Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1576
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie17 View Post

The change/modify fee is $50.00 I believe - so there's no way I could just keep his ticket for later if he does not show up? I know there are a lot of people who don't mind just losing money but I hate to lose any money if at all possible even if its just a nominal fee of $50. So I guess that even if we do keep his ticket they won't allow him to keep his dining credit for spring break is what you are saying.

I guess I need to find out does Disney allow you to add a child/disney adult to a reservation if it is slated as Free dining at a later date or does that nullify the reservation that's already booked.
No, you won't be able to save his dining credits for a later trip. Your dining credits are linked to your resort stay, not your tickets, and they will expire at midnight on the day you check out.

As for the ticket itself, they will allow package tickets to be taken off of the KYYW card, but that is usually in an instance of a party that has APs who wants to save their FD package tickets so they can upgrade them the next year for APs. Generally, the resort isn't going to give you that hard ticket for one person in your party that doesn't show up. Most likely they will just take him off the reservation and you would have to deal with guest services at the resort about a refund.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #1577
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
?about making adrs. When making adrs online it asks you if you have the dining plan or not. I do have a reservation already made six nights with six day ph. But unless I can get free dining for November I would not be purchasing it because it's cheaper oop. So far everyone says to make your adrs so when fd comes out you will have everything you want ahead of time. Is it necessary to let the cms know when fd comes out the you made your ress.under no dining plan, do they have to change anything. I hope this makes sense to someone
Making ADRs in no way affects your resort reservation, whether you have free dining or not. People who stay off site and can't even purchase the dining plan can make ADRs. It makes absolutely no difference. The only thing I would wait on is booking are any pre-pay ADRs like CRT or the dinner shows so you don't have to bother with refund if you add the plan, free or not.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #1578
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post

He did. Even my mother in law didn't know he planned it.
OMG, gave me goosebumps!!! What an amazing memory for your family to have :-?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #1579
Rhondasroost
Earning My Ears

Free Dining Question

This is my first post here, so hello to everyone. I'm hoping to get the free dining on the 9th with my reservation and tickets. Got a few questions. How do you know what you can order? Is there a price limit for each lunch or dinner? I'm getting confused and it is way to early for that!

Thanks
Rhonda
Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #1580
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Not a good sign to kids seeing an adult crying in a dentist office!! Lol
No kidding Although, my kids love the dentist....I am the one that is afraid!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:58 PM   #1581
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Oh I can just see you sitting in the office sobbing, and everyone else thinking "what a strange person".

And once again I must ask...what have I started?
Now that's a given!!! My kids are in year round school and have been out about a month now....They probably just thought I was crying about that.

Vickie
Old 05-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1582
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfam4life View Post
Okay I know someone said they thought free dining would be offered sep/oct/nov/dec but after the free dining was released this week for sep I have been seeing people saying they thought it would only be offered for sep and oct? Has anyone else seen / heard anything? Do y'all think I still have a chance for FD for nov 29- dec 7?? I know anything is possible but what are y'all's opinion? Thanks in advance!!!!
Normally the August/September FD dates are released in the spring and the October - December FD dates are released in the summer, usually July, sometimes August. No one that follows these types of historical discounts expected the October - December FD dates to be released yet. If they release FD for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two these dates should be pretty close.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:02 PM   #1583
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate princess 2 View Post
Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Everything is great now.

And I totally sing along with the hold music. I'm always afraid I'm gonna get busted by a laughing CM.
So glad you are okay! :-)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #1584
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

But it isn't the week of its the week after. From what I've read it's the 3 rd slowest week out of the year so wonder if that makes a difference. I thought someone told me they thought maybe there was a chance of them offering it that week but I may have misunderstood them. Thanks!
I listed some "predicted" dates in my other post :-)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #1585
Disneyfam4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post

Normally the August/September FD dates are released in the spring and the October - December FD dates are released in the summer, usually July, sometimes August. No one that follows these types of historical discounts expected the October - December FD dates to be released yet. If they release FD for that timeframe, I would say:

Oct 1-5 or 6 and Oct 19 or 20 - Nov 1 or 2
November 10 - 21
Nov 29 or 30 - Dec 5 or 6 and Dec 14 - 19

Give or take a day or two these dates should be pretty close.
Thanks TheDisney411!!! That's what I thought. There is several people saying on some of the other forums on here that September was the ONLY month they would offer it this year. I sure hope not!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #1586
grimley1968
DIS Veteran
Obedient Man

Quote:
Thanks TheDisney411!!! That's what I thought. There is several people saying on some of the other forums on here that September was the ONLY month they would offer it this year. I sure hope not!
People can say what they like, but that would go against every single year's history since they started FD in 2005.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #1587
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondasroost View Post
This is my first post here, so hello to everyone. I'm hoping to get the free dining on the 9th with my reservation and tickets. Got a few questions. How do you know what you can order? Is there a price limit for each lunch or dinner? I'm getting confused and it is way to early for that!

Thanks
Rhonda
There are, generally, no restrictions on the Disney Dining Plan, whether it is free or not and you can order anything on the menus. With the counter service/fast food meals you can get a combo, drink and dessert, at table service/sit down meals you can get entree w/sides, drink and dessert and most snack credits can be used for single serve food items under $4. Alcoholic beverages and tips are not included with the DDP. You also need to plan on making advance dining reservations for all table service meals. I would look on the dining website today and see what is available. Your ADR window has been open for booking since March and a lot of the character meals and popular restaurants will already have limited availability.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #1588
Disneyfam4life
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

People can say what they like, but that would go against every single year's history since they started FD in 2005.
Awesome. Thanks!!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #1589
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimley1968 View Post

I know! I think the death of free dining has been reported on here every year since 2006 ;-)

Long live free dining!!!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #1590
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post

No kidding Although, my kids love the dentist....I am the one that is afraid!!!
I've gotten better...but it took me 20 yrs lol I figured the kids go twice a year I should be a positive roll model. But after 20 yrs I didn't have any cavities...woohoo! I've been going for 4 yrs now...all is good
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: