Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #2851
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemommamegan View Post
YES! I was able to book All Stars Movie, Standard Room, 9/7-9/14 with free dining. Your link worked, but I STILL can not get it to work when I just log into the disneyworld website directly.....but I got what I wanted, so I am happy!! Thank you so much!!!
Awesome congrats that is great!

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #2852
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yep - that is the link I tried. I avoid calling, since Disney doesn't utilize toll free numbers. It is really strange that the links you guys have given me work, but I still cant get on when i go to www dot disneyworld dot com ? Whatever.

As far as Tents - god bless ya! Yes, I have looked at that and realized we could REALLY have a budget trip doing it, then I think of all of us in tents and cry with laughter. More power to you - but when I am on vacation, a comfy bed is kind of a priority! Wish I, or my diva family, felt differently!
LOL yes, I know it is NOT for everyone... especially if you have to lug all that camping gear across country (we're just an hour away so it's no biggie).

But the kids have their own tent, we have ours, everyone has their own beds. I have a really nice, comfy queen sized air mattress, put on my bedding and it's like home. I pack in rubbermaid boxes & use them as end tables...

I even have a ceiling fan/light in my tent. We bring old, small portable TVs that have a hook up to the cable at the site.

It's so funny, we brought our kid's friend last year who was like, "What?!!! We're sleeping in tents!!?" and then he got there after we set up, went in and was like, "Damn! This is like a hotel!"

So we're actually comfier than most people would believe, lol. And I love the amenties of a mod. resort over value resort (hot tub after parks!!!) so I prefer tenting to AS resorts.

But we've been tent camping longer than we've been coming to Disney-- and in some pretty rustic places with no electric/cable hook ups.

So camping at Ft. Wilderness is just luxury tent camping, and you simply cannot beat a 3 day Disney Weekend for about $120!

Sad thing is... we're going to PORS this year and all excited for staying there for once with dining and all... and I keep thinking to myself how much I'm going to miss my tent & beautiful Ft Wilderness.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #2853
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Sad thing is... we're going to PORS this year and all excited for staying there for once with dining and all... and I keep thinking to myself how much I'm going to miss my tent & beautiful Ft Wilderness.
I am a camper by nature myself. I would love to tent camp at Fort Wilderness!!! If only I lived closer.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #2854
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
LOL yes, I know it is NOT for everyone... especially if you have to lug all that camping gear across country (we're just an hour away so it's no biggie).

But the kids have their own tent, we have ours, everyone has their own beds. I have a really nice, comfy queen sized air mattress, put on my bedding and it's like home. I pack in rubbermaid boxes & use them as end tables...

I even have a ceiling fan/light in my tent. We bring old, small portable TVs that have a hook up to the cable at the site.

It's so funny, we brought our kid's friend last year who was like, "What?!!! We're sleeping in tents!!?" and then he got there after we set up, went in and was like, "Damn! This is like a hotel!"

So we're actually comfier than most people would believe, lol. And I love the amenties of a mod. resort over value resort (hot tub after parks!!!) so I prefer tenting to AS resorts.

But we've been tent camping longer than we've been coming to Disney-- and in some pretty rustic places with no electric/cable hook ups.

So camping at Ft. Wilderness is just luxury tent camping, and you simply cannot beat a 3 day Disney Weekend for about $120!

My husband and I camped out at fort wilderness many years ago in a tent and I was more comfortable on the air mattress than in the resort beds. Though I'm used to camping in New England so it seemed odd waking up in the morning and not seeing pine trees. Plus the wildlife was a bit different too. Many armidillos kept coming into our site begging for food. Those things scared the he'll out of me.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #2855
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
I am a camper by nature myself. I would love to tent camp at Fort Wilderness!!! If only I lived closer.
My sister is camping there in November but she rented a 5th wheeler from an outside source. For forty dollars more per day, you get a golf cart too. Was thinking about this myself but it's cheaper to stay at a mod. I think she is paying about 130$ a day for the camper plus 50 for the site then 40$ for the golf cart.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #2856
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
My husband and I camped out at fort wilderness many years ago in a tent and I was more comfortable on the air mattress than in the resort beds. Though I'm used to camping in New England so it seemed odd waking up in the morning and not seeing pine trees. Plus the wildlife was a bit different too. Many armidillos kept coming into our site begging for food. Those things scared the he'll out of me.

Oh, I totally KWYM.

We're originally from NYC so we used to camp in Upstate & around New England state parks and campgrounds-- it took a WHILE of living here to get used to camping in FL. Especially in state parks and such-- after learning to camp out in FL swamp lands, Disney camping was a breeze.

Old 05-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #2857
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
My sister is camping there in November but she rented a 5th wheeler from an outside source. For forty dollars more per day, you get a golf cart too. Was thinking about this myself but it's cheaper to stay at a mod. I think she is paying about 130$ a day for the camper plus 50 for the site then 40$ for the golf cart.
If she likes camping she's going to love camping at the fort-- especially in a trailer.

It's beautiful grounds-- the pools are gorgeous, the beach is gorgeous, it's just so refreshing to me but I always preferred the outdoors to hotels.

My favorite part of the trip is going to Chip & Dale's camp fire sing along at night-- so fun.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:00 PM   #2858
babydoll65

Quote:
Oh, I totally KWYM.

We're originally from NYC so we used to camp in Upstate & around New England state parks and campgrounds-- it took a WHILE of living here to get used to camping in FL. Especially in state parks and such-- after learning to camp out in FL swamp lands, Disney camping was a breeze.
I would love to do the camping but not sure if I want to make that drive down from Rhode Island. The drive going down was not so bad but the ride back seemed so much longer.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 05-11-2013, 04:05 PM   #2859
cath1979
Earning My Ears

Quote:
YES! I was able to book All Stars Movie, Standard Room, 9/7-9/14 with free dining. Your link worked, but I STILL can not get it to work when I just log into the disneyworld website directly.....but I got what I wanted, so I am happy!! Thank you so much!!!
Going exactly the same date at the same hotel. we eill probably meet each other without knowing it
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #2860
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by cath1979 View Post
Does somebody know how many times in advance do we have to wait to fantasmic in september? IS it more than 1 hour like they say everywhere or because it'S value season 30 minutes in advance will be enough?
We have been to F! in September and we were walking into the theater about 30 minutes before show time. As we were walking in, we heard the announcement that they were now at standing room only. At first we were bummed, but the standing room section worked well for us. It was humid so we didn't have to sit shoulder to shoulder with people and we were able to head towards the exit as the show was ending and beat the crowd out. But, if you want/need a seat, I would get there 45-60 mins ahead.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:17 PM   #2861
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:

Going exactly the same date at the same hotel. we eill probably meet each other without knowing it
Ill be there then at CSR.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #2862
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Anyone else looking forward to the EF&WF with all those lovely snack credits?

I'm excited, because we've never done it, but my son (going on 15, will be by the trip) is ecstatic.

He's wanted to be a chef since he was 4 yrs old; he's taking high school culinary classes & wants to go to Valencia in Orlando to their culinary program-- and they do a lot with internships at Disney & Universal.

So for him, being able to sample gourmet things like escargot & fillet mignion w/truffle sauce -- the kinds of things he's read about and heard about but never actually gotten to eat -- has him very very excited.

We're going to have a lot of snack credits left over for the F&WF because other than sharing a couple of Dole Whips we don't do a lot of snacking in the parks (diabetics).

Old 05-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #2863
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yippe!!! Hope to see you there!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #2864
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Well now THAT all sounds lovely....but I don't think we'd have quite the finesse that you seem to have! If YOU pitch our tent, and make our beds, we've got a deal!

But what about Facilities?!?!? Showers?!?!?!

But......there are pools and a beach there? THAT might make me look closer and rent a big ol winabago maybe .. . .. . .c'mon, say it with me ROADTRIP!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #2865
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Anyone else looking forward to the EF&WF with all those lovely snack credits?

I'm excited, because we've never done it, but my son (going on 15, will be by the trip) is ecstatic.

He's wanted to be a chef since he was 4 yrs old; he's taking high school culinary classes & wants to go to Valencia in Orlando to their culinary program-- and they do a lot with internships at Disney & Universal.

So for him, being able to sample gourmet things like escargot & fillet mignion w/truffle sauce -- the kinds of things he's read about and heard about but never actually gotten to eat -- has him very very excited.

We're going to have a lot of snack credits left over for the F&WF because other than sharing a couple of Dole Whips we don't do a lot of snacking in the parks (diabetics).
wait...are you able to use free dining when you camp? I thought that the campsites were always blacked out?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: