if it was a guy. She said the same thing, that all the info was quoted back to her correctly and that a RO thing was never even mentioned. I am still wondering if this CM or a few of them, just saw a new code and assumed it was for FD, when in actuality it was the one for RO. Or, who knows, maybe it was a computer glitch. I have heard they had a few of those.
I had a lady. But she read it off to me as free dining too and she also told me there was a room offer. I only knew that because she said the dates and i said I thought free dining was for "these" dates and she said, oh yes, there are 2 offers. But I even doubled asked when done that they were free dining and she said yes.

Quote:
I just spoke with TA. Apparently Carlton is not in. Hmmmm...or could he be hiding? She left a message for him to call her. If she does not hear anything by lunch time, she will try again.
I bet he comes in at 9 so maybe anytime now.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:43 AM   #3550
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever

If they ask me how they can make this up to me, I am going to say Free Dining Pins for everyone on Dis (or at least this thread)!
Lol that'd be amazing!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3551
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:

woot! love that idea!!! good luck can't wait to hear what carlton says!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #3552
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Well, to quote one of my favorite movies (High School Musical)..."We're all in this together...."
Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #3553
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Apparently Carlton works in the pm and if the request for review is switched to anyone else, that will only delay the process more.

That said, TA reassured me again that if Disney does not come through, she will get me into AoA Finding Nemo with Free Dining.

Disney has inadvertently proven our case once again, because there are still RO discounts available for Finding Nemo. So again, why would I switch to Lion King when I was already booked at Nemo?????? Because only FD was left at Lion King?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:52 AM   #3554
skellinton
Mouseketeer

My confirmation from my TA didn't show all the specifics of free dining, and since it wasn't showing up online I was panicking too. She sent me the actual Disney confirmation and it did show the free dining, and looked much different than the one she initially sent me. Ours was changed on the Visa day and we used a Disney visa, but it doesn't mention Visa free dining just says free dining.
How odd that there are so many differences on the invoices!

I wonder how many people who aren't on this board were booked with a room discount instead of free dining and don't even realize it!

Hope Carlton gets to work soon!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #3555
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Carlton has some nerve making us wait.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: