Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 AM   #3436
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post
My boyfriend and I are planning on going September 20-25. We are debating between GF and WL. We are so excited! We just returned from our first trip together (his first time to WDW, my fourth) two weeks ago and we are annual passholders. So I know there are no additional discounts for us. Question: does the hard ticket for MNSSHP count as the two tickets needed to get the dining plan upgrade?
I assume you checked both the room only and the FD discounts to compare? Sometimes with only 2 people and staying in a deluxe, especially GF, you may save more with the room only. Especially since you don't really need the two day tickets.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #3437
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristenRB View Post

Thank you, I figured. Since we live in Florida we will still get a small discount on the two day tickets minimum.
You probably already know, but let me clarify, to apply a free dining discount to your stay your at be booked at a Disney owned resort and booked under a Magic Your Way package that included room, tickets and dining. There is a 3 night minimum and a 2 day base ticket requirement and you have to being paying full price, with no other discounts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #3438
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

You probably already know, but let me clarify, to apply a free dining discount to your stay your at be booked at a Disney owned resort and booked under a Magic Your Way package that included room, tickets and dining. There is a 3 night minimum and a 2 day base ticket requirement and you have to being paying full price, with no other discounts.
Thanks for the info, and yeah I am aware that we have to be staying on property for a minimum of 3 nights with a 2 day bass ticket. I think we will forgo the free dining and try for discounts on our rooms and then get TIW instead.
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #3439
KristenRB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I assume you checked both the room only and the FD discounts to compare? Sometimes with only 2 people and staying in a deluxe, especially GF, you may save more with the room only. Especially since you don't really need the two day tickets.
Thanks! I think since we cannot use any other discounts on the room, tickets, etc. for the FD that we will instead use the discount on the resort lodging. Also, we are looking into TIW as well. We love dining at Disney and anything would help! Thanks again
September 29-October 5 2014

Me DBF
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 AM   #3440
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post

I've had two form within 500 yards. One being in my house luckily and one while out in a field.
Oh my goodness...that's way too close for me. I'm assuming you made out ok on both occasions?? I hope
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #3441
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak

I have never received a pin! Should I call and check every address we have had??
I checked under our old address bc that's where we lived last time my husband was the main person booking. Had one there.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 AM   #3442
KermitRinny
It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482
Quick tornado info: I live in SW MO about 2 hrs from the OK state line. Joplin MO is about 20 min from OK, and got hit in 2011 with 160 lost lives. I pray every time a tornado risk arises that we'll be spared. I feel so disheartened to hear those innocent children were subjected to such awful circumstances! Thank you all for your kind words.
Praying all morning. Woke up to the news and just heart broken. Jumped on here for a little good news seeing people active and others being ok.

04POFQ 07POR 08ASMVS 09POP 11CBR 12WL 13POFQ
14POFQ

"And just 'cause these here tales is 'bout critters like Br'er Rabbit an' Br'er Fox, that don't mean they ain't the same like can happen to folks! So them who can't learn from a tale about critters, just ain't got the ears tuned for listenin'."
Old 05-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #3443
poohbear13
Yoda, Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KermitRinny View Post
Praying all morning. Woke up to the news and just heart broken. Jumped on here for a little good news seeing people active and others being ok.
Prayers being said here in Connecticut too for our Friends in Oklahoma.

2006 Aug.~ CBR 2009 July ~ CBR 2011 July~ POR
2011 Dec. ~ POR 2012 Dec. ~ CSR
2013 Nov. ~ CBR 2015 Jan. ~ POR

Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #3444
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Just a side note here. If any of you are in Oklahoma, I hope you're all alright. The images are unreal.
In Holly Springs, NC here. I hear the news about the tornado in OK on my way to work. When I heard that at least 20 children had died in the storm, I cried. There was a really bad tornado that passed through my area a couple years ago. It left a trail of devastation for miles. I was very blessed that it moved across the street & into the woods when it passed by my neighborhood. It went back across the street shortly after that.
My thoughts & prayers go out to the people in OK.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #3445
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
In Holly Springs, NC here. I hear the news about the tornado in OK on my way to work. When I heard that at least 20 children had died in the storm, I cried. There was a really bad tornado that passed through my area a couple years ago. It left a trail of devastation for miles. I was very blessed that it moved across the street & into the woods when it passed by my neighborhood. It went back across the street shortly after that.
My thoughts & prayers go out to the people in OK.
Sylkie, that storm you reference (April 16, 2011) wiped out my son's school (Greene County Middle School) and lots of homes and businesses in our county. The hallways of the school (where the children would have been) became like wind tunnels sucking books, desks, chairs, lockers and most everything else out ~ those items were found miles away from the school. Although my son is now in high school, the middle school students are still in mobile units ~ hope to have the new school completed for students and staff when school starts back this fall. Thankfully, that storm came through on a Saturday. If it had been during the week, our story would have had a much different ending ~ my son would have likely been on the baseball field as that was the time for his PE class/baseball practice. The field house (where they likely would have taken shelter) was completely flattened and we never found most of his and his teammate's baseball equipment. When I saw the news about the school in OK last night I broke down in tears ~ this could have been our story but I'm so thankful it wasn't. My prayers go out to all that are suffering in OK but especially to those parents who lost children ~ I cannot begin to imagine their pain!
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #3446
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheel Mom View Post
Sylkie, that storm you reference (April 16, 2011) wiped out my son's school (Greene County Middle School) and lots of homes and businesses in our county. The hallways of the school (where the children would have been) became like wind tunnels sucking books, desks, chairs, lockers and most everything else out ~ those items were found miles away from the school. Although my son is now in high school, the middle school students are still in mobile units ~ hope to have the new school completed for students and staff when school starts back this fall. Thankfully, that storm came through on a Saturday. If it had been during the week, our story would have had a much different ending ~ my son would have likely been on the baseball field as that was the time for his PE class/baseball practice. The field house (where they likely would have taken shelter) was completely flattened and we never found most of his and his teammate's baseball equipment. When I saw the news about the school in OK last night I broke down in tears ~ this could have been our story but I'm so thankful it wasn't. My prayers go out to all that are suffering in OK but especially to those parents who lost children ~ I cannot begin to imagine their pain!
Wow - before reading your post, TH Mom, I hadn't really thought about how much worse the tornado that came through our area could have been if it had come through a day or 2 before it did. I can hardly imagine what those parents must be going through now - not only those that are suffering the loss of their child, but also those who have yet to find any that are missing.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-21-2013, 11:40 AM   #3447
Tarheel Mom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Wow - before reading your post, TH Mom, I hadn't really thought about how much worse the tornado that came through our area could have been if it had come through a day or 2 before it did. I can hardly imagine what those parents must be going through now - not only those that are suffering the loss of their child, but also those who have yet to find any that are missing.
My heart aches for them ~ I gave my three kids an extra hug this morning.
11/18/11 - 11/26/11 Off Site - Kissimmee, FL
11/20/13 - 11/30/13 - POR/Royal Guest Room
9/25/14 - 10/4/14 - Coronado Springs
9/25/15 - 10/3/15 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #3448
hglenn
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

There's no risk. Cheshire Figment (who wrote the ticket sticky on the Theme Park Attractions and Strategies board) is a CM who works in ticketing and he's says that you can most definitely do it.
Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #3449
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post
Doesn't matter now! I called and there actually was a PIN associated with my mom's name for FD who happens to be going with us! What a huge blessing. And the CM was the nicest person I've ever talked to on the phone. She was just as excited for me as I was.
Awesome - glad you were able to get the FD.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-21-2013, 02:05 PM   #3450
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by hglenn View Post
:chee r2:

CELEBRATING WITH YOU!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: