Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:22 AM   #3016
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
Have they ever offered free dining pins for the Oct/Nov/Dec time frame before?
I'm one of those anxiously awaiting to see if the offer goes public since I didn't get a pin and I'm just trying to figure what are the chances. I'm thinking if they've never done this before maybe they only had a few rooms to fill and doing pins for a select few would take care of that? I know nobody can tell me for sure but July is such a long way off and the suspense is killing me!
They have sent out free dining pins for the October - December timeframe every year since 2008 and then released almost the exact same dates to the general public since 2009. The current fall and winter pin code FD dates should be released this summer, probably July.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #3017
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanneDisFan View Post
I'm booked AS Movies pref for Sept 14-21 with QSDP, but planning on upgrading to DDP once I have plane tickets etc. Just priced out moderates with standard room and it would only be $100 more than the pkg with upgrade. Would I have to make changes before the July 31st date, or can I make changes to resort and dining without losing the free dining as long as it's before the 45 day mark?
You can make those changes to your reservation up to 72 hours before check in with no penalties - they like you to upgrade and spend more money with them. If your downgrade after the 45 day mark, you would be charged a $50 fee, but you would not lose your discount.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-13-2013, 12:30 AM   #3018
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkA77 View Post
I feel lazy not just looking around, but Im just too tired to find the answer, my question is this:

I am planning a trip around 11/5-11/11. The free dining offer i got runs from 10/18-10/31 and 11/11-11/23. Am I just SOL, or because the last day of my trip is still during that time, can I still get the free dining? Thanks in advance for the responses.
That week is blacked out due to Jersey Week, so unfortunately out of luck. Your check IN dare must fall with in the FD promo dates to have it applied to your entire stay.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 AM   #3019
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonTheGreat View Post

Do you think they would add the late august one as well or is that ruled out at this point?
Most of the current fall and winter pin code FD dates will drop this summer for the general public, but I would not look for any August dates to be on included in that promo.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:45 AM   #3020
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Sounds like alot of you are getting PIN codes this time around. That's so cool. I don't think I've ever got one in all these years.
In all the years we have been to Disney, I have only gotten an email pin code twice. So random!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM   #3021
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Creatively thinking.... what happens if you book a vacation with free dining, but for some reason don't show up for the first day of the package. Is your whole package cancelled? Or... if you pay for that first day (even though you aren't there), would your package remain the same?

I'm not exactly PLANNING on missing that first day, but if our drive just gets too long and we can't quite make it.... what would be the consequence if we booked (and paid for) a package that started on the last day of free dining, but we didn't arrive until the following day?

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
Old 05-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #3022
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracydeech View Post
Are the pins for oct- nov the same exact PIN number ???? For each person ? Or are they random different numbers?
Pin codes all have different numbers and are name specific and non-transferrable.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #3023
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Creatively thinking.... what happens if you book a vacation with free dining, but for some reason don't show up for the first day of the package. Is your whole package cancelled? Or... if you pay for that first day (even though you aren't there), would your package remain the same?

I'm not exactly PLANNING on missing that first day, but if our drive just gets too long and we can't quite make it.... what would be the consequence if we booked (and paid for) a package that started on the last day of free dining, but we didn't arrive until the following day?
Call your resort and let them know you won't make it and request for them to not get rid of your room. My reservation has a note already on it that we might not arrive til possibly after 4am
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #3024
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

Thanks Black!

With these PIN codes some lucky few are getting, do you know if you have to book a minimum amount of days?
All free dining promos, whether they be pin code, visa or general public, have always had a 3 night minimum and and 14 night maximum booking requirement. Any different verbiage you see in print advertising or in emails or on the WDW site are only for advertising purposes or pricing examples.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:55 AM   #3025
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDukeGirl View Post

Thank you! I talked to one of the chat people on the Disney website and they gave me the wrong answer. They said that I had to do at least 5 nights. I then tried it online and was able to get it for 4 nights. Ridiculous.
I agree! Some of the misinformation they give out through that chat is ridiculously wrong and very inconsistent.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #3026
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post

You would have to check in before 6 am on the following morning or your entire reservation would be cancelled and would be non-refundable.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:59 AM   #3027
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilostnemo View Post

Call your resort and let them know you won't make it and request for them to not get rid of your room. My reservation has a note already on it that we might not arrive til possibly after 4am
You have until 6 am until the reservation would be cancelled.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #3028
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
In all the years we have been to Disney, I have only gotten an email pin code twice. So random!
I never got either.

Closest I ever get are the FL resident deals.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #3029
ilostnemo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411

You have until 6 am until the reservation would be cancelled.
I've verified with disney and im safe. Been told by multiple CMs even the resort itself.

I believe I'll trust a supervisor over this issue.

Last edited by ilostnemo; 05-13-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #3030
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
No kidding! I was thinking..."if they say I have a pin this will be the best Mother's Day gift to me from Disney!!" But...no go. He said keep trying, and I made sure they had all our email addresses. Who knows! If only I could let it go and forget it till July. Ha!!
Me too. I will likely check one million times between now and July in hopes that my pin is just lost in cyber space. LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: