Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #1711
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
I'll add to the Disney support group. My father in law past away last April from cancer. we had already planned and paid for a trip in sept including them. We still went on the trip along with my mother in law. Well when we got to our room it was all decorated in Disney stuff everywhere from Disney florist. The card on the table said Love Grandpa. I'm still tearing up as I type.
Seriously, if you guys don't stop I am going to have to put my phone in rice!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #1712
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by monorailrabbit View Post
Hmm... Personally I am worried that if I am on hold too long I will fall asleep... totally getting up at 6am to call (and I have not been up at that hour for a VERY long time) Maybe we will get lucky and have quick wait times like you lucky ducks did... otherwise I suppose I can just sing along to the hold music!

Edited to add: One of you guys were worried about getting caught by a CM - I was totally singing my heart out to One Little Spark when a CM came on, told me I had just made her day, lol!
That's Awesome! I was the one getting worried. So glad it's not just me.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-08-2013, 09:14 AM   #1713
kcwiak
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Even more great stories. We're all just going to be a blubbering mess before long. I can see some of you trying to call in Thursday morning and talking to the CMs while sobbing endlessly at some of these heartfelt stories.
I have to wait for my TA to do it Thursday. This is the first time I have done a WDW trip with TA. Not liking lack of control. Has anyone used Its a Small World agency? Are they quick about hoping on promos? Already sent email with heads up (acted like she did not know-maybe she didn't) saying we want it and to upgrade to dining. Hope I find out fast that all is set!

Sept 2013 - 10 day Family Trip
Jan 2011 - 7 day Family Trip
1990-1998 - 50+ day and/or multi day trips
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #1714
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
I do keep trying!! I check online several times a day hoping something will open up!! Thanks for the encouragement though !
You absolutely should not give up. I checked every hour on the hour and eventually got one. People change their ressies all the time. Don't give up.

Oh and I have family in Putnam county. It's very pretty there.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #1715
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwiak View Post
I have to wait for my TA to do it Thursday. This is the first time I have done a WDW trip with TA. Not liking lack of control. Has anyone used Its a Small World agency? Are they quick about hoping on promos? Already sent email with heads up (acted like she did not know-maybe she didn't) saying we want it and to upgrade to dining. Hope I find out fast that all is set!
Do you mean Small World Vacations???

Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #1716
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Seriously, if you guys don't stop I am going to have to put my phone in rice!
Crying is good for the soul, but not good for the phone.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #1717
luvmy3
When I drink I find its easier to watch my children because I see all 3 of them double, so all 6 of them of them take all my attention

Quote:
I used them our first trip and they got the free dining applied the day it became available. I guess it depends on your individual TA though but I would think most if not all are very experienced adding discounts/promos to their clients res.

ETA I used Small World Vacations (if that is who you mean).
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #1718
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessedwithboys View Post
As we sit here waiting to see what Thursday will bring anyone want to humor me by helping me sort out my never ending indecisiveness over resorts

We are currently booked at AOA LM. We originally wanted to book an AOA suite like last year but it was way out of budget. We really, really love AOA. The zero entry pool and splash pad being the number one seller for us as both my kids are not fond of being held in the water they like some freedom. Since AOA LM is a no go for the discount I am stuck.
Pop seems super fun for my kids but I am just not fond of the theme or look.. I have two pretty light sleepers so I worry about noise level and I am bummed that there is no zero entry pool. I love the one bus stop!
I am also considering POR because of the AB rooms. We would book preferred to be guaranteed AB. I love the bigger beds, trundle (my 2 year old could use that rather than a pack n play) and the two sinks. My oldest son liked the theme of the AB rooms but he resort as a whole, though very very nice and lush just does not feel fun!

What would you do?
Say the heck with it and keep LM AOA paying for the dining plan(we are fine with the price point but are more comfortable with a lower price)
Move to Pop with FD upgrade
Move to POR preferred with FD

Thanks all!!
I think you can not go wrong with either pop or por. My kids LOVED Pop. It's not any noisier than any other value, including AOA, I'm guessing.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 AM   #1719
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emme View Post
What a great thread!!! I literally got tears in my eyes over and over!!

OK now that we have either gotten our FD or are waiting until tomorrow to call...we have some time to spare.

Sooooo, with that, what is the one Table Service you are hoping to score. I so wanted "Be Our Guest" but can not get it for the first week of Sept. no matter how many times a day I look.

What is your one "must do" TS for your free dining pleasure??

Thanks again Black...you done a good thing here
I couldn't get it either, same week, so we're doing lunch.
Must haves were Ohana, Biergarten, and Crystal Palace.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #1720
draybook
Earning My Ears

Quote:

I'm a total control freak when it comes to planning. I think I'd have a stroke if I had to rely on someone else to make my reservations. More power to you people though!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #1721
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by draybook View Post

I'm a total control freak when it comes to planning. I think I'd have a stroke if I had to rely on someone else to make my reservations. More power to you people though!
I resemble that remark!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #1722
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I resemble that remark!
Yea I totally couldn't leave it in anyone else's hands.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #1723
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

What....so you and I shouldn't take tomorrow as our day off from the boards?

Um, no. Probably be a few more days before I implement my Disboards break ;-)
Old 05-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #1724
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstone View Post
We just made our reservations for WDW Sept 18 - 24.
Thanks to everyone here for all of the good information that helped us make a decision. Now I hope to see some other Dis members when we are there
My DD, her DH & my granddaughter will be there from Sep 12 - Sep 21 (we're staying an extra day since we got the FD - THANK YOU, Joe!!) - staying at POR.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 05-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #1725
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post

I resemble that remark!
Unfortunately, I do too ;-)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: