Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 AM   #2776
mssong85
Mouseketeer

It is late so I am done after this. What does everyone think of purchasing the photopass(?) CD ? Does it include ride shots? How many magical shots is there? I know we will purchase ride shots. Worth it?
Old 05-11-2013, 01:19 AM   #2777
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
It is late so I am done after this. What does everyone think of purchasing the photopass(?) CD ? Does it include ride shots? How many magical shots is there? I know we will purchase ride shots. Worth it?
Photopass+ includes the ride (and certain dining) photos. It also includes BBB and PL photos. If you just do the regular Photopass, you would have to buy the ride photos separately. Magic shots are included in both, and there are lots of them available. just ask the photographer if they have any available. Not all of them have the ability to do them. Here is the preorder link for both Photopass options...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/speci...rs/wdwppp.htm#

We have done the regular for years, but we will be doing the plus this time around. Can't wait!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #2778
want2bminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Are you attracted by the Dole Whip? Yeah? Then it counts as an attraction! :

Anyone remember the Skyway that ran between Fantasy Land/Frontier Land to Tomorrow Land? I'm not too good with heights, but the view from up there was fantastic!
River Country was cool water park - only Disney water park I've been to - alas, also extinct
I miss River Country too

great childhood memories.
Old 05-11-2013, 03:35 AM   #2779
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
No need to keep it a secret. I loved Alien Encounter. I don't like the whole Stitch thing at all. I mean I love Stitch, just not that attraction.
I can't do it with Stitch. Just thinking about spitting makes me want to puke. Bummer, because Stitch is one of my favorite characters ever.

I didn't go to Disney a lot before moving to FL but when I was a child the thing I was fascinated by was 20,000 leagues under the sea... that sub going down was just amazing to me, I thought we were really going all the way down.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:39 AM   #2780
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
We're tossing the idea around. It's not an expense we calculated but there's time.

Usually we don't get photopass stuff; we just ask them to use our camera, which is not great but good enough.

But now with all the character meals, I'm tempted. Hey, maybe I'll even get in more than 1 or 2 shots!!! These character meals are like the icing on the cake for us and probably the thing we're most excited about because we never do them.

If they throw in ride photos, then that will tip me over the edge and I will do it. That would be awesome.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:54 AM   #2781
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Photopass+ includes the ride (and certain dining) photos. It also includes BBB and PL photos. If you just do the regular Photopass, you would have to buy the ride photos separately. Magic shots are included in both, and there are lots of them available. just ask the photographer if they have any available. Not all of them have the ability to do them. Here is the preorder link for both Photopass options...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/speci...rs/wdwppp.htm#

We have done the regular for years, but we will be doing the plus this time around. Can't wait!

Okay, that sounds cool but I'm confused.

You pay for the PP+; photographers take your photo on that card (in front of landmarks, characters, some of the character meals, and you get some select ride photos).

And then you go home with your card/card# and you download your photos unlimited? Or do you get a CD included in that price or what? How does that work?

And do you know if it's good for MNSSHP during our stay? Or would those be separate?

Also curious about this-- we split up a lot in the parks. Does that mean only 1 of us can use the PP+ and the other can't, or can you get more than one card for the same family/account?

And what would happen if you lost the card mid-trip? Like lets say you lose it and have 5 more days to go... you have the # to go home with and look for photos, but does that mean you can't get anymore on your PP+ card because it's gone now? Or do they replace it, or give more than one and you can link it all to your acct like with regular PP card?

I know I ask a lot of questions... sorry. But anyone who can answer without wanting to throw me off the top of the Tower of Terror, you must have the patience of a saint.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #2782
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alylyn80 View Post
I'm joining in the pathetic crew. I don't think I have checked my emails so many times! Lol
I am glad we all have company, but I would much rather hear you all got it.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #2783
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Okay, that sounds cool but I'm confused.

You pay for the PP+; photographers take your photo on that card (in front of landmarks, characters, some of the character meals, and you get some select ride photos).

And then you go home with your card/card# and you download your photos unlimited? Or do you get a CD included in that price or what? How does that work?

And do you know if it's good for MNSSHP during our stay? Or would those be separate?

Also curious about this-- we split up a lot in the parks. Does that mean only 1 of us can use the PP+ and the other can't, or can you get more than one card for the same family/account?

And what would happen if you lost the card mid-trip? Like lets say you lose it and have 5 more days to go... you have the # to go home with and look for photos, but does that mean you can't get anymore on your PP+ card because it's gone now? Or do they replace it, or give more than one and you can link it all to your acct like with regular PP card?

I know I ask a lot of questions... sorry. But anyone who can answer without wanting to throw me off the top of the Tower of Terror, you must have the patience of a saint.
You get a CD. It can be used for the MNSSHP. When you split up only one person will have the plus option. The other can get a regular photopass card and get pics taken, but only way to get ride photos on is to have them write down numbers of the photos when they get off the ride and go back later in the day with the plus card to have them added. You only get one PP+ card. If you take a photo of the back of it or write down the number somewhere, then you can recover your photos without the card. Not sure about them replacing a + card? I assume they would if you lost it.
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #2784
mousemommamegan
Mouseketeer

Free Dining Sold out?

Is is possible that the general public free dining has sold out? We were online last night, looking specifically at PORiverside and the only options I was able to select were garden view and river view Royal rooms . . . had to stop as kids needed me and went back on this morning hoping to book. The only "special offer" I could find was for the current summer promotion for a room only up to mid August? Clicked on every "special offers" link I could find, and all of them showed only the current room only. could it be?!?!?!

Did I really miss the boat? I did not get the most recent pin, and would rather go in December, so hopefully THAT one will go public. I am really beginning to wonder I am afraid I might be getting priced out of bringing my family to Disney World. The first time we went it was less than 3,800 for an entire week, INCLUDING air fare...now I am lucky to come in under 5,000 before airfare. . . .those "good neighbor hotel" ads that keep popping up here on the DIS sure are looking better and better. . . $69 per night and walking distance to Downtown Disney? Onsite just can't compare anymore.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 AM   #2785
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousemommamegan View Post
Is is possible that the general public free dining has sold out? We were online last night, looking specifically at PORiverside and the only options I was able to select were garden view and river view Royal rooms . . . had to stop as kids needed me and went back on this morning hoping to book. The only "special offer" I could find was for the current summer promotion for a room only up to mid August? Clicked on every "special offers" link I could find, and all of them showed only the current room only. could it be?!?!?!

Did I really miss the boat? I did not get the most recent pin, and would rather go in December, so hopefully THAT one will go public. I am really beginning to wonder I am afraid I might be getting priced out of bringing my family to Disney World. The first time we went it was less than 3,800 for an entire week, INCLUDING air fare...now I am lucky to come in under 5,000 before airfare. . . .those "good neighbor hotel" ads that keep popping up here on the DIS sure are looking better and better. . . $69 per night and walking distance to Downtown Disney? Onsite just can't compare anymore.
Something isn't right on their site. When I click special offers, it shows nothing but a phone number to call.

You should call them, I think their site is still acting up. I don't think they're sold out by a long shot.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #2786
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:

I do know the rooms left are those ar POR for the most part by calling.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 AM   #2787
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
. . .those "good neighbor hotel" ads that keep popping up here on the DIS sure are looking better and better. . . $69 per night and walking distance to Downtown Disney? Onsite just can't compare anymore.
Read the fine print when looking at some of those off site hotels. I know the Hilton charges something like $14 to park and another $20 dollars for resort fee....something along those lines. So that $69 can easily be double that once you tack on fees and taxes.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 08:57 AM   #2788
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I do know the rooms left are those ar POR for the most part by calling.
When I called at 7:00am the first day of free dining there were no POR preferred left for free dining
Old 05-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #2789
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post

When I called at 7:00am the first day of free dining there were no POR preferred left for free dining
Room types may sell out. But there should be other rooms available. If a resort does sell out, try a different one. There will be rooms in each category (value, moderate, deluxe) available for some time. In years past, people were still booking free dining in July.
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #2790
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I also know the pin rooms are very limited as well. I priced a few out for myself and POR only had royal rooms and POFQ only had garden rooms.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: