Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:51 AM   #3526
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressman View Post
Now I know everyone has their favorite place(s) so this is just my personal feelings and by no means want to talk down any other resorts. Obviously you stay where you will be most comfortable because anything can happen no matter what resort you are at.
Pluto, I agree with Mattressman that you need to stay where you will be most comfortable as a family. Like I said earlier, I was all booked and happy to be staying at AOA Nemo until I realized that chances of applying FD to our room was slim to none for October. Not that switching to any of the other suites wouldn't have been wonderful. But that got me looking at other resorts....With this being our first time on property, any Disney resort will be fantastic!

I made the mistake of looking on the Beach and Yacht Club info thread and fell in love with the resort and it's location and amenities. When I ran numbers, it really wasn't that much more for us...(or so I rationalize like I do so well...)

For our family, I think being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and take a boat to HS will be great. Plus, my kids will die over that SAB pool. The one bathroom isn't that much of a big deal to us. We travel a lot due to DSs soccer and Lax and stay in regular rooms and do just fine with it. My DD isn't a bathroom hog yet.

I can't wait to hear what they come back with for you! I really think they will hook you up well though!
Old 05-22-2013, 06:14 AM   #3527
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Pluto, I agree with Mattressman that you need to stay where you will be most comfortable as a family. Like I said earlier, I was all booked and happy to be staying at AOA Nemo until I realized that chances of applying FD to our room was slim to none for October. Not that switching to any of the other suites wouldn't have been wonderful. But that got me looking at other resorts....With this being our first time on property, any Disney resort will be fantastic!

I made the mistake of looking on the Beach and Yacht Club info thread and fell in love with the resort and it's location and amenities. When I ran numbers, it really wasn't that much more for us...(or so I rationalize like I do so well...)

For our family, I think being able to walk to Epcot and Boardwalk and take a boat to HS will be great. Plus, my kids will die over that SAB pool. The one bathroom isn't that much of a big deal to us. We travel a lot due to DSs soccer and Lax and stay in regular rooms and do just fine with it. My DD isn't a bathroom hog yet.

I can't wait to hear what they come back with for you! I really think they will hook you up well though!
Thanks for your encouragement. My TA is trying to call Carlton now.

Beach Club does look awesome! My TA only suggested it as a back up because I also got a pin and she was trying to see if AoA was available on that and it was not, but Beach Club was and she was going to pay the difference. I just told to her wait and see what Disney says.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #3528
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Thanks for your encouragement. My TA is trying to call Carlton now.

Beach Club does look awesome! My TA only suggested it as a back up because I also got a pin and she was trying to see if AoA was available on that and it was not, but Beach Club was and she was going to pay the difference. I just told to her wait and see what Disney says.
Did you say you have 6 people? I couldn't imagine staying in one room anywhere with 6 people. A deluxe sounds like a wonderful offer, but not sure I would go for that option unless it is all they can give you. Maybe only the rooms in the FD offer are sold out, so maybe they will just give you one of the full price inventory. I can't wait until they get this resolved for you. I would be going crazy.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:40 AM   #3529
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Did you say you have 6 people? I couldn't imagine staying in one room anywhere with 6 people. A deluxe sounds like a wonderful offer, but not sure I would go for that option unless it is all they can give you. Maybe only the rooms in the FD offer are sold out, so maybe they will just give you one of the full price inventory. I can't wait until they get this resolved for you. I would be going crazy.
I know, amazingly I am calm. Even after my Keurig just broke and I am attempting to "make" coffee!
The 6 in a room thing did scare me off at places like POR and even CR and Poly. Apparently BC has a lot of square footage for a single room; I think TA was just trying to do something in a drastic situation. But you're right, I am thinking they are just booked up for FD and will wait and see. But then part of me is like, if they do have available suites at AoA, why are they dragging this out?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:44 AM   #3530
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I know, amazingly I am calm. Even after my Keurig just broke and I am attempting to "make" coffee!
The 6 in a room thing did scare me off at places like POR and even CR and Poly. Apparently BC has a lot of square footage for a single room; I think TA was just trying to do something in a drastic situation. But you're right, I am thinking they are just booked up for FD and will wait and see. But then part of me is like, if they do have available suites at AoA, why are they dragging this out?
The supervisors to have the ability to over ride and made a room free dining even if there isn't any left. You do have a room already right? They can just credit you. That would be the right thing to do and I hope they make it right.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:49 AM   #3531
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
The supervisors to have the ability to over ride and made a room free dining even if there isn't any left. You do have a room already right? They can just credit you. That would be the right thing to do and I hope they make it right.
That's good to know and is encouraging. Yes, I booked a package at AoA Finding Nemo in Feb. and when FD was offered to Disney Visa holders, my TA was on the phone at 7 am and had to switch me to Lion King to get the Free Dining. Have you ever seen where Disney says they have to do a review and it will take 24-36 hours?

Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #3532
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Maybe if they can't keep you at AOA, they can give you 2 rooms at BC!!! I mean, this is there fault right??? Sounds like you have a great TA.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #3533
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Maybe if they can't keep you at AOA, they can give you 2 rooms at BC!!! I mean, this is there fault right??? Sounds like you have a great TA.
I believe definitely it is their fault. And I really like your thinking, could you send Disney a note?
My TA said she didn't even know about the RO offer until she got off the phone from booking my Free Dining. I am trying to think when we "officially" heard about it and I am thinking it was several minutes after the DV FD offer went live. That was such a crazy morning!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:12 AM   #3534
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
I believe definitely it is their fault. And I really like your thinking, could you send Disney a note?
My TA said she didn't even know about the RO offer until she got off the phone from booking my Free Dining. I am trying to think when we "officially" heard about it and I am thinking it was several minutes after the DV FD offer went live. That was such a crazy morning!
I only knew from when I was on the phone. But I requested free dining and still got the room only. It was later that morning when I went and repriced it that it didn't look right and I found their mistake. Luckily I called back and had no issues. But I was NOT happy. I wonder of all those who got RO added had the same CM?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #3535
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I only knew from when I was on the phone. But I requested free dining and still got the room only. It was later that morning when I went and repriced it that it didn't look right and I found their mistake. Luckily I called back and had no issues. But I was NOT happy. I wonder of all those who got RO added had the same CM?
You too! OMG, I bet you had the same CM

Old 05-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #3536
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Maybe that is why they are doing an official review. Maybe there have been several of these complaints and they are narrowing it down to a specific CM??? Is that thinking too far out in left field?

Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #3537
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

As you can see, I am not going to get anything productive done today. Only had four hours of sleep. Not just because of this, but mostly because of the families in Moore, OK. The images and stories just bring the whole tragedy to the forefront and even more heartbreaking. I just can't stop thinking about them and the seven third graders. My oldest DD is in 3rd grade. So, actually this Disney "distraction" is a warm welcome to help keep my mind off of OK for a moment.

Old 05-22-2013, 07:41 AM   #3538
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Okay, now you have me totally obsessed with Beach Club!!!! The pool! My kids (who am I kidding) I, would absolutely love it!!!

Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 AM   #3539
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You too! OMG, I bet you had the same CM
On that crazy Monday May 6th - Visa day.... my CM was a guy. I don't remember his name. And with me, I didn't use a TA... I called myself.

But what I still don't understand, he repeated the CORRECT Free Dining info back to me, but it didn't happen.... and I didn't even get the room only discount added, in fact, he took my room discount from when I had booked it earlier off.

I look forward to what you find out today and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:01 AM   #3540
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
On that crazy Monday May 6th - Visa day.... my CM was a guy. I don't remember his name. And with me, I didn't use a TA... I called myself.

But what I still don't understand, he repeated the CORRECT Free Dining info back to me, but it didn't happen.... and I didn't even get the room only discount added, in fact, he took my room discount from when I had booked it earlier off.

I look forward to what you find out today and I'll be thinking good thoughts for you!
I'll have to ask my TA if it was a guy. She said the same thing, that all the info was quoted back to her correctly and that a RO thing was never even mentioned. I am still wondering if this CM or a few of them, just saw a new code and assumed it was for FD, when in actuality it was the one for RO. Or, who knows, maybe it was a computer glitch. I have heard they had a few of those.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: