Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 05-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1516
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamesa View Post

What really gets me every single time is the "Dreams come true parade" I cannot help myself.
Wishes at MK gets me choked up every time. Also, we love going in mid December for the Christmas season and seeing it "snow" on Main Street at MK, seeing the Osborne Lights at DHS and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot get me EVERY single time too!
TheDisney411 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #1517
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Speaking of which...may as well let some of you live out one of my traditions. I play this in my car everytime I drive through the gates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCh9NwDoyg
I read all the meaningful posts about lost loved ones, and got a lump in my throat, but held it together.

Then you post THIS.

I have now officially lost it. When I see those gates again...I will also lose it. And the castle. And wishes. Shoot, I cried the first time I ever saw pop century's lobby!!!
That's another story I'll use another post for.
DisneyMom5 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #1518
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

I told my DH on the ferry ride over to MK, don't laugh at me when I start crying here. He just laughed at me....than. We were watching the parade with Hannah Montana's Pump Up The Party as the music in front of the castle. My kids, DD9 & DS7(at the time), were sooooo excited they were jumping up and down waving. I had tears streaming down my face because of their excitement. But guess who else did??? Yup, DH!! He said ok, I won't laugh at you anymore. And, it was my sons 7th bday and he was wearing a bday pin. I swear every CM in the place wished him a happy birthday. And I teared up every time.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #1519
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
All of these stories are so sweet. As for things that make me cry, well... I have cried at two Wiggles concerts so... In my defense, I was 8 months pregnant for the first one. No good excuse for the second one. I tear up over everything at the parks. Not full on crying, but just watery eyes. Shows, parades, fireworks... Always teary-eyed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
Wishes at MK gets me choked up every time. Also, we love going in mid December for the Christmas season and seeing it "snow" on Main Street at MK, seeing the Osborne Lights at DHS and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot get me EVERY single time too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
I read all the meaningful posts about lost loved ones, and got a lump in my throat, but held it together.

Then you post THIS.

I have now officially lost it. When I see those gates again...I will also lose it. And the castle. And wishes. Shoot, I cried the first time I ever saw pop century's lobby!!!
That's another story I'll use another post for.
What a bunch of sentimentally attached people we are to Disney; but not enough so to give up FREE DINING!! It's the experience; not where we lay our head at night (at least not totally).
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #1520
skmastaz
Mouseketeer
 
skmastaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 91

All my fingers and toes are crossed for there being more AoA suites being released for GP. My back up plan is back to back rooms at POP or back to back rooms in ASMo. Either will be awesome, but we really want those suites! My boys would love the bed coming out of the wall! (so would I!)
skmastaz is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #1521
dillweed99
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: LONG BEACH, CA
Posts: 5

Ok new to this but was wondering if they put out a free dining for September what are the odds some promotion will come out for December? ??
dillweed99 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:33 PM   #1522
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
DisneyMom5 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #1523
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r
 
Sylkie31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 509

Thank you, Joe, for sharing your story with us. Glad I had the tissue box on my desk. What an awesome way to remember the great times you had with your dad and honor him by carrying on the tradition. I'd bet he is smiling - any maybe a little teary eyed, too - with your sharing those memories. I know he's smiling when you're there celebrating the memories and making new ones, too.
My first trip to Disney World, as I've mentioned before, was to the preview center before the park was opened with my mom & dad. We talked about going back to visit the park, but my dad passed away in Oct, 1971 so never made to the actual park. Did get to take my mom to Disney World with my 2 kids not quite 3 yrs before she died. I've been back more times than I count now, and yes, I relive those memories and make new ones to store in my special "Disney memories treasure chest" I store in my heart. Thanks to everyone who has shared some of their special Disney memories, too. I LOVE going to see The Mouse! I'm so glad my daughter discovered Disboards. I love it here - you all are totally awesome!
__________________



Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #1524
smitch425
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 11,664

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillweed99 View Post
Ok new to this but was wondering if they put out a free dining for September what are the odds some promotion will come out for December? ??

Odds are good that something will be released, but not until July or even as late as August. There will be blackout dates, though.
smitch425 is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:37 PM   #1525
dig311dug
Earning My Ears
 
dig311dug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 45

the site has officially crashed

go team
dig311dug is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #1526
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
Wow...chills & tears. I'm so glad your son is recovering. Do you go yearly now??
Kat016 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #1527
disneyfantotheend
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfantotheend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,712

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMom5 View Post
Ok, here's our story:
Our family's first WDW trip was Feb. '04.
We stayed at the FW cabins, it was awesome and we knew we'd be back someday.
That May, a live tree limb broke off of a big tree in our yard and hit my then 2.5 yo ds, causing a traumatic brain injury.
I lived with ds in the hospital for 9 weeks as he relearned how to move, talk, walk...everything...while dh and my parents cared for the other kids.
Besides our faith, the thing that got DH and I through is we'd look at each other and say "when this is over...we'll go back to WDW."
Over and over we'd promise each other that.
We tried to book a trip in Feb. '05 but dh's job was shaky and we couldn't.
Months roll by, and something comes out that will make it possible for us to go back...yep, the first time they offered free dining!
We went Aug. '05, and stayed at Pop Century, and when I walked into that lobby, I started crying, because it was SO DISNEY.
And I knew at that moment that everything would be ok, and we'd survived, and we were AT WDW!
DS still had issues, and still does to this day, but on that trip, a year after he was released from the hospital, a year after re-learning to walk, he RAN to hug Woody at a meet and greet.

WDW is our happy place, and I'm not ashamed to say it.
And now I'm crying again.

You are all good people...you know that?
Wow! What an amazing story! I am so glad you had your love of Disney to help get you through it all. I think I have done my fare share of crying today. I too cry at just about every parade, show, fireworks and just walking into each park.
disneyfantotheend is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #1528
jgraney106
DIS Veteran
 
jgraney106's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rochester, New York
Posts: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Speaking of which...may as well let some of you live out one of my traditions. I play this in my car everytime I drive through the gates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGCh9NwDoyg
Is this music available on a CD? I would love to get it for the car ! Thanks !
jgraney106 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #1529
DisneyMom5
DIS Veteran
 
DisneyMom5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Wow...chills & tears. I'm so glad your son is recovering. Do you go yearly now??
Oh...how I wish!
We went that Aug., then took my SIL and her kids and my mom in '07 and '09, and haven't been back since.
Instead we relocated for work, from MI to the Amusement Park known as CHEESELAND.
Very excited to be going back. Sigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfantotheend View Post
Wow! What an amazing story! I am so glad you had your love of Disney to help get you through it all. I think I have done my fare share of crying today. I too cry at just about every parade, show, fireworks and just walking into each park.
I hear ya!
DisneyMom5 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #1530
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,296

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillweed99 View Post
Ok new to this but was wondering if they put out a free dining for September what are the odds some promotion will come out for December? ??
Free dining promos have been around for about 9 years. The October - December free dining dates are not released annually until usually July, sometimes August. But the free dining dates will be for select low crowd weeks and won't blanket the whole month.
TheDisney411 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: