Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #2866
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemommamegan View Post
Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal!

But what about Facilities?!?!? Showers?!?!?!

But......there are pools and a beach there? THAT might make me look closer and rent a big ol winabago maybe .. . .. . .c'mon, say it with me ROADTRIP!!!
Oh, I am totally not trying to talk anyone into it-- if you're not a camper and don't have the stuff, it's just not worth it. Especially if lugging cross-country. But for us it's very cozy & a great way to get a lot of Disney visits in a year when we have APs.

They have comfort stations in every camping loop with showers, mirrors, sinks, laundry, etc... I swear I have never seen cleaner bathrooms at a campsite.

As for pools-- yes, Ft. Wilderness has 2 pools; one smaller one (which is still pretty big) with a hot tub. One has the full facility-- water slide, hot tub, children's play area, etc. and of course the obligatory overpriced arcade & snack bar.

They have the nice beach, the wave runners, boats, etc. + a shuttle boat directly to the MK. You can also see MK fireworks from the beach. And there used to be a light parade of boats that went by the beach every night.

They have ponies you can go pet, horse & carriage rides, a dog park (you can bring your dog in a camper), horseback riding, archery, scenic jogging & bike trails, tennis, playgrounds, etc.

Every campsite has a bbq... but they also have take-out at the Trails end, you can get a big family bucket o'chicken dinner w/sides or pizza. I mean, you never have to fire up the BBQ if you don't want to... you can always just go out to eat like usual.

They also have every night (weather permitting) a big ol' sing-along. The guy comes with a banjo & tells jokes and gets everyone singing, they do a big camp fire, you make smores or roast marshmallows.

Then Chip & Dale come , and they dance around with everyone and do the hokey pokey and some hijinks-- then they go around and take pics with everyone.

And that's free for Ft. Wilderness guests every night-- one of my favorite all-time amenities!

Then they have movies under the stars... even if you don't rent a camper, they have cabins... and if you don't have FD a cabin works out as a better value than you realize because it has a kitchenette and you can just haul in your groceries.

It's a really nice resort, worth looking into, especially if you have kids who love the outdoors. I recommend checking it out sometime.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #2867
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
wait...are you able to use free dining when you camp? I thought that the campsites were always blacked out?
I don't know, we never used FD when we camped. I'm sure you can't use it for tent camping-- I don't know about cabins.

This year we're going to PORS, though; we wanted a change of pace.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 05:00 PM   #2868
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Oh, I am totally not trying to talk anyone into it-- if you're not a camper and don't have the stuff, it's just not worth it. Especially if lugging cross-country. But for us it's very cozy & a great way to get a lot of Disney visits in a year when we have APs.

They have comfort stations in every camping loop with showers, mirrors, sinks, laundry, etc... I swear I have never seen cleaner bathrooms at a campsite.

As for pools-- yes, Ft. Wilderness has 2 pools; one smaller one (which is still pretty big) with a hot tub. One has the full facility-- water slide, hot tub, children's play area, etc. and of course the obligatory overpriced arcade & snack bar.

They have the nice beach, the wave runners, boats, etc. + a shuttle boat directly to the MK. You can also see MK fireworks from the beach. And there used to be a light parade of boats that went by the beach every night.

They have ponies you can go pet, horse & carriage rides, a dog park (you can bring your dog in a camper), horseback riding, archery, scenic jogging & bike trails, tennis, playgrounds, etc.

Every campsite has a bbq... but they also have take-out at the Trails end, you can get a big family bucket o'chicken dinner w/sides or pizza. I mean, you never have to fire up the BBQ if you don't want to... you can always just go out to eat like usual.

They also have every night (weather permitting) a big ol' sing-along. The guy comes with a banjo & tells jokes and gets everyone singing, they do a big camp fire, you make smores or roast marshmallows.

Then Chip & Dale come , and they dance around with everyone and do the hokey pokey and some hijinks-- then they go around and take pics with everyone.

And that's free for Ft. Wilderness guests every night-- one of my favorite all-time amenities!

Then they have movies under the stars... even if you don't rent a camper, they have cabins... and if you don't have FD a cabin works out as a better value than you realize because it has a kitchenette and you can just haul in your groceries.

It's a really nice resort, worth looking into, especially if you have kids who love the outdoors. I recommend checking it out sometime.
And THATS what makes that campground the best. The bathroom/shower area is the cleanest. And I love the smell of cooked bacon throughout the campsites

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #2869
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal! !
Hmmm yeah, just thinking, maybe there's a business in that, huh?

You know there are people who rent camping equipment, and people who rent campers and go in and set it up for you.

I can combine the concepts-- set up deluxe tent sites, lol. Camping in style at Disney-- set up the nice tent & air mattresses with all the comforts of home, decorate the picnic table with a little vase & rose on top.

I can keep that one on the back burner for my retirement, lol.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #2870
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
And THATS what makes that campground the best. The bathroom/shower area is the cleanest. And I love the smell of cooked bacon throughout the campsites
Ooh, yeah, love that smell. That and the coffee brewing. Something so cheerful for me about waking up to the sun & the birds & pretty greenery and all the delicious breakfast smells.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #2871
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

wait...are you able to use free dining when you camp? I thought that the campsites were always blacked out?
The FW campsites are always blacked out for free dining, the cabins are always included :-)
Old 05-11-2013, 05:40 PM   #2872
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

There's an article about a new Disney app that provides a great way to utilize your Disney vacation photos/videos.
PM me if interested, can not post. The app is called Story by Disney.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 PM   #2873
Mattressman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
lol well we arent far from you outside of Youngstown and we had the rain too but spent the night grocery shopping! haha
I work in Steubenville, OH and of course as you know that city has been going through a mess with the football players and girl.
Old 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #2874
mcding2013
Earning My Ears

Help

I have question might not be the right board but here it goes!!! I just got my final price owing from ta. I felt the price was a little high so I started crunching numbers, after that I called Disney to find out my balance which was $400 less than what ta said...I booked through caa what do u think? Could it be a mistake or is it a commission that I definitely wasn't told about? Help me please
Old 05-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #2875
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcding2013 View Post
I have question might not be the right board but here it goes!!! I just got my final price owing from ta. I felt the price was a little high so I started crunching numbers, after that I called Disney to find out my balance which was $400 less than what ta said...I booked through caa what do u think? Could it be a mistake or is it a commission that I definitely wasn't told about? Help me please
Definitely investigate as it should be roughly the same either way.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #2876
mcding2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Definitely investigate as it should be roughly the same either way.
My original price with dining upgrades was approximately $2600 with fd there saying it's $2900 that's a $400 difference. And according to my Disney reservation it's the same price as what I originally had!!! So my ta was on holiday and had an assistant do u think she made a mistake or does caa get a commission?
Old 05-11-2013, 07:01 PM   #2877
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Where are you staying? They could've add the room discount verses the free dining.
To compare, go online and run a quote and see what you come up with. The CA site might be in Canadian dollars? Make sure to clarify that when you call, but I think the Canadian dollar is pretty close to the US one right?

The other option is to call and ask if they applied free dining or room code. I called the other day and made a reservation and was assured it was free dining, but I did the numbers and it was way off. Called back and found she put room discount instead.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #2878
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Ooh, yeah, love that smell. That and the coffee brewing. Something so cheerful for me about waking up to the sun & the birds & pretty greenery and all the delicious breakfast smells.
Yes,your right. I forgot about the coffee smell lol

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #2879
mcding2013
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Where are you staying? They could've add the room discount verses the free dining.
To compare, go online and run a quote and see what you come up with. The CA site might be in Canadian dollars? Make sure to clarify that when you call, but I think the Canadian dollar is pretty close to the US one right?

The other option is to call and ask if they applied free dining or room code. I called the other day and made a reservation and was assured it was free dining, but I did the numbers and it was way off. Called back and found she put room discount instead.
It had fd attached and we r staying at movies
Old 05-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #2880
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
My original price with dining upgrades was approximately $2600 with fd there saying it's $2900 that's a $400 difference. And according to my Disney reservation it's the same price as what I originally had!!! So my ta was on holiday and had an assistant do u think she made a mistake or does caa get a commission?
She made a mistake. And all agents, even the disney phone ones get commission, but it is NOT added to your price, it is built right in there. The price does not differ by who you use.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: