Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #3451
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Some of you stated that when you thought you had booked your Free Dining package, but had only a room only discount applied. THANK YOUfor sharing that!!! I went over my numbers and they did not add up. Guess what?
They only had me under a room only discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are in the process of fixing this as we speak!

Old 05-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #3452
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

Oh my goodness...that's way too close for me. I'm assuming you made out ok on both occasions?? I hope
All ok thankfully
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 02:21 PM   #3453
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I am thinking that on that crazy morning of May 6, the CM's did not realize there were two different codes? I mean what are the chances of this happening to this many of us? My TA did my booking and she said that Disney has on record that she made this change at 7:17 am on the 6th and that the whole conversation was about Free Dining. She had not received a detailed statement from them yet either, so glad she called today.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #3454
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #3455
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkerbell's Mommy View Post
I am totally and utterly irritated and I don't know where else to vent. We booked our package with a TA a couple of months ago for 8/31 - 9/8. When Free Dining came out we had our TA change our reservation to a room only for 8/31 - 9/2 and then the package from 9/2 - 9/8.

I have not received a confirmation via email regarding our package details and the Disney website reflects two room reservations but the second reservation doesn't show any package details - tickets, dining plan, nothing. Asked the TA, she assures me it's correct via email right after booking.

Two weeks later and it's still not showing correctly on Disney's website. I call Disney and they will not give me any information about my reservation because it's owned by the TA. Um, the TA is not paying for any of this I am but they won't even confirm that the details of my reservation are correct and told me to contact my TA, again.

Seriously? I'm not asking for any changes. I'm asking for a confirmation that my package is correct. I'm getting very close to cancelling the entire thing and rebooking it on my own so I can get even basic information at this point. I have never encountered anything so completely ludicrous in all my life.
I'd defiantly call your TA and have her email you a written confirmation of both packages. Did you book with a certified Disney Travel Agent?

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #3456
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will have to watch out for that, if by any chance both FD and room only come out at the same time for the later part of the year too. Glad they are getting it corrected for you.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:44 PM   #3457
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:

Totally understand!!! Maybe tell TA that, me and others, had thought they were booking a FD package, but CM's only applied a room only discount. MY TA is in process of fixing this right now for me. She had not received a billing statement from Disney yet with discount applied. If others had not stated the same problem, who knows how long it would have been until we noticed?

Old 05-21-2013, 02:46 PM   #3458
Stinkerbell's Mommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
I'd defiantly call your TA and have her email you a written confirmation of both packages. Did you book with a certified Disney Travel Agent?
Sure did...one that sponsors this board as a matter of fact.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #3459
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
I am thinking that on that crazy morning of May 6, the CM's did not realize there were two different codes? I mean what are the chances of this happening to this many of us? My TA did my booking and she said that Disney has on record that she made this change at 7:17 am on the 6th and that the whole conversation was about Free Dining. She had not received a detailed statement from them yet either, so glad she called today.
Was it actually added or di they do the wrong code? I know more than once I have seen the room only put on instead of free dining. Which is really a HUGE mistake on the CM's part. I don't care how crazy it is, it is their job to do it right. And when they quote the price saying it's free dining and it's not ..... is just uncalled for.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #3460
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Sure did...one that sponsors this board as a matter of fact.
Did you do Free Dining with Disney Visa or GP? If DV, TA will have to directly call WDW to verify your reservation. Explain to her that some CM's that day were applying RO discount when they thought they were doing the FD. If it was during GP, she can look that up online and tell you. If she is not willing to do this, then go above her head.

Old 05-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #3461
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Totally understand!!! Maybe tell TA that, me and others, had thought they were booking a FD package, but CM's only applied a room only discount. MY TA is in process of fixing this right now for me. She had not received a billing statement from Disney yet with discount applied. If others had not stated the same problem, who knows how long it would have been until we noticed?
Your TA should be able to retrieve your reservation online and see what it has. She can save it to a pdf form and send it to you. Now I know when the visa offer came out that many didn't even show dining at all for about 3 days after, so if she doesn't see it, it still might be there, but she will need to call and confirm for sure. Disney has been really bad about the emails going out with free dining. Well they are bad on any given day, but with free dining they are worse.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #3462
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Did you do Free Dining with Disney Visa or GP? If DV, TA will have to directly call WDW to verify your reservation. Explain to her that some CM's that day were applying RO discount when they thought they were doing the FD. If it was during GP, she can look that up online and tell you. If she is not willing to do this, then go above her head.
The TA can see it online whether it was the DV or the GP. It will show the dining package with it and the price will reflect what she has.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #3463
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post

Was it actually added or di they do the wrong code? I know more than once I have seen the room only put on instead of free dining. Which is really a HUGE mistake on the CM's part. I don't care how crazy it is, it is their job to do it right. And when they quote the price saying it's free dining and it's not ..... is just uncalled for.
They put on room only instead of free dining. If I answered your question correctly. 😊

Old 05-21-2013, 03:14 PM   #3464
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:

I am sorry you are going through all of this... this is the reason I NEVER use a TA pm me if you still need help. lots of pixie dust to you!!!!

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #3465
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post

Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.
Woohoo!! Happy happy dancing!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: