Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #3511
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post

And especially since you need a room for 6 people.....(if I understood your earlier post correctly)
Yes, that's correct. And thank you! : ) Although the youngest will turn 2 the week before we go; but those little ones take up a lot of room. Did hear that Beach Club has really big rooms.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 PM   #3512
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

Hi Pluto!! Been following along all day and I am so sorry this has happened. I really think I would hold off until Carlton gets back to you. I think they will make it right.

We actually moved from AOAnemo to Beach Club for October since in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't too much more since we are hoping for FD and purchased the regular DP.

I think between now and tomorrow, I would come up with some solutions for what you would like Disney to do for you!! Like upgrade resort/ room type/ etc Just a thought!!

Good luck!
Thank you so much!! All this talk about Beach Club has me intrigued. I knew nothing about it. I heard the rooms are bigger than Poly, so that could make them about the same size as AoA except only one bathroom. : )

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #3513
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Update: It is now under official review by Disney and will have answer within 24 hrs.

AoA is sold out. A quick fix now option is to book Beach Club for about $100 more than our current pkg. should I do this or wait for review results?
If you really want to stay at AoA then wait. Plus they may compensate you somehow.

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #3514
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post

You should be receiving a confirmation email with a link to all the details of your reservation. On there it will show something like "Free Table Service Meals" and "Free Dine Quick Sevice Meals"
Would this apply to TA res too? I received my conf and it says plus dining but not free. The only way I think it is right is that I had purposely not paid the last 1500 hoping for FD. Now my balance is $730. So it must have FD right?

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 05-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #3515
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattressman View Post

Well said! I would be real surprised if they don't take care if it to your advantage. Over the years there have been a few mishaps with our stays and Disney always made it right. 2 years ago we were staying at the BC and came back late one night from a long day at the park and Housekeeping missed our room and I didn't hesitate to call them on the matter, tired and grumpy will do that, and without hesitation they credited me the amount of a 1 night stay which was a good amount.
And as for the BC overall, best place to stay and they definitely pamper you! Yes you pay the price but well worth it and can't beat the location.
Good luck!
Thanks for the encouraging words and example. That is awesome they credited you one nights stay! I will definitely have to look at Beach Club tomorrow. You all make it sound so wonderful. Wonderful enough for 5 plus a 2 yo to stay in?? : )

Old 05-21-2013, 10:56 PM   #3516
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post

Would this apply to TA res too? I received my conf and it says plus dining but not free. The only way I think it is right is that I had purposely not paid the last 1500 hoping for FD. Now my balance is $730. So it must have FD right?
May want to double check because depending on where you are staying, that could be a room only discount. Does that number sound right for the number of people on dining program? Before FD, our ddp was around $1400. : )

Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #3517
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post

If you really want to stay at AoA then wait. Plus they may compensate you somehow.
Sounds good. I'm gonna wait; even if its till midnight tomorrow.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #3518
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks for the encouraging words and example. That is awesome they credited you one nights stay! I will definitely have to look at Beach Club tomorrow. You all make it sound so wonderful. Wonderful enough for 5 plus a 2 yo to stay in?? : )
Now I know everyone has their favorite place(s) so this is just my personal feelings and by no means want to talk down any other resorts. Obviously you stay where you will be most comfortable because anything can happen no matter what resort you are at.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:12 PM   #3519
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

When looking at my reservation it says:
"Free Table Service Meals"
"Free Dine Quick Service Meals"
"Free Dine Snack"

So on mine it is specific on the "Free" part
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 AM   #3520
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

Quote:
"Free Dine Snack"

I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?
Old 05-22-2013, 03:03 AM   #3521
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
"Free Dine Snack"

Mine says the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach2109 View Post
I'm still a little confused...I booked with a TA and the confirmation she sent didn't say anything about free dining. Just said Magic your way plus dining. It didn't even list out table service, quick service, etc. maybe she didn't send the whole email? How would I confirm I got free dining and not the room discount? Can I call Disney and confirm even though the TA booked it or do I have to have her check for me?
First off, did you price it to see if it includes free dining? Mine would be $1440. More without free dining. That's a quick way to tell.

Did your TA give you the reservation number? I'm not sure if Disney will tell you anything if it is booked with a TA but you could try to call them to double check.

You could also request something from your TA showing that you have free dining, room and tickets.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 AM   #3522
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:

Hi! Your TA would have to call and verify. Which may not be a bad idea in light of things. My TA had not received an email from Disney reflecting the changes to my package; just the verbal on the day it was booked. I just so happened to make an inquiry about making a ticket change and when they quoted the package price, it did not add up and upon further investigation, found out it was because a room only discount was applied to my package instead of the free dining.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:52 AM   #3523
Rach2109
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hi! Your TA would have to call and verify. Which may not be a bad idea in light of things. My TA had not received an email from Disney reflecting the changes to my package; just the verbal on the day it was booked. I just so happened to make an inquiry about making a ticket change and when they quoted the package price, it did not add up and upon further investigation, found out it was because a room only discount was applied to my package instead of the free dining.
/

I just looked online and priced out a package for what I have and the price is correct for me to have free dining so that makes me feel better. I can't see online anywhere that I have a package booked but maybe that's cause I used a TA? I'm not going to worry about it anymore cause the price matches up with free dining.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 AM   #3524
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:

/

I just looked online and priced out a package for what I have and the price is correct for me to have free dining so that makes me feel better. I can't see online anywhere that I have a package booked but maybe that's cause I used a TA? I'm not going to worry about it anymore cause the price matches up with free dining.
Yes, that is because you used a TA. If the price matches up that is great and I wouldn't worry either. This is rare, although there are 3 of us that this has happened to; the CM stating FD was applied but a RO was applied instead. I believe all 3 of us booked first thing on May 6th.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:19 AM   #3525
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattressman View Post
when looking at my reservation it says:
"free table service meals"
"free dine quick service meals"
"free dine snack"

so on mine it is specific on the "free" part
lol.... : )

Closed Thread