Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #1531
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
That is a really sweet, sweet story. Have all your ds's issues resolved? Thanks for sharing. I love stories of triumph.

OK, if this continues, I am going to need more tissue!

Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #1532
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
That is a really sweet, sweet story. Have all your ds's issues resolved? Thanks for sharing. I love stories of triumph.

OK, if this continues, I am going to need more tissue!
He has issues with coordination and clarity of speech, and it takes him longer to process. Because of the processing issues, he is taking longer to get reading down.
But, he's a bright, funny kid...he isn't as impaired as people think he is by the way he walks and talks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #1533
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
Precious! You made me cry again :-)
Old 05-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #1534
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dig311dug View Post
the site has officially crashed

go team
I'll say it again . . . .

I HATE the new website!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #1535
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraney106 View Post

Is this music available on a CD? I would love to get it for the car ! Thanks !
We have a ton of the WDW parks music CDs. I bought a big combo pack from the disneystore.com :-)
Old 05-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #1536
2 Little Mermaids
Mouseketeer

I'll add to the Disney support group. My father in law past away last April from cancer. we had already planned and paid for a trip in sept including them. We still went on the trip along with my mother in law. Well when we got to our room it was all decorated in Disney stuff everywhere from Disney florist. The card on the table said Love Grandpa. I'm still tearing up as I type.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #1537
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
I'll say it again . . . .

I HATE the new website!
I'm also very frustrated with the My Disney Experience...experience.
Won't sync between my computer and my mobile app.

I have one ADR that was apparently made through the old format...and no matter how many times I try to link that ADR...it won't link.
Download the mobile app to my iPad...no ressies of any kind show up...EXCEPT the ONE that won't show up on the computer. DOH!

At LEAST all my hotel ressies showed up right away. I didn't get an email for one of my ROs, but it is on the site.

You'd think WDW would have the best computer system with as much $$$ as they put into other tech.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #1538
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Little Mermaids View Post
I'll add to the Disney support group. My father in law past away last April from cancer. we had already planned and paid for a trip in sept including them. We still went on the trip along with my mother in law. Well when we got to our room it was all decorated in Disney stuff everywhere from Disney florist. The card on the table said Love Grandpa. I'm still tearing up as I type.
OH! Oh...my...just choked up here. How wonderful!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #1539
Marie17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
There could be a possible, minimal charge if you are less than 45 days from check in. Dining credits expire for your entire party at midnight on the day you check out.
The change/modify fee is $50.00 I believe - so there's no way I could just keep his ticket for later if he does not show up? I know there are a lot of people who don't mind just losing money but I hate to lose any money if at all possible even if its just a nominal fee of $50. So I guess that even if we do keep his ticket they won't allow him to keep his dining credit for spring break is what you are saying.

--

I guess I need to find out does Disney allow you to add a child/disney adult to a reservation if it is slated as Free dining at a later date or does that nullify the reservation that's already booked.

---

And after reading all the sentimental stories it just makes me feel like who cares if testing is going to be done and just wing it and hope for the best. Just due to some medical reasons he sometimes has cut the allowed absent days close.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:22 PM   #1540
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
It's on the official album of the Paris that they sell all over Walt Disney World.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #1541
Marie17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 little mermaids View Post
i'll add to the disney support group. My father in law past away last april from cancer. We had already planned and paid for a trip in sept including them. We still went on the trip along with my mother in law. Well when we got to our room it was all decorated in disney stuff everywhere from disney florist. The card on the table said love grandpa. I'm still tearing up as i type.
wow!
Old 05-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #1542
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Even more great stories. We're all just going to be a blubbering mess before long. I can see some of you trying to call in Thursday morning and talking to the CMs while sobbing endlessly at some of these heartfelt stories.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 05-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #1543
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie17 View Post
The change/modify fee is $50.00 I believe - so there's no way I could just keep his ticket for later if he does not show up? I know there are a lot of people who don't mind just losing money but I hate to lose any money if at all possible even if its just a nominal fee of $50. So I guess that even if we do keep his ticket they won't allow him to keep his dining credit for spring break is what you are saying.

--

I guess I need to find out does Disney allow you to add a child/disney adult to a reservation if it is slated as Free dining at a later date or does that nullify the reservation that's already booked.

---

And after reading all the sentimental stories it just makes me feel like who cares if testing is going to be done and just wing it and hope for the best. Just due to some medical reasons he sometimes has cut the allowed absent days close.
The technical answer is no. But you could.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #1544
Pirate princess 2
Mouseketeer

You all have such amazing stories of family and love. I feel I need to share. We planned our kids first trip then they were 2 and 5. All the grandparents were coming along as well. The travel agent asked if we wanted travel insurance. I responded with no nothing except death is keeping me away. Don't EVER say that. 3 months later I was diagnosed with cancer. I began chemo and radiation and could not make it to Disney. It broke my heart because I was so excited to share it with my kids. After 6 months of treatment I was in remition and on my way with my whole family to Disney. My parents were very worried that I would need a wheel chair and wouldn't be able to do everything I wanted. Truely nothing was going to stop me that time, and I did cry seeing my children there the first time walking down Main street. And no one could keep up with me. It was a new lease on life, and every day is a gift.

I think all of us Disney lovers have a very unique bond. There's nothing like it.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:40 PM   #1545
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Four Parks One World...it's my favorite cd. It takes me to my happy place
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: