Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Pilx
Earning My Ears

Phone lost on the Manta!

First I will say it is my fault, I take full responsibility and I have learned my lesson to heed the warnings of the Manta.

I have ridden the Manta several times in the past and never had an issue with stuff staying in my pockets but I guess it was bound to happen some time...and Sunday my iPhone flew right out. I didn't even notice until the people behind us said they saw a phone fly past them. Sure enough, it was gone. They said it was "in the middle of nowhere" so that doesn't help much. So, I talked to guest services and filled out a lost item report. I called this morning to see if it turned up but nothing fits the description.

I am curious if anyone has any more info regarding Sea World's lost and found. Do they do a sweep of the rides after each day? Is there a way I can go and look for it myself? Has anyone else had an experience losing stuff on a ride? Did it turn up? Can I request some sort of special search? I'm sure it's all the standard answers here but I thought if someone worked there or had some special info they could pass along that would be great. Thanks!
Pilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
duffdo
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your iPhone. I know it probably isn't of much use now, but do you use "Find my iPhone"? I very much doubt that it is still alive after a drop from a roller coaster, but if you get a recent location update from it, it may be possible to find it. Given that the roller coaster is outdoors, the GPS will be at its most accurate. I would say that this is probably your only hope.

As for lost and found policies, I have no experience with them in Orlando, but would assume that they are pretty much the same in any theme park around the world. I.e. they will only attempt to retrieve your items once the ride is closed, (lets face it, they aren't going to devote too much time to retrieving items!)
duffdo is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-29-2013, 10:26 PM   #3
mjohnson96
DIS Veteran

I lost my iPhone on RRR couple years ago, you would be amazed at how many iPhones are at lost and found. I had to leave my info and phone number so they could match it if it turned up. Never did and it never showed back up on the find my phone . I think it was in a tree or on top a building.

One afternoon they had 6 iPhones they had just had turned in but none were mine of course.

mjohnson96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #4
Pilx
Earning My Ears

Yeah, sadly Find My iPhone didn't show anything which probably means it's in pieces or underwater. I've been talking with Debbie at lost and found and she's been real nice going through the found phones but doesn't sound like they found mine. With the heavy rains last night I'm sure if it was still alive it's dead now so I'll chalk it up as a loss and consider it a lesson learned I guess. The Manta don't fool around.
Pilx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

Actually, my nephew lost his on Manta as well, but they did find it when they did the sweeps, it had landed in one of the net areas above the walkway, and he got it back. It had popped the back off so he had to get a new back (android phone) and battery, but when they popped in the new battery, it still worked. I know they are good about finding things and returning when they can, but there is an awful lot of that ride where I would doubt it would be findable.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: