Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:58 PM   #2836
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
But those buses are supposed to be for resort guests only. So it's always possible that at some point Disney is just going to draw that line and start checking passengers.
I could be wrong, but fairly sure anyone with a ticket to the parks is entitled to use the bus system. You do not have to be staying onsite.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #2837
cath1979
Earning My Ears

For those who is worries that FD will be all sold out.. is stille working over here
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #2838
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post

I could be wrong, but fairly sure anyone with a ticket to the parks is entitled to use the bus system. You do not have to be staying onsite.
That's correct, all Disney transportation is free and available to anyone with a WDW ticket - don't have to be an on site guest :-)
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #2839
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

But as far as staying elsewhere-- you have to really crunch the numbers to see if it really does work out in your benefit. Sometimes it seems cheaper to stay off property; but when you take into account the parking fees, car rental fees, the time it takes to commute, etc. it's not really much of a bargain at all compared to a value resort.

I'm also waiting for Disney to start requiring people using the bus system to start showing key cards or something-- soooo many locals with APs or visitors going to the "walk to DTD" motels try to use the bus system at DTD to get to the parks & avoid the parking fees. But those buses are supposed to be for resort guests only. So it's always possible that at some point Disney is just going to draw that line and start checking passengers.
So far they haven't, and I haven't heard any rumors, but lets just say I wouldn't be surprised if it happened unexpectedly.
Actually anyone with park passes AP, MYW etc whether staying at a resort or not is entitled to use the Disney transportation system as far as I know.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 05-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #2840
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemommamegan View Post

whoa.....well now wait a second...I still can't get it on my computer?!?!?

Oh well - thanks!!! I am in now and BOOKING

sheesh...such STRESS!!!
Did you ever figure it out or just call?

What did you end up with?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #2841
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
When I got our APs years ago the only answer we could get was for resort guests only. I think the main reason was to discourage people from crowding the lots at DTD to save the parking fees at the parks directly.

That kind of made sense because some of the APs give you free parking, and some don't. There were a lot of arguments between people as to whether this was "fair" or "sneaky" or whether you could "get busted" for going with a non-parking permit AP and just dropping the car off at DTD and jumping on the bus.

Admittedly, I'm not a total sticker for those kinds of rules & regulations, I have totally jumped that bus a few times... but I figured if they wanted ID the worst they could do was tell me it wasn't part of my package and not let me on.

The buses say "be prepared to show ID" which I took to mean key cards, myself.

I just checked Mouse Planet and it says it's 'legally' for:
- resort guests
- off-site guests with with park hopper tickets
- AP holders

Last edited by MackenzieFL; 05-11-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #2842
mssong85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsmama
Ill be at all star movies the 22-28
20-26 AsMo too. Go to the Dis meets board trying to get somewhat organized.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #2843
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:

When I got our APs years ago the only answer we could get was for resort guests only. I think the main reason was to discourage people from crowding the lots at DTD to save the parking fees at the parks directly.

That kind of made sense because some of the APs give you free parking, and some don't. There were a lot of arguments between people as to whether this was "fair" or "sneaky" or whether you could "get busted" for going with a non-parking permit AP and just dropping the car off at DTD and jumping on the bus.

Admittedly, I'm not a total sticker for those kinds of rules & regulations, I have totally jumped that bus a few times... but I figured if they wanted ID the worst they could do was tell me it wasn't part of my package and not let me on.

- resort guests
- AP holders
That's why they stopped having direct bus routs from downtown Disney to the parks.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #2844
mom18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Cool - how do I find the thread? I only find this because black posted a link to it in the "other FD thread"
I can't find the september thread either!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #2845
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Did you ever figure it out or just call?

What did you end up with?
YES! I was able to book All Stars Movie, Standard Room, 9/7-9/14 with free dining. Your link worked, but I STILL can not get it to work when I just log into the disneyworld website directly.....but I got what I wanted, so I am happy!! Thank you so much!!!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #2846
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Actually, as a fairly local resident who's had APs, I've found that the absolute best bargain for us is just tent camping at Ft. Wilderness. $50 per night, all the on-site perks and amenities (including my beloved hot tubs that I like to come back to after a long day at the parks). Up to 10 people can stay so we've brought our kids friends who've had APs as well.

But then we're big tent campers, have all the equipment, air mattresses, etc. our tents are quite comfortable. I know that wouldn't work for everyone but it's the best value I've found.

Is this the link you tried?

http://bookwdw.reservations.disney.g...ket=fy13q4dine

Did you click on the blue "book through July 31" square? Because it seems to be working for me... I just plugged in numbers and got PORS standard offer for the package deal.

Have you tried calling?
Yep - that is the link I tried. I avoid calling, since Disney doesn't utilize toll free numbers. It is really strange that the links you guys have given me work, but I still cant get on when i go to www dot disneyworld dot com ? Whatever.

As far as Tents - god bless ya! Yes, I have looked at that and realized we could REALLY have a budget trip doing it, then I think of all of us in tents and cry with laughter. More power to you - but when I am on vacation, a comfy bed is kind of a priority! Wish I, or my diva family, felt differently!
Old 05-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #2847
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

- resort guests
- AP holders
I think you were probably given some misinformation, all Disney transportation, including monorails, ferries and buses have always been available to any and all WDW guests, on site or off site. They haven't had direct bus service from DTD to the parks for a number of years and that was definitely to stop off site guests from parking there for free and going to the parks. But, really, if people are willing to transfer at the resorts, they can still get around that too - not right, but I'm sure some do it.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #2848
want2bminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom18 View Post
I can't find the september thread either!
Go to the main page (disboards.com)
scroll all the way down through al the sections to the one at the bottom that says "Just for Fun"
You will see "Dis meets" under that
Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #2849
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
That's why they stopped having direct bus routs from downtown Disney to the parks.
Did they? Goes to show you how long it's been. I find that getting at least one premium AP (myself or my husband) to get the free parking pays for itself in a few day trips. Even if the rest of the family gets the cheaper passes, like seasonals w/blackout dates (because, really, who wants to go the most crowded peak season dates when you don't have to?)

Old 05-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #2850
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:

Did they? Goes to show you how long it's been. I find that getting at least one premium AP (myself or my husband) to get the free parking pays for itself in a few day trips. Even if the rest of the family gets the cheaper passes, like seasonals w/blackout dates (because, really, who wants to go the most crowded peak season dates when you don't have to?)
Yea there were people parking at DTD in the morning and bussing to the parks to get free parking.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: