Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM   #2356
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
My husband is the same way. He likes for me to "save" all the details until about a week before we leave :-)
My hubby is funny, he's the total opposite. He is probably more excited than I am, lol, and more excited than the kids. He's just a big teddy bear of a guy, and he's so freaking cute when we are coming up on a Disney trip.

He has a collection of videotapes about Disney parks that he watches every now and then and DVD vacation planners he watches, or he puts on people's vacation videos on youtube to like get through the week and recharge his battery.

He buys stuff like t-shirts, pins, hats, CDs, etc. (he finds stuff on E-bay a lot, little things) and he'll buy them for us to surprise us with the day we're leaving.

He makes a vacation planning folder-- in a binder with page-drops-- and prints out things like maps, itineraries, fun facts, park hours, etc. Whatever he happens to find.

Have to understand-- the guy didn't really have a childhood; he spent half of his childhood raised in a group home institution after his mom abandoned him & his brothers. And lets just say, he was better off there than before she abandoned him. So he's like this with family vacations, holidays, etc-- things he missed out on.

So he came home today bouncier than I was -- "didja get it? didja get it? didja do it?!!"

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #2357
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Oh yea, that they will. I think she had forgot she wouldn't have a room to go to first thing in the morning. She wanted to swim for the day. I mean I suppose you could change and go to the resort pool while you waited for a room to become available.
That;s what we do... pool time.

Since its such a short drive we wear our bathing suits-- throw a t-shirt over it and slap on the sun screen.

When we arrive for a stay, we don't usually do anything other than enjoy the resort that 1st day-- get there early, go straight from the car to the pool.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #2358
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Yes. You will get two single admission vouchers and they can only be used by the people on your reservation.
Wait a minute-- Disneyquest are Disneyquest tickets included in all the MYW packages?

Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #2359
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug

does anyone know if it's possible to see a price breakdown (hotel, tickets, airfare) after purchasing the package?

I'm pretty sure our airfare went down $300, but I think I might be screwed on that...
I want to say no because when I asked the cm how much the hotel was she said once its a package you cant see that! I wanted one too but I had to figure it out myself, kind of a pain!
2011 WDW Royal Plaza
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 9 DS 6 DD 1,
Old 05-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #2360
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Wait a minute-- Disneyquest are Disneyquest tickets included in all the MYW packages?
It appears so....how did that one get by me?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #2361
allisont
Earning My Ears

Booked Caribeaan Beach Resort for 9/13-9/16 with free dining.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #2362
redngold
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
I had booked last year and up until this morning all my reservation info (resort, tickets, dining plan, etc) was all under "My Reservations". Ever since I added the Free Dining promo, all it shows is my resort, no tickets or anything else are there anymore. I mean it doesn't really matter, I know I have it, but this poor website always has some issue...
I changed from AoA to POFQ on monday with the visa offer and the site still doesn't show FD. My hotel changed but no dining. My reciept in my email does have the FD listed though so all should be fine.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #2363
Lazor460
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425

It is a new inclusion for all 2013 packages. It comes in the booklet with the arcade voucher, mini golf voucher, Photopass are, etc. and yes, there is a coaster simulator there. DH told me to take DS because we are serious gamers, but then I reminded him that I get lost easily, so we will all be going.
hi when you say the photopass is included in that book is there a deal or special with that? I was going to book before we left maybe I should just wait? thanks for all your help!
2011 WDW Royal Plaza
2007 Sarasota, FL
2005 Celebrity Century Cruise
Me DH DD 9 DS 6 DD 1,
Old 05-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #2364
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by redngold View Post
I changed from AoA to POFQ on monday with the visa offer and the site still don't show FD. My hotel changed but no dining. My reciept in my email does have the FD listed though so all should be fine.
Yes, you should be fine. However, because the WDW website is so screwed up these days, it would be advisable to print that email out, save it somewhere on your computer besides just your email, basically anything and everything to back it up in case a CM later on takes what's on the WDW website too literally.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 PM   #2365
froggy922
Mouseketeer

Got it!

Just got the email from my TA. She got FD applied to our existing ressie at ASMo!!! Woo Hoo! We had already budgeted our trip with the DP so the savings will allow us to pay to upgrade to standard dining, and can pay for MNSSHP and PP+
Viva La Free Dining! Free Dining For Everyone! Hip Hip Horray!! Yo Ho Ho, a Diner's Life for Me!! (Can ya' tell I'm a little excited?! LOL)
Old 05-09-2013, 03:08 PM   #2366
dig311dug
Earning My Ears

I never got a confirmation email after having the FD added on Tuesday...
should i be worried???
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2367
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazor460 View Post
hi when you say the photopass is included in that book is there a deal or special with that? I was going to book before we left maybe I should just wait? thanks for all your help!
It is just a basic card that you can use in the parks. I think if you register the card before your trip it will direct you to the preorder deal, but it is the same preorder deal that you can book now.

Here is the preorder link in case anyone is interested...

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/speci...rs/wdwppp.htm#
Old 05-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #2368
redngold
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post
Yes, you should be fine. However, because the WDW website is so screwed up these days, it would be advisable to print that email out, save it somewhere on your computer besides just your email, basically anything and everything to back it up in case a CM later on takes what's on the WDW website too literally.
Yep already done probably going to call in tonight just to be 100%.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #2369
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackenzieFL View Post
Yep. If you look at your reservation confirmation email, you can click on 2013 package inclusions to see everything included.

Here is the line for DQ...

DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park Admission – Voucher valid for two admission tickets per room. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a person 16 years of age or older.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #2370
Blessedwithboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Yikes! My wedding video disappeared completely right after our wedding in Nov of 1999. I have had a special VHS box that matched our wedding invitations collecting dust for over 13 years. This past Christmas Eve my grandma gathered the whole family into her living room and said she had something to show us on tv. If you knew her, you would think she was about to show us something on YouTube. Nope... There was a dim lit picture with harp music playing and before I could utter the words, "Is this my wedding video?" I was crying hysterically. The whole family was overwhelmed with happiness. Best. Gift. EVER. They found it in a box of cassette tapes in her basement. It was filmed on an 8mm tape, and she had it transferred to DVD. She made copies for my dad, mom, and DH's parents, too. Still have the VHS box, but I now have a DVD.
That is super sweet!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: