Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #3496
jgraney106
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbiePMN View Post
I've been following along at work today, but I can't post /reply from work....
That was me that posted last night that it had happened to me. I'm so glad that you doubled checked... and I'm so sorry yours is wrong too! you can't believe how relieved I am that I called to change to Movies from Sports since the food court is going to be closed during our visit. Debbie
Could someone please tell me what dates the food court will be closed at The All Star Sports. Part of my family will be staying there Sept 24th through Oct 1st. They may want to change if it is during their visit. Thank you for the info!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:47 PM   #3497
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post
Could someone please tell me what dates the food court will be closed at The All Star Sports. Part of my family will be staying there Sept 24th through Oct 1st. They may want to change if it is during their visit. Thank you for the info!
Mousesavers newsletter is reporting 8/3/13-12/20/13.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 07:58 PM   #3498
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Mousesavers newsletter is reporting 8/3/13-12/20/13.
The CM I talked to yesterday confirmed that it would be the entire month of September..... but yes, these are the dates that I have seen posted. Some people don't use the food courts, but my family does... we have breakfast there almost every morning... and a dinner or two also. Taking a bus to another all star resort every morning before going to the parks sounds like a hassle to me....
Old 05-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #3499
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Update: It is now under official review by Disney and will have answer within 24 hrs.

AoA is sold out. A quick fix now option is to book Beach Club for about $100 more than our current pkg. should I do this or wait for review results?
I would wait for the review results if I were you. I know none of us here like waiting much, which is one of the reasons we get up so early to make these reservations in the first place. They need to make this right for you, not make you pay more money for your hotel. Beach Club is nice though. We stayed there in Oct. That 5 minute walk into EPCOT during Food and Wine was fantastic. Good luck.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #3500
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192

No FD noted on my res on line either, but the invoice from Walt Disney Travel Company does when I click on the reservation on that e-mail. Was sure glad to see

"MAGIC YOUR WAY FREE DINE"
I never received a confirmation email after adding free dining. I thought I would especially since it changed my room type too. It's been a few days also. I thought I'd have it by now.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
Old 05-21-2013, 08:31 PM   #3501
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Update 2: Going to wait till official review is in. A CM by the name of Carlton is handling it and he has until midnight tomorrow to decide.

I really hope there is not a "grey" area where they can say there is not enough conclusive evidence either way.

If I was booked at any other resort, this would not have been a problem.

TA said she was going to make this right no matter what Disney decides. I know this is not her fault.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #3502
dance2874
DIS Veteran

So, does anyone know if they set aside a different block of rooms for the pin vs the regular free dining? In other words, we really want Coronado and its sold out for free dining. If I have a pin is it possible there ARE rooms for that resort with the pin instead?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #3503
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Update: It is now under official review by Disney and will have answer within 24 hrs.

AoA is sold out. A quick fix now option is to book Beach Club for about $100 more than our current pkg. should I do this or wait for review results?
Go for the Beach Club. That is my dream resort if I ever win big $.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #3504
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Update 2: Going to wait till official review is in. A CM by the name of Carlton is handling it and he has until midnight tomorrow to decide.

I really hope there is not a "grey" area where they can say there is not enough conclusive evidence either way.

TA said she was going to make this right no matter what Disney decides. I know this is not her fault.
They need to make this right. Hold their feet to the fire. The squeaky wheel gets the grease....
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #3505
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I leave for one day and look what happens. I even clicked the link in my email to double check everything listed. It shows table, quick service and snack along with all the other goodies.

Again. Don't let them get away with it.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #3506
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I leave for one day and look what happens. I even clicked the link in my email to double check everything listed. It shows table, quick service and snack along with all the other goodies.

Again. Don't let them get away with it.
Aye, Aye, captain!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:18 PM   #3507
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Just to top my day off, my dog just ate Dumbo's hat!!!

Old 05-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #3508
DebbiePMN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Aye, Aye, captain!
And especially since you need a room for 6 people.....(if I understood your earlier post correctly)
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 PM   #3509
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hi Pluto!! Been following along all day and I am so sorry this has happened. I really think I would hold off until Carlton gets back to you. I think they will make it right.

We actually moved from AOAnemo to Beach Club for October since in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't too much more since we are hoping for FD and purchased the regular DP.

I think between now and tomorrow, I would come up with some solutions for what you would like Disney to do for you!! Like upgrade resort/ room type/ etc Just a thought!!

Good luck!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:35 PM   #3510
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
They need to make this right. Hold their feet to the fire. The squeaky wheel gets the grease....
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi Pluto!! Been following along all day and I am so sorry this has happened. I really think I would hold off until Carlton gets back to you. I think they will make it right.

We actually moved from AOAnemo to Beach Club for October since in the grand scheme of things it really wasn't too much more since we are hoping for FD and purchased the regular DP.

I think between now and tomorrow, I would come up with some solutions for what you would like Disney to do for you!! Like upgrade resort/ room type/ etc Just a thought!!

Good luck!

Well said! I would be real surprised if they don't take care if it to your advantage. Over the years there have been a few mishaps with our stays and Disney always made it right. 2 years ago we were staying at the BC and came back late one night from a long day at the park and Housekeeping missed our room and I didn't hesitate to call them on the matter, tired and grumpy will do that, and without hesitation they credited me the amount of a 1 night stay which was a good amount.
And as for the BC overall, best place to stay and they definitely pamper you! Yes you pay the price but well worth it and can't beat the location.
Good luck!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: