Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #1801
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 267 View Post
Can someone help me with a question about FD? We are booked for August but thought about booking in September when FD came out, my question is is FD that much of a savings over the 30% off? I think i did the math correctly and FD only saves me aroun $200.00, I this correct? Me, wife, 17 and 16 on the plan.
When I look at savings I look at the whole picture...

We are a family of five for 6 nights

$3800 at Contemporary

If we booked the discounted room it would run $1856, park tickets would run $1400 so we're sitting at $3400...now that 'looks' like a savings of $400..but will we be able to eat at 6 sit downs, 6 counter service for less than $400?? No way! When you add it up, we'd spend $300 a day on food at Disney! Now we could try and eat granola bars for breakfast, pbj for lunch and do one counter service per day and stay around $400 MAYBE...but if you tell me I can eat and just pay tips for $400 more..I'm booking FD!

Old 05-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #1802
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
Add me to the bundle of nerves group!! And I can't even get up early to call, since we booked through a TA! So it's completely out of my hands - yikes.

We are booked at POR in a standard room, which I've been reading is sold out now - fingers crossed because as a family of 5 that's our only real option haha!
That is our situation, we need the room for 5.

I hear they save some for when it opens to the general public so that's why I'm so nervous & keeping fingers crossed.

A suite at AS Music would be more than PORS... and only QS.

When we started planning/saving for this trip we never even expected FD, we just wanted to stay in a room at a mod resort for once, but now we're so excited about character meals it will be a huge let down. We'll still be at Disney & get over it I guess, but big disappointment the same.

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #1803
mssong85
Mouseketeer

I haven't booked anything yet. I plan to start tomorrow. Will I be able to get any character dining? I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth upgrading to TS. Thanks you guys are rockstars! I e this thread!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:04 PM   #1804
MackenzieFL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85 View Post
I haven't booked anything yet. I plan to start tomorrow. Will I be able to get any character dining? I am trying to decide whether or not it is worth upgrading to TS. Thanks you guys are rockstars! I e this thread!
Yes, TS allows character dining.

They tell you here what counts as QS, what's TS, and what's signature dining (which cost 2 TS credits):
http://allears.net/din/basic-disney-dining-plan.htm

[i]Sigh... he wants to marry me all over again! And take me to Walt Disney World for a romantic honeymoon... no wonder I'm still so in love with him!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #1805
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mssong85
You can go onto the WDW site now and look at online adrs and get an idea as to what and when is available. I think we have 6 character meals booked. I did them all last week and got into every one I wanted but didn't get the exact time I wanted in every case. That being said BOG is completely booked for TS and I didn't request CRT.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:08 PM   #1806
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are just going to have to do a search on the WDW dining site and see what is available at this point. A lot of the character meals will already have very limited availability at this point. Definitely make sure you can get the TS meals you want before you pay for the DDP upgrade.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #1807
Malibustyle23
DIS Veteran

And while character meals are nice especially for the kids there are plenty of delicious non character TS choices. If you want a break in your day or more than just cs don't limit yourself just because Mickey won't be there.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #1808
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
If you're talking about making ADR's, I would do it as soon as you possibly can - especially if you want to get reservations at a character dining place. They fill up fast. You can always cancel any of your dining ressies later if you need to. (Be sure to cancel if you aren't going to use them to avoid the $10.00 cancellation fee.) If I'm not mistaken, only the "dining experience" restaurants like CRT require advance payment if you're not on dining plan.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #1809
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Home now, cake batter shake has been drank....what did I miss?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1810
JoanneDisFan
Mouseketeer

I was so excited today that I can book tomorrow. Had physical therapy for tendinitis and got talking with my therapist and let it slip free dining comes out tomorrow. Turns out she's also a Disney fan and was glad to know it was coming out, as she was wanting to go. Glad to be able to share the love.

Dec 2005- AS Movies, Sept 2008- Free Dining AS Movies, Oct 2011- Coronado Springs, Sept 2013-Free Dining Caribbean Beach,
(Me) (DH) (DD14) (DS 3)
Old 05-08-2013, 05:39 PM   #1811
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Home now, cake batter shake has been drank....what did I miss?
Hope you're giving your typing fingers a rest... you're going to be slammed with questions and comments tomorrow!

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #1812
Mariannekay
Now, think of the happiest things. It's the same as having wings.

I have such anxiety over FD tomorrow!! I already have a reservation for CSR with all of my adrs booked, including a CRT breakfast...but not during free dining 9/30-10/6. We will have to change our dates to the beginning of Sept because that's the only other vacation time I have available. I know it will be tough to replace the CRT adr...although I saw one today and couldn't book it without the dining plan (don't want to advance pay out of pocket)! This is going to be a loooong night! Lol!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #1813
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Oh PLEASE let's have a FD Thread 2: Thursday Strikes Back! I super love this thread and all you guys! I feel like I have made friends!
Don't forget about those of us waiting for the July/August (fingers crossed) announcements for late fall free dining!! This thread group has a while to go! Listening to ya'all getting great deals is getting me through the waiting and waiting and waiting....

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #1814
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post
Don't forget about those of us waiting for the July/August (fingers crossed) announcements for late fall free dining!! This thread group has a while to go! Listening to ya'all getting great deals is getting me through the waiting and waiting and waiting....
Me too!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:36 PM   #1815
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlightlyocdDisneyfan View Post

Me too! I can't wait to post that I have FD...fingers crossed!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: